Sponsored

ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper as alternative to AEV and others?

OP
OP

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I rub with 37's at flex, just a warning! ;)
Hey! Where are you rubbing? Front or rear? And have you installed a larger bump stop? I was under the impression that you need that as it's only a 2 inch lift?
Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! Where are you rubbing? Front or rear? And have you installed a larger bump stop? I was under the impression that you need that as it's only a 2 inch lift?
I have the mopar lift, I rub with 37's on the bottom of the bumper at certain angles, with a decent amount of flex.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I have the mopar lift, I rub with 37's on the bottom of the bumper at certain angles, with a decent amount of flex.

do you think this could be helped with a slightly taller lift or less offset?

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do you think this could be helped with a slightly taller lift or less offset?
The offset is pretty out there, and i still rub so not sure with the different offset, more tire to hit on. But the taller lift is definitely the answer! anything more than than the 2.5 mopar should be enough because it just barely touches at full flex, I have been thinking when this lift or suspension starts failing or giving me issues of switching to a better/taller lift/lift.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
sorry I meant higher offset (more backspacing)

Happen to have a pic showing where it rubs when it’s flexing Or can you show or describe where?
I’m interested in running the 39” KM3 which is just under 38” on the Jeep and wanting to do 3.5-4” 4.75” backspacing on 8.5” wheels

after watching the offset crash video I really prefer to keep a full width bumper And I’m very loyal to ARB
the same arb bullbar kept my TJ from being hurt from a deer strike at 70mph and two crashes. One with a totaled Nissan hardbody pickup and one with heavy damage to a minivan.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
this helped me make the choice, thank you!!!!

IMG_0393.jpg
That's a sweet looking bumper. Just out of curiosity, does the winch guard block the headlight beam from hitting the ground, as in, is there a shadow in the beam pattern?

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a sweet looking bumper. Just out of curiosity, does the winch guard block the headlight beam from hitting the ground, as in, is there a shadow in the beam pattern?
No it is just enough out of the way! But if you plan on mounting center lights you will need a riser to get above the bull bar.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
sorry I meant higher offset (more backspacing)

Happen to have a pic showing where it rubs when it’s flexing Or can you show or describe where?
I’m interested in running the 39” KM3 which is just under 38” on the Jeep and wanting to do 3.5-4” 4.75” backspacing on 8.5” wheels

after watching the offset crash video I really prefer to keep a full width bumper And I’m very loyal to ARB
the same arb bullbar kept my TJ from being hurt from a deer strike at 70mph and two crashes. One with a totaled Nissan hardbody pickup and one with heavy damage to a minivan.
Will post some pics!

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’m wondering rub locations also. I am running 38x13.5s with 4.5” back space on 17x9” rims. And also 3.5” MC game changer suspension. I know this bumper has to have more clearance then my plastic stock bumper.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
pics

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

Sponsored

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you for taking those pictures for us, mine showed up damaged in shipping. So waiting for replacement. Then I can change out my plastic bumper for this a winch and metal cloak rear full bumper. I’m not rubbing at all currently with the plastic bumpers, but I have 4 bump stop spacers i. The front and 3 in the back, I’d like to get to the point of less then half those eventually.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The offset is pretty out there, and i still rub so not sure with the different offset, more tire to hit on. But the taller lift is definitely the answer! anything more than than the 2.5 mopar should be enough because it just barely touches at full flex, I have been thinking when this lift or suspension starts failing or giving me issues of switching to a better/taller lift/lift.
This is a bump stop problem and not so much a lift height problem. Add a taller bump stop and it won’t hit. Now, if it was rubbing at ride height/daily driving, then lift height would be a bigger factor.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is a bump stop problem and not so much a lift height problem. Add a taller bump stop and it won’t hit. Now, if it was rubbing at ride height/daily driving, then lift height would be a bigger factor.
[/QUOTE

Somewhat true, although the bumpstops in place are setup for the 37's so it is the tighter front bumper that is the issue. by changing to aftermarket bump stops it could definitely fix the issue, but I personally would rather just do a better lift with more space for articulation. I like the mopar lift for a first lift, but I plan on running a better one with adjustable shocks in the future. Bump stops are ideally used for saving your shocks and other suspension components so when the tires are lightly rubbing while flexing not actually while soaking up jumps & bumps, I like the lift as a better long term fix.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How does the lift fix it? A taller lift utilizing the same tires and same amount of bumpstop will still hit in the same places. It just has to travel a little bit more to hit it.

Options to fix are increased bumpstop or cutting of conflicting parts. Lift height won’t do it.
Sponsored