2018 JLU UConnect update not installing

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
My 2018 JLU thinks it is 600 miles from my current location. I downloaded the latest update to a USB drive (nothing else on it), plug the usb into media usb 1, turn the vehicle on.....but no update starts. I cannot find anywhere within uconnect to start the update either.
Sponsored

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited

Robbnva

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Dealer couldn’t do it. They are replacing my radio. 5 days without a radio. Smh

OP
OP

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
60 minutes into our 9 hour trip, navigation quit working. No dealer close by, so researched and tried many things without any luck. Heading back (9 hours) tomorrow without Jeep navigation. Will take to dealer the next day.

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
I just downloaded update to flash drive and successfully updated my 8.4 screen. I did not have off-road pages before and now I do.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just downloaded update to flash drive and successfully updated my 8.4 screen. I did not have off-road pages before and now I do.
What steps did you go through to update? Did you insert the flash drive before starting the vehicle? Did you have to select anything on the screen?

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
What steps did you go through to update? Did you insert the flash drive before starting the vehicle? Did you have to select anything on the screen?
I inserted the flash drive and then put the vehicle to run. After about 20 secs screen asked me to update which I did. Took about 45 min to complete.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
My 2018 JLU thinks it is 600 miles from my current location. I downloaded the latest update to a USB drive (nothing else on it), plug the usb into media usb 1, turn the vehicle on.....but no update starts. I cannot find anywhere within uconnect to start the update either.
Did you follow the instruction in the PDF? 16GB flash drive formatted FAT32 with nothing but the extracted folders on the drive?

I had to try a few times before I had the right combination for it to work, but the service bulletin process is accurate.

OP
OP

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I inserted the flash drive and then put the vehicle to run. After about 20 secs screen asked me to update which I did. Took about 45 min to complete.
Did you start it...or just press to run?

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
Did you start it...or just press to run?
vehicle was off, flash drive inserted , jeep turned to run position and left there the entire time .

Sponsored

OP
OP

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you follow the instruction in the PDF? 16GB flash drive formatted FAT32 with nothing but the extracted folders on the drive?

I had to try a few times before I had the right combination for it to work, but the service bulletin process is accurate.
Sorry, just saw this post. I did not see the pdf of instructions. I will check the format on the USB drive.

OP
OP

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, just saw this post. I did not see the pdf of instructions. I will check the format on the USB drive.
I reformatted the USB and copied the files to the flash drive. Once inserted into media 1, it came up quickly and showed me that my jeep was already on the latest version. But, the navigation system still thinks our jeep is 600 miles from where I am. Off to the dealer when we get back home to see if they can fix it.
Thank you for your help.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored