First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Other than Evo ($3K - gulp), is there any diesel-specific kits yet? BTW, I received this from the Accessories Mgr at my local dealer. They are the only actual Jeep dealer in the area that is an official AEV vendor.

"Mopar lift kits won't be out till 3rd quarter of this year and AEV is currently 2-3 months out on the tire carrier and they don't know when they will release the lift kit, sometime by the end of the year. The only difference with the suspension is new coils. The rest of the jeep suspension will be the same. AEV has their kits redesigned but their test vehicle is still stuck at the plant and they will not release the lift kit until they are able to install it and test it out. "

I still can't believe that Mopar squandered their time-to-market head start. You'd never see Apple making that rookie move.
Sponsored

Last edited:

StuartR

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I used the Rough Country 2.5 Lift on mine. No issues and because I had it before I took delivery my dealer even wrote it into the paperwork to be covered by FCA should anything go wrong. Rough Country is a FCA approved parts vendor.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
Other than Evo ($3K - gulp), is there any diesel-specific kits yet? BTW, I received this from the Accessories Mgr at my local dealer. They are the only actual Jeep dealer in the area that is an official AEV vendor.

"Mopar lift kits won't be out till 3rd quarter of this year and AEV is currently 2-3 months out on the tire carrier and they don't know when they will release the lift kit, sometime by the end of the year. The only difference with the suspension is new coils. The rest of the jeep suspension will be the same. AEV has their kits redesigned but their test vehicle is still stuck at the plant and they will not release the lift kit until they are able to install it and test it out. "

I still can't believe that Mopar squandered their time-to-market head start. You'd never see Apple making that rookie move.
I gave up on mopar diesel kit. Went ahead and installed Mopar lift for 3.6 engine. I added 3/4” synergy spacers on front. Absolutely no issues with installation or level.

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I gave up on mopar diesel kit. Went ahead and installed Mopar lift for 3.6 engine. I added 3/4” synergy spacers on front. Absolutely no issues with installation or level.
Did you not need them on the back also? I currently have a 3.5 game change lift sitting in my garage and debating on if I should buy spacers for all four corners to make up for the weight of the diesel.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you not need them on the back also? I currently have a 3.5 game change lift sitting in my garage and debating on if I should buy spacers for all four corners to make up for the weight of the diesel.
No spacers needed for rear. Heavier 3.0L diesel engine is compressing mostly front springs. Keep in mind I used Mopar lift. I am not sure what is needed for other lifts. I think that there were some posts reporting leaning to passenger side with game changer lift.

Sponsored

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
Well, after reading all the posts from today, I guess I have to. I had no idea of the 2021 ordering starting this AM, definitely behind the 8-ball already.
I'm wondering about 4.10 gearing on the JLURD though. I plan on 37s right away and I've tried config a 2020 with diesel and 4.10's but not allowed???
What thread were these posts in? Planning on ordering a 2021 diesel. TIA

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are not late to the party. They only taking non-diesel orders right now. [I'm waiting as well]

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
The diesel comes with 3.73 gears. Several people have put 37's on their diesels and have reported it runs awesome. No issue from what I have seen. I plan on putting a lift on mine and 37s. I am waiting for a specific diesel lift and don't mind waiting. I am leaning toward the AEV 2.5 Sport RT lift.

JL3rubi

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Barracuda, 2020 Road Glide Special
Occupation
Technology Sales
To follow up on the re gear question. Has anyone dropped gears in a diesel running 37's. I'm sure the diesel can roll on the stock 3.73 not problem given the power, but to get it as close to stock as possible you'll need a little more than 4.10. 4.33 isnt an option anymore which would be ideal, and I feel going 4.56 would just be way overkill for regular driving. I'm about to order new ultimate dana 44's and need to make the decision. I had planned on ordering with 4.10, but wanted to see if anyone has gone beyond at this point to get their opinion? I tow a trailer with a pair of touring Harleys. So I'll be up another 2300lbs behind me in full tow.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
thats one of the main reasons why I went with the Mopar Lift with the Diesel. I don’t want any issues with warranty when I bring in for service. A lot of people really underestimate the Mopar Lift kit but reviews show it as a great Lift and oem ride with getting that 2.5 to 3 inch look.
Isn't the diesel much heavier in the front end than the regular gas engine? Did they release a diesel specific lift kit?

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't the diesel much heavier in the front end than the regular gas engine? Did they release a diesel specific lift kit?
Yes. It is and that is the reason you need 3/4" spacers on front springs.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes. Not yet.

Megatron JLU

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 T Diesel
To follow up on the re gear question. Has anyone dropped gears in a diesel running 37's. I'm sure the diesel can roll on the stock 3.73 not problem given the power, but to get it as close to stock as possible you'll need a little more than 4.10. 4.33 isnt an option anymore which would be ideal, and I feel going 4.56 would just be way overkill for regular driving. I'm about to order new ultimate dana 44's and need to make the decision. I had planned on ordering with 4.10, but wanted to see if anyone has gone beyond at this point to get their opinion? I tow a trailer with a pair of touring Harleys. So I'll be up another 2300lbs behind me in full tow.
I re geared to 4:56 going from 37s to 40s. I drove the jeep about a week on 37s and the 4:56 combo. Imo 4:56 is perfect for the 37s. The jeep felt stock with that gear ratio. Acceleration from a dead stop to highway speeds was great. Makes me wish I would have gone 4:88 for the 40s.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I re geared to 4:56 going from 37s to 40s. I drove the jeep about a week on 37s and the 4:56 combo. Imo 4:56 is perfect for the 37s. The jeep felt stock with that gear ratio. Acceleration from a dead stop to highway speeds was great. Makes me wish I would have gone 4:88 for the 40s.
was your fuel economy affected?
Sponsored