M.O.R.E. Dead pedal

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just installed it. I think I am going to love it, but WOW what a pain to install. I chose the middle space and it was full on sweating and pretzeling my body under the dash to get it in and tightened.

Also for everyone’s information they got rid of the laser etched “M.O.R.E.” and replaced it with a sticker (which I peeled off before it got grimy and came off anyway). I spoke to them and they said it was a cost issue which I respect. I tried to order one off a third party website that showed it as etched but, sure enough, it was unfortunately the “new” one with a sticker.
Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I have a MORE (with the engraving) they probably saw that "Chinese copies" are on sale much cheaper and I hope they will also lower their price. I admit that if I had seen before my purchase that "chinese brands" were cheaper, I would not have hesitated, it's still a piece of metal just to pose its feet.

To install it, I managed to block the piece (the one with the two screws) with a piece of cardboard, so it couldn't fall down. :like:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thats why I liked the Seven Sparta brand one I got for my JL: https://www.myjlproject.com/blog/seven-sparta-dead-pedal-install/

It has 3m tape to hold the bracket in place while you start the screws. Saved my ass because boy was a PITA to get that int here and would have been if it fell back lol.
Strangely that was not the issue for me...it was more just ratcheting it down and getting the tools in there and contorting my body to get the right leverage...

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
ya. Thats a pita because the jeep is like a tub. So that raised part hurts your back and sides LOL. its not like other vehicles that's more flat and you can lay sort of.
Sponsored