Sponsored

Anyone running 37s on stock Rubicon wheels?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Discount will indeed mount them, unless you come across someone completely incompetent. The goofy thing is that what the tire manufacturers recommend differs greatly. Yokohama lists the minimum width for the 37x12.5r17 Geolander M/T G003 as 7.5 inches. While BF Goodrich lists all tire that are a 285 section width as needing minimum width of 8 inches, except for the 285/70R17 found on the Rubicon, which it miraculously believes that 7.5 will be just fine.
Yeah I found it odd many tire manufacturers say you need an 8.5" rim for both 12.5" and 13.5" tires. Shouldn't the inch narrower tire fit on a smaller rim?

Discount Tire's website list a lot of 12.5" will fit on a 7.5" rim, even if the tire manufacturer says 8.5".
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

majorbison

First Name
dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hoping to set up some 37's on my rig with a small lift soon. 35's are very tempting though

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
2 inch spacer lift and 37/12.5/R17 KM2s on JK Rubicon Wheels no wheel spacers
Any rubbing at full lock? Curious as I'm looking into running a similar set up eventually. Also: Jeep looks great. I love the Mojito! and black/silver wheels. That was my second choice to Punk'n.

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
Any rubbing at full lock? Curious as I'm looking into running a similar set up eventually. Also: Jeep looks great. I love the Mojito! and black/silver wheels. That was my second choice to Punk'n.
thanks! Yes they rubbed so all I did was adjust the steering stops out until I had about 3/4 of an inch of clearance on the control arms. It still steers very sharp and I do not notice the small difference. Love that PUNKN!!

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running 37s on stock Rubicon wheels? BTDO9553.JPEG

37" KO2 tires on stock Rubicon Wheels with Spidertrax WHS024 1-3/4" Wheel Spacers plus the 2" Mopar Lift. No Rubbing, full turn.
Do you mind posting a picture of how much the tires stick out from under the fender flares?

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Do you mind posting a picture of how much the tires stick out from under the fender flares?
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running 37s on stock Rubicon wheels? 1591408555954

I dont have this set up anymore, but here is an old picture of it.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
thanks! Yes they rubbed so all I did was adjust the steering stops out until I had about 3/4 of an inch of clearance on the control arms. It still steers very sharp and I do not notice the small difference. Love that PUNKN!!

Bigger tires is still going to put stress on your ball joints more than the wheels wheels being only an inch and a half water isn't what does the damage it's the bigger tire. You can take a bigger tire sticks out more on a water wheel okay an inch and a half not that much different it's the weight of the bigger tire and a tire still is what puts the damage on the ball joints

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Bigger tires is still going to put stress on your ball joints more than the wheels wheels being only an inch and a half water isn't what does the damage it's the bigger tire. You can take a bigger tire sticks out more on a water wheel okay an inch and a half not that much different it's the weight of the bigger tire and a tire still is what puts the damage on the ball joints
A wider wheel will change the offset though. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it can lead to undesirable handling effects, and by putting the weight of the tire and wheel assembly further out from the ball joints it does add to the stress that is placed on them. AEV is one of the few wheel manufacturers who has taken this into account and their wheels have very little change to the stock offset, which keeps the scrub radius the same as stock when on a 35-37 inch tire. The steering angle inclination is 12 degrees and can't be changed. So a wide wheel with a large positive scrub will cause premature stress to the ball joints, and tie rod ends as it puts stress on both in different ways. And it can cause steering issues. We need to be careful when choosing wheels.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
A wider wheel will change the offset though. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it can lead to undesirable handling effects, and by putting the weight of the tire and wheel assembly further out from the ball joints it does add to the stress that is placed on them. AEV is one of the few wheel manufacturers who has taken this into account and their wheels have very little change to the stock offset, which keeps the scrub radius the same as stock when on a 35-37 inch tire. The steering angle inclination is 12 degrees and can't be changed. So a wide wheel with a large positive scrub will cause premature stress to the ball joints, and tie rod ends as it puts stress on both in different ways. And it can cause steering issues. We need to be careful when choosing wheels.
That's why I looked into the warranty automation was trying to sell me that was specially made for Jeeps and trucks with lift kits and bigger tires. It said I could go up 6in lift 6 inches up on tires which would be 39 from the 33 that came with. It said no matter what breaks or wears out due to the bigger tires or suspension lift it is covered hundred percent. I didn't believe it that's why I called the corporate office and they said yes it will be covered and it's in writing stating that. So I paid $2,300,for a six years $80,000 mile warranty. Some people say warranties aren't worth the money that is damn sure worth the money when you consider for 6 years 80,000 miles one repair will cost more than that especially if a computer goes out. I'll keep my Jeep at least 5 years

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you
What was your experience with the stock wheels and spacers? I am leaning towards a MC 2.5" lift with stock wheels mainly to keep the weight down to the bare minimum for the wheels. For tires I am looking at the BFG KO2's in 37's as they are one of the lightest 37" tires. Mine is a DD and I have zero interest in offroading.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Running stock wheels with MC 3.5 game changer w/ 6paks and Cooper ST Maxx 37s. Using the synergy spacers. No rubbing so far and no steering issues yet. I am being proactive and swapping out the drag link, tie rod, and stabilizer for steer smarts components including the drag link w/ attenuator and neutral stabilizer with relocation kit.

how are you enjoying the ST Maxx’s? I’m looking at the Cooper’s or the Mastercraft Courser MXTs.
Sponsored