Rubicoug's Recon Audio build...

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
What tools are you using to tune the dsp?
Set gains with an O-scope
Audio Control RTA that I just bought
TUN software in my Mac For the DSP

Still have a long way to go. It sounds good but I can tell it needs better EQ.

Set gains on subs first since I am running 1500w into two 10s. Now that those are good, I will start with midrange and try to get the widest response so that the voices sound as detailed and clear as possible, then try to dial in mid-bass, then tweeters. I think the bass will have to be attenuated based on what I am hearing so far - my mid-bass, mids and highs are getting a combined 210w each side, my subs 1500w. Learning a lot. Much to my wife’s dismay, this will take a while. She thinks I’m nuts sitting in the Jeep listening to Test tones with a PC on my lap. Then I have to do it again for top on, freedom too off, doors off, etc. I was 100% Willing to pay someone to do it.

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Set gains with an O-scope
Audio Control RTA that I just bought
TUN software in my Mac For the DSP

Still have a long way to go. It sounds good but I can tell it needs better EQ.

Set gains on subs first since I am running 1500w into two 10s. Now that those are good, I will start with midrange and try to get the widest response so that the voices sound as detailed and clear as possible, then try to dial in mid-bass, then tweeters. I think the bass will have to be attenuated based on what I am hearing so far - my mid-bass, mids and highs are getting a combined 210w each side, my subs 1500w. Learning a lot. Much to my wife’s dismay, this will take a while. She thinks I’m nuts sitting in the Jeep listening to Test tones with a PC on my lap. Then I have to do it again for top on, freedom too off, doors off, etc. I was 100% Willing to pay someone to do it.
i was going to recommend the audiocontrol eta.

you are 10x farther than most installers. Just keep tuning a little here and a little there. Finding anyone better nearby might not be possible.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Jeep build will have plenty of Baja Designs lighting... I picked up some red Baja rock lights, but since I am waiting a bit on the lift, I figured I would put them to use.

Note to self: Baja rock lights are overly bright for some basic footwell lights. But, they are still awesome.

04EE061C-C278-4EF2-AD76-731ABB8629B8.jpeg

1A0D59A2-76C1-4696-B201-7166DECE6920.jpeg

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicoug's Recon Audio build... 1A0D59A2-76C1-4696-B201-7166DECE6920

[/QUOTE]

Is each layer cut then glued (can't think of another way but had to ask)? Did you use a CNC and if so can I have the files?

Only made very basic boxes in the past but after seeing yours, really want to try this but have almost no idea where to start because of the shape and difference in depth.

Thanks,

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is each layer cut then glued (can't think of another way but had to ask)? Did you use a CNC and if so can I have the files?

Only made very basic boxes in the past but after seeing yours, really want to try this but have almost no idea where to start because of the shape and difference in depth.

Thanks,
[/QUOTE]

Started with a full circle template started taking measurements. Did not use a CNC - just a router table.

You overbuild the stacks and just start trimming. Because you end up bonding everything with fiberglass, you don't need to be perfect. you can fill with bondo and sand to clean up any rough edges.

The stacks are glued and stapled/nailed together. You can brush a coat of fiberglass on the inside to bond it all together

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I've seen the same done with styrofoam as well, then covered in glass.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
Update 2....

Speakers will be Focal Flax Evo separates in the dash using the Metra pods. Soundbar is the coaxial version of the Evo’s.

Everything will run active via the Rockford Fosgate DSR1/Maestro interface and dsp.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicoug's Recon Audio build... 1A0D59A2-76C1-4696-B201-7166DECE6920

Where did you put the DSR1, if you don't mind me asking, I did almost the same Focals front with the 4.5 in SB
Sponsored