Hard Top Squeaks and Whistles on my 2020 JLRU

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hey guys. My hard top seems to squeak more since I have been taking it off/on a lot. It seemed very quite initially when I purchased my JLRU last August. I use a silicone spray and lubricate all of the seals and contact points each time I reinstall it. I almost feel like the silicone spray may be making it worse. Any suggestions??? Also, my hard top seems to "whistle" at speeds around 70-80+ mph. Any suggestions other than just drive below 70 mph??? Thanks!
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey guys. My hard top seems to squeak more since I have been taking it off/on a lot. It seemed very quite initially when I purchased my JLRU last August. I use a silicone spray and lubricate all of the seals and contact points each time I reinstall it. I almost feel like the silicone spray may be making it worse. Any suggestions??? Also, my hard top seems to "whistle" at speeds around 70-80+ mph. Any suggestions other than just drive below 70 mph??? Thanks!
Hi @HealthRebel
I certainly understand the frustration this may be causing you. If you are unable to remedy this noise on your own, I recommend bringing your Jeep into your dealer for application assistance. Of course, let us know if you have any future questions by kindly sending us a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares