jnbiser5

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone tried Exposed Racks? Exposed Kayaks.JPG

Got the exposed racks and 3 kayaks (one 10 ft and 2 kids sized kayaks). Transported 600 miles and no issues. I also used the no top system earlier in the week transporting to places to kayak. I'll try to remember to post photo of no top (or soft top) setup with kayaks on as well.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone tried Exposed Racks? Exposed Kayaks.JPG

Got the exposed racks and 3 kayaks (one 10 ft and 2 kids sized kayaks). Transported 600 miles and no issues. I also used the no top system earlier in the week transporting to places to kayak. I'll try to remember to post photo of no top (or soft top) setup with kayaks on as well.
I just ordered mine. You didn't use the weight distribution feet?

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I didn't as that said it was for the Roof Top Tent Racks.
What do you think the total weight of your load is on your picture?. Also, ai noticed you placed the front rack on the freedom panels and assume you didnt notice any issues with this. Ive been told the freedom panels are very weak in terms of carrying weight, but seems like you had 0 issues. Are you happy with the rack? I think the click in system is kinda cool, and the option of having weight distribution feet is awesome as I am planning to install a roof rack on mine.

jnbiser5

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you think the total weight of your load is on your picture?. Also, ai noticed you placed the front rack on the freedom panels and assume you didnt notice any issues with this. Ive been told the freedom panels are very weak in terms of carrying weight, but seems like you had 0 issues. Are you happy with the rack? I think the click in system is kinda cool, and the option of having weight distribution feet is awesome as I am planning to install a roof rack on mine.
Yes, I was worried about the long drive and that I had them on the freedom panels. No issues though. I am considering getting a extra set to distribute as I do have 2 double kayaks that have more weight then what I brought back on this drive.
Only issue I had was the sides on the freedom panels impeded the door just a touch and I was worried about paint chipping. I have my soft top installed now and will be putting putting the racks on tomorrow and weather permitting some kayaks on there on Saturday. I'll show some pics.

jnbiser5

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone tried Exposed Racks? 20C68257-025B-4A09-9883-47660CCCFF44
With the soft top configuration. I had to add some spacers to the one location as the bolt was in the way of the soft top removal. Outside of that no issues.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Love my Exposed Racks! My JL is soft top only so it's always there when I need it. Great for hauling Kayaks! Last week had 3 trips to lumberyard. One with a ton of 2 x 6's, next trip with 4 x 8' paneling, then 16' trim (baseboards/crown) So easy to use. So much better than messing with a trailer.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Love my Exposed Racks! My JL is soft top only so it's always there when I need it. Great for hauling Kayaks! Last week had 3 trips to lumberyard. One with a ton of 2 x 6's, next trip with 4 x 8' paneling, then 16' trim (baseboards/crown) So easy to use. So much better than messing with a trailer.
Awesome, I am still waiting for mine. Can't wait to take my prowler to the coast.

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Got mine but yet to use them. Trying to figure out how to raise the kayak brackets up 5” so I don’t have to lower the top completely and just open the sunrider. Did have to cut all the bolts. Especially the two in the back. They kept catching the bracket on the top when lowering.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone tried Exposed Racks? 01FDFAA9-A9E3-4F57-BBBB-39779D9B6CDA

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone tried Exposed Racks? 20B5185A-2FEA-4BB1-BF6E-9357AC6F72CB

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
I am still waiting for mine... really wanted to take the kayak out this weekend. oh well.
When you get them, DO NOT , use the carriage bolts. They will strip out and you’ll have to cut them. I had to cut all of them and ruined the brackets. They replaced them and sent me hex cap screws. If they haven’t updated the screws, go to the hardware store and but hex caps. Trust me

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
When you get them, DO NOT , use the carriage bolts. They will strip out and you’ll have to cut them. I had to cut all of them and ruined the brackets. They replaced them and sent me hex cap screws. If they haven’t updated the screws, go to the hardware store and but hex caps. Trust me
Pics?
Sponsored