Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve started to notice some rattling coming from my slipstream enclosure. I don’t expect a super quiet ride, but geez it’s getting very noticeable. I measured the assembly pins vs. hole diameter and found a roughly 2mm difference. Not a huge difference but not very tight either. I tried shrink tube, tape, etc. but noticed everything would just get gummed up in the panels and make it hard to remove. I ended up 3D printing some sleeves to take up the slop and now everything is nice and snug and still can be removed relatively easily
Does anyone else this same issue? Or am I the only who has the assembly pins rattling around a lot?

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Rattle BDB631F4-F5AA-4604-9804-5C1F6B0899BC

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Rattle 600DA32E-4802-4AEB-83E2-D54698654BE6
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I've had the Slipstream for awhile now, but only get the occasional rattle from the pins. Nothing frequent or bothersome enough to do anything about, although I do have a can of Plasti Dip just in case.

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Very cool workaround. Wish I could 3D print myself a few of those

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve started to notice some rattling coming from my slipstream enclosure. I don’t expect a super quiet ride, but geez it’s getting very noticeable. I measured the assembly pins vs. hole diameter and found a roughly 2mm difference. Not a huge difference but not very tight either. I tried shrink tube, tape, etc. but noticed everything would just get gummed up in the panels and make it hard to remove. I ended up 3D printing some sleeves to take up the slop and now everything is nice and snug and still can be removed relatively easily
Does anyone else this same issue? Or am I the only who has the assembly pins rattling around a lot?

Jeep Wrangler JL Diabolical Slipstream Rattle 600DA32E-4802-4AEB-83E2-D54698654BE6

Looks great! Like the color blue. On mine, I added shrink tube to 4 of the pins and it completely resolved my rattle issues.

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Like the color blue. On mine, I added shrink tube to 4 of the pins and it completely resolved my rattle issues.
I tried that too and it did work... only problem was removing and reinstalling. The shrink tube would gum up and be hard to remove the pin or scrunch up and not allow the pin back in. Figured this would help in that regard. At least I’m glad I’m not the only one here with rattles. Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
For anybody that’s interested, the 3D printing material is fairly inexpensive. If you’re open to paying shipping (guessing $5 or so), I’ll print some more out for people to try. Send me a DM if interested.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
For anybody that’s interested, the 3D printing material is fairly inexpensive. If you’re open to paying shipping (guessing $5 or so), I’ll print some more out for people to try. Send me a DM if interested.
While I don't need any, it is cool that you would do this for others. People like you make the Jeep community great. Thanks.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Would you be willing to load your 3d files to thingiverse ?

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Would you be willing to load your 3d files to thingiverse ?
Yea, I can do that. It may take a little adjustment if the printer tolerances are different. I fine-tuned the print to fit nice and snug but not bind up. I will load it up over the weekend (Maybe sooner) and post a link.

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ‘95 Land Rover Defender 90
I'm considering buying the Slipstream. I don't have a 3D printer, but do have Plastidip. Has Plastidip solved the pin rattle problem for others?

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I'm considering buying the Slipstream. I don't have a 3D printer, but do have Plastidip. Has Plastidip solved the pin rattle problem for others?
It's worth a try. For me, plain old shrink tube did the job perfectly. Rattles are completely gone.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I can do that. It may take a little adjustment if the printer tolerances are different. I fine-tuned the print to fit nice and snug but not bind up. I will load it up over the weekend (Maybe sooner) and post a link.
Just checking back with you as I am building my slipstream tonight and would like to print your project. Thanks

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just checking back with you as I am building my slipstream tonight and would like to print your project. Thanks
Sorry for the delay, I’ve been tweaking the model a little bit. Also, the clearance for the 4 wall pins is a lot tighter (at least on mine). I had to get a .2mm nozzle for my printer to make the walls thin enough. I’ll have it dialed in within a couple hours and upload.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay, I’ve been tweaking the model a little bit. Also, the clearance for the 4 wall pins is a lot tighter (at least on mine). I had to get a .2mm nozzle for my printer to make the walls thin enough. I’ll have it dialed in within a couple hours and upload.
What printer and filament are you using?

I have the Prusa MK3s, and planned on using petg.

OP
OP
Djmatt85

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
What printer and filament are you using?

I have the Prusa MK3s, and planned on using petg.
Ender 3 pro with PETG (Overture). Do you use Fusion 360? I can upload those files too. That way you can tweak the dimensions from the native file.
Sponsored