Touchscreen not Responsive

runjhike

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Infotainment unit started acting up the other day. Driving down the road and it just started flashing a message off and on about this option not available while driving or something to that effect. It did it for the next 20 min til I got to my destination. Turned vehicle off and did my thing. When got back in it was fine. Today, the touchscreen became unresponsive. Iā€™ve turned the vehicle off and on several times with zero changes. It is a 2020 JLUR diesel with the 8.4 upgrade and the Jeep only has 800 miles on it.
Anyone else having the same issue? Prefer not to go to the dealer.
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In the electronics section of this forum, there's a "sticky" post related to resetting UConnect. Trying that, checking to ensure all of your fuses and relays in the fuse box are seated, and that your battery cables are securely attached to the battery are the first few things you may wish to try. It's entirely possible the radio's going bad (rare), though the above are a few of the more common factors involved with electrical issues in the JL. Good luck!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Infotainment unit started acting up the other day. Driving down the road and it just started flashing a message off and on about this option not available while driving or something to that effect. It did it for the next 20 min til I got to my destination. Turned vehicle off and did my thing. When got back in it was fine. Today, the touchscreen became unresponsive. Iā€™ve turned the vehicle off and on several times with zero changes. It is a 2020 JLUR diesel with the 8.4 upgrade and the Jeep only has 800 miles on it.
Anyone else having the same issue? Prefer not to go to the dealer.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP

runjhike

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
yes, I do plan on visiting my dealership. When I got in this morning everything was fine again and then after about 30 minutes it did it again. Thx.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

When I got in this morning everything was fine again and then after about 30 minutes it did it again.

Pop the hood. Then pop the cover of the fuse box. One by one, check each fuse and relay, pushing them down to make sure they are all seated properly. The JL is known to leave the factory with loose fuses and relays. Checking to be sure they are all properly seated often fixes weird problems like yours.

Sponsored

OP
OP

runjhike

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Pop the hood. Then pop the cover of the fuse box. One by one, check each fuse and relay, pushing them down to make sure they are all seated properly. The JL is known to leave the factory with loose fuses and relays. Checking to be sure they are all properly seated often fixes weird problems like yours.
i pushed all of fuses in after I purchased the vehicle. I will say that AT LEAST 75% of them were not fully inserted. This isnā€™t that. This is a gremlin of some sort that keeps coming and going.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
yes, I do plan on visiting my dealership. When I got in this morning everything was fine again and then after about 30 minutes it did it again. Thx.
Okay! Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored