Team Alien Sunshade Has Landed!

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Wanted to try this company, Still shows that the website is coming soon. Ordered a Shadeidea from Amazon and it is very high quality and inexpensive.....had a Spiderwebshade on my JK and it was also great.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Wanted to try this company, Still shows that the website is coming soon. Ordered a Shadeidea from Amazon and it is very high quality and inexpensive.....had a Spiderwebshade on my JK and it was also great.
I've been looking at this on Amazon. How does the front of the shade mount to the windshield area?

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Same T-style bungie loop connectors everyone else has. They mount to the roll bar, not the window.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I loved the one I had for my JKUR, I just got a JLUR and I can't find a price to get one or the colors available. Any help Aliensunshade?

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I bought one of these last year. It's great. IDK what happened to em.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
How do I get a replacement windshield clip for my 6 month old Alien Sunshade? It's like they vanished off the planet.
@cactusflier

Unfortunately, Alien Sunshade went out of business around Nov. 2019. So, you cannot get a replacement clip from them.

Good news is you do not need to use the clips.......

Just free the windshield, lean it forward and have a friend holdthe leaned windshield. NOW, just place the bungee wright around the support itself and then bolt down the windshield again.

Guys/gals often do this as those plastic clips actually go straight over time, when the Summer heat gets to them.

About the Alien bungees.... nothing special about them.. If you need more you can find black bungee's exactly like the one that come with the Alien... find them at eBAY in different sizes and even in different colors. They run about $10 for 6 or so in a bag.

Yes, they still sell Alien Sunshades at Amazon but only til their supply of Alien sunshades is exhausted.

cactusflier

First Name
Taun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULR, 2006 R53
Occupation
Retired American Airlines Airbus Pilot
@cactusflier

Unfortunately, Alien Sunshade went out of business around Nov. 2019. So, you cannot get a replacement clip from them.

Good news is you do not need to use the clips.......

Just free the windshield, lean it forward and have a friend holdthe leaned windshield. NOW, just place the bungee wright around the support itself and then bolt down the windshield again.

Guys/gals often do this as those plastic clips actually go straight over time, when the Summer heat gets to them.

About the Alien bungees.... nothing special about them.. If you need more you can find black bungee's exactly like the one that come with the Alien... find them at eBAY in different sizes and even in different colors. They run about $10 for 6 or so in a bag.

Yes, they still sell Alien Sunshades at Amazon but only til their supply of Alien sunshades is exhausted.
Thanks for the info. Thats exactly what happen to my clip. Stuck it in oven and reformed it, see how long that will last then I'll go your route.