Driver seat lowering bracket?

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Haven’t been on here for a while. Was gonna get the JL a couple years ago but I just couldn’t pull the trigger. I’m 6’5” with a long torso so I had to bring the seat forward to not hit my head on the frame. But was still too close to the roof. About an inch of space. (If I hit a bump I’d probably give myself a concussion lol) so short story long: has anyone seen any seat mounting brackets to lower the driver seat yet? I don’t need it to move back. I need about an inch and a half more head room.
Sponsored

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd
Haven't seen any lower brackets yet unfortunately. The holdup is that there is no elevation/bracket on the front right bolt location - the seat rail bolts directly to the floor/side if the transmission tunnel. Directly behind this is a wring harness that is a snug fit with the stock bracket location.
JL JT Driver Seat Bracket lowering roadblocks..jpg

Hopefully someone comes up with a clever way to overcome this.

Last edited:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Haven’t been on here for a while. Was gonna get the JL a couple years ago but I just couldn’t pull the trigger. I’m 6’5” with a long torso so I had to bring the seat forward to not hit my head on the frame. But was still too close to the roof. About an inch of space. (If I hit a bump I’d probably give myself a concussion lol) so short story long: has anyone seen any seat mounting brackets to lower the driver seat yet? I don’t need it to move back. I need about an inch and a half more head room.
I can empathize...6'3" here with long torso and would like the seat about 2" lower. My head is next to the roll bar and I stare at the top edge of windshield if I sit up straight. I tried having 1" of padding taken out of the seat. It helped for a few months and then I started feeling seat support beams while driving and added the padding back.

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Odd, I'm 6' 3 1/2" and I have enough room with the stock set up. The seat goes just far enough back and I can have the seat back just far enough back I can still easily reach all the controls. I have about 1" of head clearance so I just fit. I had to build seat mount extensions on my 98 TJ to get the seat far enough back to be comfortable.

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Odd, I'm 6' 3 1/2" and I have enough room with the stock set up. The seat goes just far enough back and I can have the seat back just far enough back I can still easily reach all the controls. I have about 1" of head clearance so I just fit. I had to build seat mount extensions on my 98 TJ to get the seat far enough back to be comfortable.
Height doesn't actually tend to be the defining factor usually. Short legs or long torso is what matters. Way back in the day, my friend, who is 6'3", fit better inside my Honda S2000CR than me, who is 5'11". He had longer legs and a shorter torso than average, whereas I have shorter legs and a longer torso than average. He actually had more headroom in that car than I did, despite being 4 inches taller than me.

I'm shorter than you all but from the butt-up I am actually comfortably situated in the Jeep, although my legs are a bit of a stretch. I require the MORE dead pedal to be on its "closest" setting for myself to be able to make proper contact with it. With the MORE dead pedal in the middle, my toe barely makes contact. You may be like my friend, with a shorter torso and longer legs, thereby leaving you comfortably situated as far as seating height goes.

I hate having short legs.

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yup, I think the only solution would be a different seat altogether. I know PRP had made some custom brackets with their seat but they wont sell the brackets due to legalities with air bags and such... I am 6'1 with long legs and torso and I barely fit, would be great to move the seat down another inch or two.

x2p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Sorry to revive an old thread but wanted to see if there was any traction. I've been set on a 2020 Rubi but being 6'4 with a 39" torso, my head hits the sports bar too.

Sponsored

jlrusoin

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads