Sponsored

2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed?

CrashBurn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
I don't think for a second that it's the truck. More likely the JL hinting/leaking that it will indeed have a removable top.
I second that. Every one pictured there is just a refreshed model. The pickup is going to be held close to the vest and I think they'll give it visual separation from the standard Wrangler.
Sponsored

JLtherig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU (future)
I really hate the title of this thread. Every time I glance at the trending thread topic headline it messes with my head for .05 seconds.

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Looks like the headlights cut slightly into the outer grille slats like on the CJ Wrangler. Me likey!

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
I second that. Every one pictured there is just a refreshed model. The pickup is going to be held close to the vest and I think they'll give it visual separation from the standard Wrangler.
I hope so. Would be boring if the pickup was just a standard Wrangler with a flatbed attached. Since it has a different chassis code (JT) hopefully that means it can stand on its own in terms of styling and features?

jb1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ Wrangler
I hope so. Would be boring if the pickup was just a standard Wrangler with a flatbed attached. Since it has a different chassis code (JT) hopefully that means it can stand on its own in terms of styling and features?
Well they have been calling it the WRANGLER pickup so I think it'll be pretty close if not identical to the Wrangler at least the front end. I would expect everything after the A pillar and to be pretty unique given it's a truck and not an SUV.

Sponsored

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
My guess is it'll be the same basic carry over design kind of like the relationship between the Renegade and the Jeep Comanche concept.

2015-jeep-renegade-desert_1600x0w.jpg

renegade-comanche.jpg

2015-jeep-renegade-desert_1600x0w.jpg

renegade-comanche.jpg

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The truck bed on that abortion looks like it was designed for the JT. Doesn't fit this at all.

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
If the bed on the JT is that ill fitted and out of place looking it will be doomed. Jeep will need to do better than that and I trust they will.

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Went back to looking at the preview image versus the JK and its clear the headlights will be bigger. And they also look oblong instead of the current round lights?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed? {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler Images Revealed At Dealer Event! JT Pickup Previewed? {filename}

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Went back to looking at the preview image versus the JK and its clear the headlights will be bigger. And they also look oblong instead of the current round lights?

Bigger maybe, but not oval.

Spy pics show they're still circular.

Sponsored

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
I keep thinking about these leaked pictures and something is not right. The Jeep we see in the pictures looks too much like a JK. We don't see the sloping hood/grille that is now apparent on the newer spy shots. The rear wheel is that of a JK Rubicon. Spy shots showed the new Rubi testing with completely new and different wheels. I'm thinking this is just a photoshopped mockup of whats to come. Side note: the Grand Wagoneer in the same leak looks like a dated Jeep design that resembles the 2011 Grand Cherokee, rather than the newer designs.

Last edited:

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Good eye! I also think it's just a mockup representation for that presentation's purposes.

The headlights also don't cut into the outer grilles like the leaked JL grille

Sponsored