Sponsored

Willys From the Lot Pricing - Is This Normal?

Vtechfi

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
Good evening all,

Been lurking for quite a while now and decided to join as we have been considering a Wrangler with my wife. However, since I am a long time German cars guys, I am pretty new to the Jeep environment - would love your feedback on this:

My wife wants a Wrangler Willys 4Dr and we visited Burgeys today in PA. They have the model she wants in “punkin”, which is supposedly a Willys with the “one touch” sky roof, alpine system, and other details. The vehicle MSRP is $45,915. I asked for the vehicle invoice, which is attached below ($44,105).

We were hoping to discuss a $40,000 OTD price. The sales person pretty much said “this is our bottom line price” and we did not continue the conversation any further as he seemed unwilling to even discuss.

Is the price we wanted to pay unrealistic for such a vehicle? Based off of what I read, I do not believe this is, but I might be wrong.

What are your thoughts? As mentioned above, I attached a pic along with the paperwork I received today.

Thanks for your help!

V

20200620_025429765_iOS.PNG

20200620_025516964_iOS.PNG

20200620_025635977_iOS.PNG
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
If that's the rig she wants, take the deal. I'm pretty sure you can't order punk'n color anymore. Otherwise I would find a good dealer that will get you 3%-8% below invoice and get exactly what you/she wants.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If invoice is $44,105 then $40,000 OTD is completely unreasonable. That is $37,168 before taxes and fees. That is 16% below invoice. Times are tough for dealers but without factory money no dealer would make that deal.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You can't compare with taxes and licensing because those vary by state, just vehicle and shipping. If you were buying this 6 months ago this would be a moderate deal. But it is now one year old and the value has dropped. I'd say $40,000 without TTL would be fair but be willing to compromise on what you want. If they won't deal are you willing to take a different color or model at anither dealer to save some money?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You can't compare with taxes and licensing because those vary by state, just vehicle and shipping. If you were buying this 6 months ago this would be a moderate deal. But it is now one year old and the value has dropped. I'd say $40,000 without TTL would be fair but be willing to compromise on what you want. If they won't deal are you willing to take a different color or model at anither dealer to save some money?
He said OTD. That includes TTL. I can calculate tax and fees because they are on the order form he posted.

If he means before TTL that is a different number. But $40,000 before TTL would still be 9.5% below invoice. That is not a moderate deal. A couple of months ago prices would actually be lower because there was more factory support. Now prices are higher. Not lower.

I would recommend getting a price from someone like Criswell on the same build. At least for comparison purposes.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
He said OTD. That includes TTL. I can calculate tax and fees because they are on the order form he posted.

If he means before TTL that is a different number. But $40,000 before TTL would still be 9.5% below invoice. That is not a moderate deal. A couple of months ago prices would actually be lower because there was more factory support. Now prices are higher. Not lower.
I know what he said but TTL doesn't have a place on what a dealer charges especially if he is asking for info from people around the country.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I know what he said but TTL doesn't have a place on what a dealer charges especially if he is asking for info from people around the country.
All the numbers are right there. The price before TTL they offered is $43689. Tax is 6%. Fees are $567. $46,983 OTD. He’s looking for $40,000 OTD. I think that is an unrealistic expectation.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All the numbers are right there. The price before TTL they offered is $43689. Tax is 6%. Fees are $567. $46,983 OTD. He’s looking for $40,000 OTD. I think that is an unrealistic expectation.
With TTL it is unrealistic, that's what I said.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
With TTL it is unrealistic, that's what I said.
Even before TTL that’s over 9% below invoice. That’s not a moderate deal. It’s very aggressive.

People are gonna miss out on getting the Jeep they want because the forums are setting unreasonable expectations.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
We were hoping to discuss a $40,000 OTD price. The sales person pretty much said “this is our bottom line price” and we did not continue the conversation any further as he seemed unwilling to even discuss.

Is the price we wanted to pay unrealistic for such a vehicle?
It is VERY unrealistic. The difference between MSRP and Invoice for that vehicle is very small. If that’s truly the vehicle that you want, asking the dealer to meet you somewhere between invoice and msrp (before TT&L) is not unreasonable. Even $500 below invoice, before TT&L, is still a good deal.

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

That is a gorgeous lookin’ Jeep...Punk’n looks great with the black accents!

If it has the engine/trans you want, and you like the suite of features on it, don’t let it get away...just my opinion...:like:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, last post. Just went through several threads on prices. People get 12% - 14% off MSRP at Peterson, up to 16% off MSRP at Criswell. That would make it $5,100 to $7,100 off MSRP. That's what I based my answer on, actual reports.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ok, last post. Just went through several threads on prices. People get 12% - 14% off MSRP at Peterson, up to 16% off MSRP at Criswell. That would make it $5,100 to $7,100 off MSRP. That's what I based my answer on, actual reports.
You can’t go by % off MSRP. The difference between MSRP and invoice can vary depend on your trim and options. In this case the gap is small. That is why you have to look at % off invoice. And those are not moderate prices. They are the most aggressive deals around and include financing, affiliate discounts, and factory orders. Depending on where you live a 2-3% off invoice on a lot vehicle could be a great price!

I’m not calling you out. I just want to make sure people who come across these threads have balanced information. This dealer is offering below invoice on a very special package and the buyers are feeling like if they don’t get 10% or more off MSRP they are getting swindled. It’s just not true.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Good evening all,

Been lurking for quite a while now and decided to join as we have been considering a Wrangler with my wife. However, since I am a long time German cars guys, I am pretty new to the Jeep environment - would love your feedback on this:

My wife wants a Wrangler Willys 4Dr and we visited Burgeys today in PA. They have the model she wants in “punkin”, which is supposedly a Willys with the “one touch” sky roof, alpine system, and other details. The vehicle MSRP is $45,915. I asked for the vehicle invoice, which is attached below ($44,105).

Is the price we wanted to pay unrealistic for such a vehicle? Based off of what I read, I do not believe this is, but I might be wrong.

What are your thoughts? As mentioned above, I attached a pic along with the paperwork I received today.

Thanks for your help!

V

20200620_025429765_iOS.PNG

20200620_025516964_iOS.PNG

20200620_025635977_iOS.PNG
If you really want to get a little extra off you should check if your company is an affiliate. That can be used to negotiate for an extra 1% off because the factory pays back 2%. You can join Tread Lightly to get an affiliate code too but then you have to wait 30 days to buy.

bburn2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited / 2008 Wrangler Unlimited
I think you could get it for close to 40K..my sister in-law just bought one (last day of May) and got about 6K off sticker...she called from the dealer and they were offering 41 which was about $3500 off sticker. She asked what I thought and I told her to offer 38K since it was the last day of the month...Anway, she got if for just about 39. I am guessing it was about 5-6 off sticker. She is also a COVID "Front Line" worker and that got her some additional $. I would think you could easily swing 41K.
Sponsored