Sponsored

Bestop Trektop Ultra for JL - now available for Pre-Order!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop i received a call two days ago to complete the order cause they had my top ready to ship. I called back that day and have called consistently every day since a few times per day. I got a hold of Sawyer I believe it was this morning. He put me on hold only to hang up on me not call back and now no body is answering again for several hours. Not sure what’s going on over there but this is frustrating on top of an already extreme delay.
I'm sorry about that. If you're still trying to get a hold of someone, please PM me your contact info and I'll have someone reach back out to you.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

steele55lp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bestop I’m a bit bummed. I had a Trek Top Ultra preordered for over a month or so (delivery delayed) and my use of the Jeep changed in the interim due to an upcoming move.

I called customer service and asked to switch the top to the ultra (give me more space in the back) and was told there is no “switching” of orders, cancelled it and I’d lose the $75 pre order and would have to go on the wait list fo the other top which is the same price.

$75 penalty for cancelling an order where you lose profit makes sense:. But not switching an order to another similarly priced product and making the customer eat $75 makes no sense, especially for a $2000 top and repeat customer (former glide owner JK).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey Bestop I’m a bit bummed. I had a Trek Top Ultra preordered for over a month or so (delivery delayed) and my use of the Jeep changed in the interim due to an upcoming move.

I called customer service and asked to switch the top to the ultra (give me more space in the back) and was told there is no “switching” of orders, cancelled it and I’d lose the $75 pre order and would have to go on the wait list fo the other top which is the same price.

$75 penalty for cancelling an order where you lose profit makes sense:. But not switching an order to another similarly priced product and making the customer eat $75 makes no sense, especially for a $2000 top and repeat customer (former glide owner JK).
Hey @TJP
Please send me a PM with your contact info and this summary of your interaction and I'll see what I can do for you. I can't speak for our CS department but I see your logic.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

JMon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude (arriving soon)
I just put in my pre-order for the trektop ultra in anticipation for my 2021 factory order that I'm sure won't arrive until late August or September. I'll hopefully squeeze out a little bit of use of it before I move back to the hardtop for the winter.

Quick question though... is it possible to use the sun rider position while removing the back panels? I'm just curious if this position would allow you to see out of the back of the Jeep better than having the lower position. If it is possible, I would love to see a picture of this 'mode' if anyone has a chance to post one.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I just put in my pre-order for the trektop ultra in anticipation for my 2021 factory order that I'm sure won't arrive until late August or September. I'll hopefully squeeze out a little bit of use of it before I move back to the hardtop for the winter.

Quick question though... is it possible to use the sun rider position while removing the back panels? I'm just curious if this position would allow you to see out of the back of the Jeep better than having the lower position. If it is possible, I would love to see a picture of this 'mode' if anyone has a chance to post one.
Yes, you sure can. Here's a photo of the Supertop Ultra in that configuration. I don't believe I have a shot of the Trektop Ultra in that configuration but it's pretty darn similar.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Trektop Ultra for JL - now available for Pre-Order! 2020-bestop-bajashoot-highres-313-600x400-bf06395

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase