Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

StoneFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr JL
Hm, nobody has contacted me about getting my Jeep fixed. Did everyone in this thread who got theirs fixed get a call from their dealer or did you guys have to initiate the remedy?

I find it pretty disappointing that there hasn't been any communication from FCA corporate or my local CJDR dealer that the fix is starting to be available.
I got a letter from FCA in May that I should get the fix done.
Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Hm, nobody has contacted me about getting my Jeep fixed. Did everyone in this thread who got theirs fixed get a call from their dealer or did you guys have to initiate the remedy?

I find it pretty disappointing that there hasn't been any communication from FCA corporate or my local CJDR dealer that the fix is starting to be available.
I called the dealer I bought the Jeep from when I got the recall notice in the mail. The told me then that the parts were not available. They put me on a call-back list and did call when the parts became available.

Ktmracer21

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR
I called the dealer I bought the Jeep from when I got the recall notice in the mail. The told me then that the parts were not available. They put me on a call-back list and did call when the parts became available.
See i had done that way back when we all first heard of this and the recall slipped out, but the dealer never called. Got in touch with FCA Recall Assistance (1-800-853-1403) and they found a dealer nearby with parts in stock and availability this week to go in. They won't order a clutch without performing the "official 4th gear rev drop clutch test" so im just going to take it in and it'll have to sit there while they order parts. i was told there isn't any issue with getting a clutch for anyone else who's wondering. i will update on thursday when its in the shop.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The only way I got anyone from Chrysler to get back to me was going on Facebook and posting negative comments on their feed until they responded. It's ridiculous that they only care when their image is tarnished and not when there's a potential of a customer getting injured because of a defect. Still they don't have the part but I'm going to keep on posting on their social media pages so other people know what they are getting into. Also because I have more time in my hands than others that are affected by the recall.
Hi Glory, the team that monitors the forums is the same on Facebook. I was the person you were talking to.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
My Wrangler has been sitting on the dealer's lot for two weeks awaiting a simple part, a low pressure reservoir hose from FCA. Word to the wise, wait a while before taking your Jeep Wrangler in for this recall, there may be a parts delay! The dealer went to install the sleeve, and reattached the hose, and it leaked. They assured me they would have the hose the next day or two and still there is no ETA from FCA on when the part will arrive. They escalated the problem through FCA channels and I hope to hear back soon whether it will be days or even weeks until the part is available and my 2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara is back on the road again. So, even though they may take your vehicle in for the recall, parts appear to be in short supply if anything is wrong or goes awry. My Wrangler had no symptoms of overheating, slipping, or anything but good, solid clutch operation. I just wanted to prevent a potential problem. The dealer has been stellar, and provided a rental car.

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
In another world, maybe years ago before the viruses, this would have been something like: perform this test, if it fails, call the dealer who will order the parts and let you know when they are ready. And the sleeve, which is a joke, could have come in the mail.
Ridiculous and expensive like most things nowadays.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
I got a letter from FCA in May that I should get the fix done.
Thanks - I haven't received the updated notice that parts are available yet.

Gotcha. I'll give my dealer a call and see if they've got parts available.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe
Occupation
Re-Tired
So, I booked the recall, and got a 2 week appointment, due to parts ordering.

Yep...It's leaking.

Just traded the JLUS for a RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi, for 3 weeks, due to parts ordering; nice truck, it should tow the boat.
Then I expect the next part will be the "Smoke Test", I'm sure it will fail.

Not much problem until the trailer was involved. It smoked the clutch 3 different times in front of long time friends...very embarrassing. I had to take the long way home to avoid the steep hill between the boat ramp and home. It did not like the 1st to 2nd gear shift.

I don't mind them rebuilding it, as long as it is a thorough job. I want to keep this car for many years. It's just over 1 year old and almost 16K kms, (10K mls) .

To Be Continued...
Update:

I hear many of you out there are hearing the same script from your Service Managers. Some nicer than others. Mine's been good so far.

I had to trade my loaner for another truck...They offered to loan me a new Wrangler ...Screaming RED :-O !!!!

...No Trailer Hitch :o(

NO Boating 'til the clutch is fixed...?????
I took the truck.
Kudos to Enterprise Rental though, they tried .

If my Wrangler is still off the road after boating season, I'll try for a swap for the RED Machine.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
My jeep is in today, I did my own 4th gear drop and it tried to drive then slowly died. IMO it failed the test, so lets see what the dealer has to say.... I will be back

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It's clear that Jeep wasn't ready to service this recall and someone in legal determined they needed to mitigate liability risk which is why they said they were ready to begin servicing the recall. Jeep doesn't care that you are paying many hundreds of dollars a month, I think it' may be in my best interest to explore suspending payments due to Covid-19 hardships.

Sponsored

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Contacted my dealership and they said they are not scheduling for the recall yet.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Monday I called the only local dealer to schedule the recall work and an oil change. They had to order the sleeve, so my appointment was this morning. Everything went great, no issues, no complaints. Sorry some of yā€™all are having such issues; my experience was as smooth as silk.

The service department was great ā€” they even threw in an extra quart of oil for free! (Kidding)

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Contacted my dealership and they said they are not scheduling for the recall yet.
If you'd like help with an appointment, feel free to send us a PM with your VIN.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Got the recall done,

dealership said it was fine, replaced the hose and sleeve kit thing, bled the system.
Drives exactly the same as before
Dealership wouldnā€™t give me any paper work after completing the recall and said i had to come back after the system was updated?
Honestly I cant stand dealerships, i wanted to know what the replaced and asked the tech and they couldnā€™t give me the time of day, who knows if they even did the recall.
at this point lets just hope it burns down and ill get an auto, thanks jeep

Boogerburns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Got the recall done,

dealership said it was fine, replaced the hose and sleeve kit thing, bled the system.
Drives exactly the same as before
Dealership wouldnā€™t give me any paper work after completing the recall and said i had to come back after the system was updated?
Honestly I cant stand dealerships, i wanted to know what the replaced and asked the tech and they couldnā€™t give me the time of day, who knows if they even did the recall.
at this point lets just hope it burns down and ill get an auto, thanks jeep
Why on earth would you think about getting an 8-speed auto? I know that adaptive cruise control is pretty sweet, but come on, is that really worth giving up the standard trans?
Sponsored