In jlu toolbox?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone have a toolbox they use that fits nicely somewhere in the JLU that does NOT rattle or shift around?

Not looking for an entire drawer setup. Prefer something simple where all wrenches and torques can go, etc.

Photos appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Any have a toolbox they use that fits nicely somewhere in the JLU that does rattle or shift around?

Not lookig for an entire drawer setup. Prefer something simple where all wrenches and torques can go, etc.

Photos appreciated!
I have not put together a a complete toolkit for my JLURD, but I am thinking about a tool roll like I carry on my Harley.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Atlas 46 KOH tool roll bag. Made in USA. Impossible for it to rattle. I stick it under the rear seats. It holds a TON of tools: all my wrenches, all sizes of sockets up to 32mm, 2 lb sledge, the list goes on...

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Okay, I have you covered here. I tried many different things trying to find and efficient way to carry tools that did not take up a lot of space, but still carried the tools that I wanted. Have to go out and take some pics for you. I am doing this because I wish someone would have done this for me before I bought two different tool boxes, and five individual tool bags before I found my solution. So I will be back after I save the world by finishing my morning coffee and get the Jeep out. Have to pack it up anyways for a trip this weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Okay, I have you covered here. I tried many different things trying to find and efficient way to carry tools that did not take up a lot of space, but still carried the tools that I wanted. Have to go out and take some pics for you. I am doing this because I wish someone would have done this for me before I bought two different tool boxes, and five individual tool bags before I found my solution. So I will be back after I save the world by finishing my morning coffee and get the Jeep out. Have to pack it up anyways for a trip this weekend.
LOL love it! You feel my confusion!!!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Okay, so fuck the mosquitoes. Thought better do it while it is still cool out this morning. Think I lost about a pint of blood, but hey what ever. So this is the tool bag that I use.

tool bag from Amazon

I have been using this for about a year now and it is holding up well. It has been on approximately 20 wheeling adventures and is used when ever I work on my Jeep or any of my friends Jeep. There is all the tools you need to do just about anything, minus a torque wrench. On the trail. Tight will have to work until we get off the trail.

This is the bag full and closed. There is more room in it.
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591960575804

Working from left to right. The big pocket holds wrenches and the second from the left holds pliers.
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591960665729

As you can see there is still room left over and I have wrenches from tiny to 24 MM and some common SAE wrenches.

Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591960746778

Pliers.....why well you never know when your multi tool is going to break or you lose that sum bitch.
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591960827412

1/2 inch impact Deep wells sockets, extensions, and related stuff. 8mm to 24 mm
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591960932219

And like the others, still room for more... if needed
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591960989194

Then the sockets and stuff that may not need an cordless impact gun.
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591961044716

That pocket is pretty full
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591961074800

Then the last pocket is screwdrivers, and such....
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591961127770

Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591961145259

So this is how it is transported in my Jeep.
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591961185873

This is how I access my tools.
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591961220535

The bag is easy to carry. I often carry it to work on other people Jeeps, why because people go wheeling with out looking over their Jeep before they leave because working on Jeeps on the edge of the trail is way cooler than in a garage.
Jeep Wrangler JL In jlu toolbox? 1591961365658

The bag has held up well to all of the use it has gotten. If I fuck this bag up, I will pony up and spend another $22 dollars for another one. As far as tools go. This bag has been worth every penny.

I do have one other bag that holds my cordless 1/2" impact gun and / impact driver with a driver bit kit. That bag fits under the rear passenger seat.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Okay, so fuck the mosquitoes. Thought better do it while it is still cool out this morning. Think I lost about a pint of blood, but hey what ever. So this is the tool bag that I use.

tool bag from Amazon

I have been using this for about a year now and it is holding up well. It has been on approximately 20 wheeling adventures and is used when ever I work on my Jeep or any of my friends Jeep. There is all the tools you need to do just about anything, minus a torque wrench. On the trail. Tight will have to work until we get off the trail.

Working from left to right. The big pocket holds wrenches and the second from the left holds pliers.

As you can see there is still room left over and I have wrenches from tiny to 24 MM and some common SAE wrenches.

Pliers.....why well you never know when your multi tool is going to break or you lose that sum bitch.

1/2 inch impact Deep wells sockets, extensions, and related stuff. 8mm to 24 mm

And like the others, still room for more... if needed

Then the sockets and stuff that may not need an cordless impact gun.

That pocket is pretty full

Then the last pocket is screwdrivers, and such....

So this is how it is transported in my Jeep.

This is how I access my tools.

The bag is easy to carry. I often carry it to work on other people Jeeps, why because people go wheeling with out looking over their Jeep before they leave because working on Jeeps on the edge of the trail is way cooler than in a garage.

The bag has held up well to all of the use it has gotten. If I fuck this bag up, I will pony up and spend another $22 dollars for another one. As far as tools go. This bag has been worth every penny.

I do have one other bag that holds my cordless 1/2" impact gun and / impact driver with a driver bit kit. That bag fits under the rear passenger seat.
OMG! youre the best! amazing detail

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, just bring a hammer, a tape, and some lubes. Everything can be convinced with this combo.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado

tool bag from Amazon

Very nice! I like the Blue Ridge Overland bag but this is a great substitute for a fraction of the price.

https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/products/tool-bag

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
As a serious off-roading newb, I'm curious reading these threads and seeing some complete tool kits.
What are things that commonly break that can be fixed on site? I mean without going into town for replacement parts in which case you could conceivably pick up tools then if you're near home.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
As a serious off-roading newb, I'm curious reading these threads and seeing some complete tool kits.
What are things that commonly break that can be fixed on site? I mean without going into town for replacement parts in which case you could conceivably pick up tools then if you're near home.
Sometimes things come loose and just need to be tightened. Nothing like being 60 miles from anything and have a loose shock bolt or track bar bolt and then mot be able to tighten it.

One time we were up off roading on Drummond Island and the alignment shop did not tighten up the top shock bolt and the bolt fell out and was gone. We were able to take the shock off instead of it flopping around and beating the crap out of everything under the hood. Then when we got to a place that sold bolts, we were able to reinstall the shock.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Many issues. I had to pull an axle shaft out of the front of a TJ cause his locker wouldn’t disengage to drive home...
Sponsored