McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Will be getting the Old Man Emu 2.5-3.5 Inch Heavy Duty Lift kit installed in a few weeks. Since my JL is a Sahara, I will probably net at least 3.2 Inches of lift.
Thinking of going with 285/75R17 KO2s which will measure out to approximately 33.9 inches in diameter.
Still thinking if these tires are too small, perhaps going up to 35s.

Anybody have any reference pics especially for the JL? Much appreciated!
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Will be getting the Old Man Emu 2.5-3.5 Inch Heavy Duty Lift kit installed in a few weeks. Since my JL is a Sahara, I will probably net at least 3.2 Inches of lift.
Thinking of going with 285/75R17 KO2s which will measure out to approximately 33.9 inches in diameter.

I'd go with 35's, if it was mine.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

If it was me , I’d go minimum 35s, cause I’ve never heard anyone say “damn it...... I wish I’d gone with a smaller tire” ........:giggle:....... seriously though... from what I’ve read about that lift, unless your gonna be packing some serious weight, you’ll be closer to 3.5” of lift. I’m on 37s with 3.5” to give you some idea......this is before I chopped my fenders , I could carry an extra tool box under the fenders now, lol.
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.5 Inch lift with 33/34-inch tires? 8E7AE501-9365-446E-ACD1-5DA620153D10

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

The rubicon is what the lift heights are set off of. With your sahara, you’ll be more in the range of 3.5-3.75 to 4.5-4.75” of lift. Reason being, the rubicon is approx 1-1.25” taller than the sports, sahara etc. Heres a Jeep we did a 2.5” lift with 315s on. It’s a rubicon so the front fenders are a little taller

Brett

9E055AEF-3834-4D96-80D4-1CAD09C2C1B4.jpeg

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all for your response.

The other reason I was thinking 33/34s is because if I go 35s, I feel like I'll have to regear. is regearing for 35s at 3.45 ratios necessary?

Sponsored

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover

I definitely think 35s will look better, particularly with BFG tires which are always a little on the small side. ( not knocking them I’m a big fan) 35s on the non rubicon fenders and 2-3 of lift looks really good!
The OME Springs are great but what load rating did you go for On the rear 3137, 3138 or 3139
I went with the lowest rate rear option on my 2dr Rubicon(3136) and got just under 3”. Unless you carry a lot of weight or do a considerable amount of towing I’d be wary of the heaviest rate options. Good luck:)

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for your response.

The other reason I was thinking 33/34s is because if I go 35s, I feel like I'll have to regear. is regearing for 35s at 3.45 ratios necessary?
I ran both 35/1250R17 BFG KM2s and 285/75R17 Nitto trail grapplers on my 2012 JK. They looked the same and on measuring them to set the AEV procal they were the same...... But BFG in both sizes will obviously have a difference.
Are you in a club where you could borrow a set of 35s for an hour or 2 and try them? Expensive error if 35 wont work for your requirement.

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely think 35s will look better, particularly with BFG tires which are always a little on the small side. ( not knocking them I’m a big fan) 35s on the non rubicon fenders and 2-3 of lift looks really good!
The OME Springs are great but what load rating did you go for On the rear 3137, 3138 or 3139
I went with the lowest rate rear option on my 2dr Rubicon(3136) and got just under 3”. Unless you carry a lot of weight or do a considerable amount of towing I’d be wary of the heaviest rate options. Good luck:)
I selected the Heavy duty springs 3138 because it was part of the package. I did not know we were allowed to swap. Did you just ask your dealer to swap? I currently have a 200lb additional static load on the rear and 270lb on the front bumper.

How much was your front raised by and which coil did you use? They gave me the 3135.

Thank you!

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I ran both 35/1250R17 BFG KM2s and 285/75R17 Nitto trail grapplers on my 2012 JK. They looked the same and on measuring them to set the AEV procal they were the same...... But BFG in both sizes will obviously have a difference.
Are you in a club where you could borrow a set of 35s for an hour or 2 and try them? Expensive error if 35 wont work for your requirement.
Unfortunately no sir I'm not apart of any club. I'll also feel terrible asking to borrow somebody else's wheels due to the lockdown.

I have pretty much decided on general grabber AT X 35x12x17 right now. They seem to be nicest looking and one of the most affordable option. Based on the feedback I've seen on several sites, this lift will net me more than 3.5 inches front and rear so I'll likely have to go with 35s just so I don't look strange rolling down the road.

Almost forgot about the ProCal too. I'll be looking into that next. :)

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately no sir I'm not apart of any club. I'll also feel terrible asking to borrow somebody else's wheels due to the lockdown.

I have pretty much decided on general grabber AT X 35x12x17 right now. They seem to be nicest looking and one of the most affordable option. Based on the feedback I've seen on several sites, this lift will net me more than 3.5 inches front and rear so I'll likely have to go with 35s just so I don't look strange rolling down the road.

Yeah, Covid 19.......fair point!
I think a quality 35” tyre will be a great cho

I think a quality 35” tyre will be a great choice
I bought mine direct from the UK importer who is only 3 miles away and I have a trade account.
I enjoy playing with suspension so was trying out a set of rear springs. Because I’m RHD I have a bit of a mix of Mopar lift, Synergy, Teraflex and now OME. lol. I've used OME on my LR for ever.....
As much as I like AEV stuff, for the JL I think the Mini Tazer is a way better but more expensive unit.
I'll pm you a link to a European OME dealer catalog, it has all the kits listed with part numbers, options etc. Theres also a table of every spring shock etc they make so you can see spring rates, free length, shock lengths etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I think a quality 35” tyre will be a great cho

I think a quality 35” tyre will be a great choice
I bought mine direct from the UK importer who is only 3 miles away and I have a trade account.
I enjoy playing with suspension so was trying out a set of rear springs. Because I’m RHD I have a bit of a mix of Mopar lift, Synergy, Teraflex and now OME. lol. I've used OME on my LR for ever.....
As much as I like AEV stuff, for the JL I think the Mini Tazer is a way better but more expensive unit.
I'll pm you a link to a European OME dealer catalog, it has all the kits listed with part numbers, options etc. Theres also a table of every spring shock etc they make so you can see spring rates, free length, shock lengths etc.
Wow thank you sir! Yes I would definitely like to have a look at that list. I love how helpful everyone has been on this forum. Have a great day sir.

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering if anyone have any more pictures of the ARB lift preferably on sahara/sport

raplav849

First Name
raphael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jlur 2021
If it was me , I’d go minimum 35s, cause I’ve never heard anyone say “damn it...... I wish I’d gone with a smaller tire” ........:giggle:....... seriously though... from what I’ve read about that lift, unless your gonna be packing some serious weight, you’ll be closer to 3.5” of lift. I’m on 37s with 3.5” to give you some idea......this is before I chopped my fenders , I could carry an extra tool box under the fenders now, lol.
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.5 Inch lift with 33/34-inch tires? 9E055AEF-3834-4D96-80D4-1CAD09C2C1B4
37 inch tire on 3.5 lift here?

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
You can go either way, I already had 285/70/17 KO2s on when I installed my rancho 2.5/3.5 lift. The lift will be 3.5 for you since you’d be coming from a Sahara height. In my opinion the 33 and lift looks fine with a sport or Sahara fender. The taller rubicon fenders definitely need a 35. That all being said, I plan to get something closer to 35 when these need replacing.
9D10C7F6-8886-47CC-9C80-0B1BD3969777.jpeg
Here is mine on the rancho 3.5 lift and 287/70/17.
Sponsored