Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Am I the only one who thinks this Bronco is ugly as F. Everyone has already mentioned 90% of Jeeps don't leave the pavement, I don't see rich 16 year old girls dreaming about this thing.

Wrangler is a massive success because they did a great job balancing its two purposes. All they sacrificed was affordability, but no one seems to care.
I will hold judgement until I see them in person.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one who thinks this Bronco is ugly as F. Everyone has already mentioned 90% of Jeeps don't leave the pavement, I don't see rich 16 year old girls dreaming about this thing.

Wrangler is a massive success because they did a great job balancing its two purposes. All they sacrificed was affordability, but no one seems to care.
Doesn't do it for me either. Seems kind of toy like, kind of plastic-y but then again it's a pic and we haven't seen one up close yet. In terms of "toughness" I don't see it giving the Jeep a run for it's money.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

That’s it right there.

I see Bronco appealing primarily to old Ford die-hards, secondarily to off-roaders who got disaffected with either Jeep, FCA or its dealers.

I tried to move away from owning a Wrangler twice, only to come back crawling because I missed it so much, notwithstanding all the dealer abuse I have to put up with.

Despite Wrangler’s stupid prices, this JL is the best all-around vehicle of all the Wranglers I owned. It is a capable off-roader, practical grocery getter, comfortable daily driver, safe all-weather traveler, excellent conversation starter, etc. So, I can justify spending a fair bit of money on it. Besides, any half-decent vehicle is going to cost upwards of $40,000 these days.

Last edited:

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Doesn't do it for me either. Seems kind of toy like, kind of plastic-y but then again it's a pic and we haven't seen one up close yet. In terms of "toughness" I don't see it giving the Jeep a run for it's money.
Is the wranglers interior made with metal/steel or plastic? All modern cars have adopted this because it’s cheap. I’m team wrangler, but they have a nice design and I hope this is good competition.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Is the wranglers interior made with metal/steel or plastic? All modern cars have adopted this because it’s cheap. I’m team wrangler, but they have a nice design and I hope this is good competition.
When I say "plastic-y" I'm referring to how the Bronco looks just sitting there, the FJs made me feel the same way.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My original plan was to take a look at the Bronco in 2021 or 2022. Now I think I'm too invested in the Wrangler no matter what they do.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I thought '66 was the first model year of the Bronco?

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Like others have said competition is good for the consumer. I used to shoot weddings and family portraits and there is a never ending battle over Canon versus Nikon. I shoot Canon because of the glass, but if you print an 8x10 you will never tell the difference. Hell the new iPhones are amazing and much lighter to carry around. I was always amazed when people sold all their equipment (and lost thousands of dollars) to switch to the other brand because of a "better"capability. I knew some people who switched multiple times. I remember Scott Kelby (of Photoshop fame) said the best picture he ever took was with a 6 MP Canon Rebel XT ($600 new in 2005) and he shoots with the best rigs money can buy.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Who said anything about drag racing? When your adding 35” or 37” tires you need HP and torque. The 3.6 and the 2 liter turbo are weak options. The bronco is going to really bring that to light soon. It’s all good tho. Jeep will finally have to play ball to keep up haha. I can’t wait to see what they come up with.
You clearly don't understand 4:1 gearing....but in fairness, you're looking at an IFS Bronco in comparison....so low range is probably not something you're worried about.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You clearly don't understand 4:1 gearing....but in fairness, you're looking at an IFS Bronco in comparison....so low range is probably not something you're worried about.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler 1592859569639

Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Lol. Not going to take the bait. I hope the bronco brings out some new options for wrangler. Should be interesting to watch ☺

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Not going to take the bait. I hope the bronco brings out some new options for wrangler. Should be interesting to watch ☺
Wasn't any bait...just a statement of probability.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My original plan was to take a look at the Bronco in 2021 or 2022. Now I think I'm too invested in the Wrangler no matter what they do.
Yeah, my original plan was to look at Bronco when it was to be revealed in late 2018...then in early 2019...then in late 2019...then in early 2020...

I got tired of waiting and got a JL. Best decision ever!

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Wasn't any bait...just a statement of probability.
Horsepower is WAY less important on the trail. My 3.8 JK has plenty of power in low range.

Horsepower is important when I’m stuck going 55 on a 7% grade and need to pass a semi truck or Prius when a passing lane opens up.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Horsepower is WAY less important on the trail. My 3.8 JK has plenty of power in low range.

Horsepower is important when I’m stuck going 55 on a 7% grade and need to pass a semi truck or Prius when a passing lane opens up.
And we all know with that $hit box 3.8L engine you were stuck behind that Prius the whole way ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.