First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Nice work everyone. I no longer have my JL but check in here from time to time.. Glad to see everyone taking my write-up and kicking it up a notch. It is a lengthy process and can be overwhelming. Once you kinda grab the concept of how it should go its smooths ailing.
Sponsored

JeepNewb9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
I have all 5 of the power latches from mopar that I would be willing to sell for cheap if anyone Needs them. I was gonna do the swap, but have a second vehicle for my daily now!

EricB

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hey Newb9
I just purchased my first JL, 2018 thought I’d be ok without the auto locks, not the case, it’s a pain in the butt. I was about to buy all the latches, good thing I read all the way to the end. If they’re still available let me know, I’m sure we can work something out

JeepNewb9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Sh
Hey Newb9
I just purchased my first JL, 2018 thought I’d be ok without the auto locks, not the case, it’s a pain in the butt. I was about to buy all the latches, good thing I read all the way to the end. If they’re still available let me know, I’m sure we can work something out
Shoot me a PM

Sponsored

Riley__welch

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO / Hermosa Beach, CA / Lexington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Riley__welch

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO / Hermosa Beach, CA / Lexington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Does anyone have any pictures of what the quick disconnect they used looks like to retain the ability to take their doors off?

Also, has anyone incorporated remote start into their car while doing this upgrade as well or is that much more difficult / expensive / not possible?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

stevenbro09

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ and 2018 JL unlimited
Does anyone have any pictures of what the quick disconnect they used looks like to retain the ability to take their doors off?

Also, has anyone incorporated remote start into their car while doing this upgrade as well or is that much more difficult / expensive / not possible?

Thanks for the help.
Screenshot_20200703-161244_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

911JL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Granite, V6
I just installed the wire connections into the stock disconnect plugs... if you're interested but you can't see my posts earlier in the thread, PM me.

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Toyota
Anyone know of shops in western washington that do the power lock conversion and how much they charge?

Alexlife10

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
This guide is awesome man thank you! I own a 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport and had the conversion done from manual to power windows and locks. Everything worked great, so I wanted to get the OEM Power Lock Switches install on both front doors but my local shop told me that's not possible that I need to get Universal Power Lock switches because the OEM are not compatible with Viper alarm systems. Any one has some input on this? Is it possible for this to be done with OEM power lock switches?

OEM Power Lock Switch
Right - 6AC64DX9AC
Left - 6AC61DX9AC

Last edited:

AgentRice

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fire Fighter Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
This guide is awesome man thank you! I own a 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport and had the conversion done from manual to power windows and locks. Everything worked great, so I wanted to get the OEM Power Lock Switches install on both front doors but my local shop told me that's not possible that I need to get Universal Power Lock switches because the OEM are not compatible with Viper alarm systems. Any one has some input on this? Is it possible for this to be done with OEM power lock switches?

OEM Power Lock Switch
Right - 6AC64DX9AC
Left - 6AC61DX9AC
you can you just have to tweak the wiring harness that plugs into the stock door lock mechanism which is described... i'll reqoute that post

AgentRice

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fire Fighter Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. So you received the Jumper wire. Basically you are going to use it for parts. What you do is FLIP up this little FLAP. It will expose the PINS and with a small screwdriver push down and pull out the WIRE. So basically you are removing the wires.
Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport Screenshot_20200703-161244_Chrome

Then once you have the wires out you are going to open up the flap on the harness that's on the doors and place those wires pins in PIN 5 for Unlock and 6 for Lock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Power Door Locks to my JL Sport Screenshot_20200703-161244_Chrome
Did you use 4 low prior to the kit being installed? They can be really stiff the first few times they're used. A suspension lift in most applications, including a JL, does not change the relationship of the shifter to the transfer case.

this post...
Sponsored