Clutch recall W 12

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Does anybody really understand well what type of inspection the dealer does in regards to the clutch W 12 recall ? I was told that some type of clutch hose is inspected but how can they determine the status of the pressure plates?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
OK I searched some more and found this article about the hose clip inspection but I still do not understand how they can
This thread explains all that and then some. It’s a bit of a read but some good info inside.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uals-overheating-clutch-pressure-plate.47887/
thanks, I did read it only maybe too late otherwise I would have asked more questions , anyways now it is important whether FCA will prolong the clutch warranty

Friedrice

First Name
Joe dirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport
Occupation
Oil bizzness
Does anybody really understand well what type of inspection the dealer does in regards to the clutch W 12 recall ? I was told that some type of clutch hose is inspected but how can they determine the status of the pressure plates?
My dealer /service manager told me to self test, that’s put it into 4th gear and side step/dump the clutch...! if it stalls out instantly you’re good to go.... if it still runs & drives forward you need the clutch & pressure plate which BTW is not available
Sponsored