Sponsored

How Long from Build Completion to Delivery?

Reefed

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sarge Green/Tan, '16 Mazda Miata BBS
Occupation
E-Commerce
Hey all, I received exciting news that my JLUR finished being built yesterday (6/9) and was waiting for a railcar. I have not been able to get the VIN from my salesperson, all he has told me is towards the end of the month. As you can imagine I am super excited and want to know more. Does anyone know on average how long it takes from Build Completion to Delivery? I am located in SoCal!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Who notified you it was being built? You need confirmation it is in KZ status and not JB. Once out the door it has to wait for a full load heading west. Depending on how many stops and detours it takes to add and drop off it could take 2 weeks or more. Soonest would be 10 days I'd guess. Talk with the sales manager (not sales person) and ask him to look on the transit system which will tell him once it's in the train and every RFID reader it passes along with revised ETA.

WestTex42

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Maybe this helps you a bit. I just got my sticker yesterday and here is shipping estimate from Jeep today:

"What the system shows is that your jeep Rubicon is that it is in shipping with the ETA window showing as 06/20/2020 - 07/04/2020 for the delivery to the dealership."

I'm in Texas, so still a pretty long ways from Toledo. I think it probably rails to Dallas, then on a truck to dealer.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hey all, I received exciting news that my JLUR finished being built yesterday (6/9) and was waiting for a railcar. I have not been able to get the VIN from my salesperson, all he has told me is towards the end of the month. As you can imagine I am super excited and want to know more. Does anyone know on average how long it takes from Build Completion to Delivery? I am located in SoCal!
Something does not sound right? Email the sales person or general manager again and ask about your VIN. You should have a VIN. Transit time can vary greatly depending on how quick they can fill trucks and trains and what part of the country you are in.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I didn’t order when I purchased mine. But, it was my understanding that the VIN come first, then the build....... if your Jeep was built, the dealer must have the VIN.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Go in, ask to talk to the sales manager (sales person doesn't know anything), say you would like to know the latest location of the railcar your Jeep is on and what the transit system says the ETA is. If he says end of month ask for the phone number of the Jeep regional manager so you can ask them.
Sponsored