Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any experience with installing these? I am not super mechanical, but saw these and ordered....now that I have them, wanted to see if any had had luck installing......should i have a installer do it, or is it a pretty simple DIY?

Side Blinker Vent.jpg
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How much were they? I made my own by installing 2 amber led strips in each one. You need to pull off your fender flares to get to the vent and wiring. You can just remove the !iner but that requires replacing a bunch of rivets which is a pain. I removed the liner screws and pulled the flare part way off. Broke one clip ($0.75) then you can pop the fender vent and I assume the new ones will go right in.
The wiring harnass is right there and I assume the product instructions will tell you to connect there. Look in the electrical wiring diagram I think they are in the Electrical thread stickies for the parking light wire to attach to. Depends on if you have halogen or premium led headlights and which side for the wire color. Make sure to use quick connect fitting so if a mechanic removes the flare for access to somethung he doesn't rip all the wiring out.
Let me know if you need more detail.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
How much were they? I made my own by installing 2 amber led strips in each one. You need to pull off your fender flares to get to the vent and wiring. You can just remove the !iner but that requires replacing a bunch of rivets which is a pain. I removed the liner screws and pulled the flare part way off. Broke one clip ($0.75) then you can pop the fender vent and I assume the new ones will go right in.
The wiring harnass is right there and I assume the product instructions will tell you to connect there. Look in the electrical wiring diagram I think they are in the Electrical thread stickies for the parking light wire to attach to. Depends on if you have halogen or premium led headlights and which side for the wire color. Make sure to use quick connect fitting so if a mechanic removes the flare for access to somethung he doesn't rip all the wiring out.
Let me know if you need more detail.
The white wire with the green tracer stripe is the turn signal indicator if anyone is interested. I just installed the Oracle Sidetracker light units. You're right, those push pins are a pain but after the first side install I realized you don't have to take all of them out! Fortunately Amazon sells bulk and assortment boxes so I have plenty (mostly for my 3 ATVs). It's amazing today that cars are assembled with snap clips and plastic pop rivets! At least no rust on those parts!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Anyone have any experience with installing these? I am not super mechanical, but saw these and ordered....now that I have them, wanted to see if any had had luck installing......should i have a installer do it, or is it a pretty simple DIY?

Jeep Wrangler JL Installing Lighted Side Vents? Side Blinker Vent
Do you have a link for these?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Might be in the market to sell to a fellow Jeeper as it is sounding a bit more complicated ot install than my novice abilities!!!!
Do you have a link for these?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

Jeep Wrangler JL Installing Lighted Side Vents? Side Blinker Vent
Where did you buy those? Link?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since they don't have the vent holes like the OEM vent they are a brighter light but $119, wow.

Sponsored

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
The white wire with the green tracer stripe is the turn signal indicator if anyone is interested. I just installed the Oracle Sidetracker light units. You're right, those push pins are a pain but after the first side install I realized you don't have to take all of them out! Fortunately Amazon sells bulk and assortment boxes so I have plenty (mostly for my 3 ATVs). It's amazing today that cars are assembled with snap clips and plastic pop rivets! At least no rust on those parts!
Which wire did you connect to the white/green, what about the second wire?

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
Which wire did you connect to the white/green, what about the second wire?
I figured it out with help from Sting. Here are the pictures.

Note the left and right sides have different color wires. Green/white on driver on my 2020 brown/white on the passenger.

20200824_164046.jpg

20200824_164331.jpg

20200824_180751.jpg

20200824_180840.jpg

20200824_164803.jpg

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I really like the Oracle light as it has a puddle light also. You would think for the price that they would include a handful of the plastic rivets. Heck, for the plastic stick on led light that it is it should install itself with the press of a button.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Is the wht/grn wire just for turn lights or both parking and turn?
Sponsored