Sponsored

Dual Top Delay Time

Gegjeff

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon - 2017 Ford Raptor - 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 2017 Ford F150
Ordered my Rubicon Unlimited JL on 2-3-18, received build sheet 2-23-18 and entered JB status 3-4-18. With all the talk of dual top delays, I am trying to figure out how long I can expect to wait in line to get the top in. If you have received your JL with Dual Tops (or have not), post the dates you entered JB status and when it was moved out of JB (if it has). This may help us poor folks try to plan.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gegjeff

Gegjeff

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon - 2017 Ford Raptor - 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 2017 Ford F150
Just checked again with Jeep Chat and they have gone from expected mid March to " You can check mid April for a update. (last update was Early April expected)". Great, good job.

schmidtski

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Just checked again with Jeep Chat and they have gone from expected mid March to " You can check mid April for a update. (last update was Early April expected)". Great, good job.
I am now in G status, which means it is being built. I asked her (chat agent) about the soft top delay (got the duel top package) and she said that production started this month, "so I really should not see a delay." I asked her for a ship date and she said I would get one in a few weeks.

I think the Jeep chat agents are told to be vague and to give conservative estimates, but who the heck knows.

Hard to tell what is going on.

I ordered on 2/22, went to D1 on 3/2, was given a ship date of 3/20 on 3/9. Was told of the backlog of soft tops by my dealer on 3/16 with no estimate of the delay. Chat agent told me today that I was in status "G." Well at least the jeep exists now!

It is a Sahara if that matters.

Schmidtski

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I am now in G status, which means it is being built. I asked her (chat agent) about the soft top delay (got the duel top package) and she said that production started this month, "so I really should not see a delay." I asked her for a ship date and she said I would get one in a few weeks.

I think the Jeep chat agents are told to be vague and to give conservative estimates, but who the heck knows.

Hard to tell what is going on.

I ordered on 2/22, went to D1 on 3/2, was given a ship date of 3/20 on 3/9. Was told of the backlog of soft tops by my dealer on 3/16 with no estimate of the delay. Chat agent told me today that I was in status "G." Well at least the jeep exists now!

It is a Sahara if that matters.

Schmidtski
I ordered my Rubicon on Feb 16 been in D1 since March 9 th I have duel top as well

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Rich - I see you ordered your with the turbo engine. Are they making those yet? I hope you move from D1 soon!
My dealer told me it’s being built and all parts are in so hopefully not to much longer and Thank You for the good wishes

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
There are too many variables that will make some wait while others do not. I ordered a Sahara too on 2/16. Still in D status while yours is already being built.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
There are too many variables that will make some wait while others do not. I ordered a Sahara too on 2/16. Still in D status while yours is already being built.
I don’t understand the whole process to be honest , I was told 6-8 weeks originally so I’m 2 weeks away from 6 ,so I guess I can’t complain

schmidtski

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
My jeep chat today. I ordered a JLU Sahara dual top on 2/22. It has been in status "I" (pending inspection) since 3/19. What I learned from this chat is that it will not be inspected until it has the soft top.

Chanchal: Hi, my name is Chanchal with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
FS: hi. Would you mind checking my JL order?
FS: address is …
Chanchal: Sure, Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update.
Chanchal: Your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously.
FS: it has been pending inspection for over a week. is it delayed because of the soft top shortage?
Chanchal: yes Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top are expected by April
FS: I heard end of march. now it is april?
FS: is that by start of april or end of april
Chanchal: Yes I apologize that's the latest on it-early April
FS: so that means it will be inspected when the softtop is available early april?
Chanchal: it will pass quality when the soft top is available; as it is an option on it and is missing.
FS: thanks.
Chanchal: Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Assistance Center. Please chat with us again (or call us at 1-800-992-1997) if you need further assistance. Have a good day! You have disconnected.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Just does not make since why jeep is holding up a dual top order for lack of soft tops. Seems logical to ship the jeep with Hard top and give customer a I OWE YOU on the soft top. The cost of holding up a $40k to $50k order can't out way the shipping cost of the soft top. I would personally prefer to get my ordered jeep delivered faster with just the Hardtop and would gladly have the soft top shipped at a later date. Just my personal opinion for what it's worth.

Sponsored

Ajn13

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My jeep chat today. I ordered a JLU Sahara dual top on 2/22. It has been in status "I" (pending inspection) since 3/19. What I learned from this chat is that it will not be inspected until it has the soft top.

Chanchal: Hi, my name is Chanchal with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
FS: hi. Would you mind checking my JL order?
FS: address is …
Chanchal: Sure, Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update.
Chanchal: Your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously.
FS: it has been pending inspection for over a week. is it delayed because of the soft top shortage?
Chanchal: yes Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top are expected by April
FS: I heard end of march. now it is april?
FS: is that by start of april or end of april
Chanchal: Yes I apologize that's the latest on it-early April
FS: so that means it will be inspected when the softtop is available early april?
Chanchal: it will pass quality when the soft top is available; as it is an option on it and is missing.
FS: thanks.
Chanchal: Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Assistance Center. Please chat with us again (or call us at 1-800-992-1997) if you need further assistance. Have a good day! You have disconnected.
Ah, my friend Chanchal...I’ve had her twice now. I’m in the dual top group and mine passed inspection even though the top was not available. YMMV when getting info and at what stage you get held up I think. I’m now in JB (have been for a few weeks) and I’m still held up due to the soft top.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
I ordered dual top and did get my Jeep in 6 weeks from order date. The dealer did give me a We Owe for the soft top. Strange that some people are getting the Jeep without the soft top some are getting held up.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
I ordered dual top and did get my Jeep in 6 weeks from order date. The dealer did give me a We Owe for the soft top. Strange that some people are getting the Jeep without the soft top some are getting held up.
Quick question. Did Jeep or your dealer contact you about shipping your vehicle with out Soft top. I would gladly wait to have soft top shipped at later date than to hold up my order.

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Quick question. Did Jeep or your dealer contact you about shipping your vehicle with out Soft top. I would gladly wait to have soft top shipped at later date than to hold up my order.
No one contacted me. The dealer called and said the Jeep was in. When I went to pick it up there was no top. Since I heard that many were getting their Jeeps minus a soft top I guessed it was just a thing, I did make them give me a We Owe to make sure I get what I paid for. The dealer did contact me today and indicated that there are many tops are owed to people all over. There was no indication of time frame.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
There are many posts talking about this- Mine was ordered January 30th, JB February 14th or so, KZ on February 28th and stuck in KZ still as of today. DO NOT celebrate too much when Jeep says it is shipping. I have no ETA for delivery and no one seems to know what is going on.

I personally no longer think it is just a soft top shortage, I think there was something found in the inspection process and now they are going through all the Jeeps before they send them out. The soft tops were on back order until mid-March, once mid-March came and went they pushed it back again. There was another member on here who was told they lost his keys and to check back in 2 weeks... this is either the worst product launch in history or Jeep is keeping something from us.
Sponsored