JL Rubicon stock height vs JK Rubicon stock height

Hammer_NC

First Name
Hammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I just picked up a 2020 JLUR, after a couple of years of letting my old 2012 JKUR go. On the JK, I had a Teraflex leveling kit on it. This new JLUR though already seems to be the same height as that minilifted JK. I know it must be a bit higher and that the fenders have more room for the 33s instead of the 32s.

But does anyone know what the difference in heights are from a stock JKUR to a stock JLUR?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
well the JLUR has a 1.5 inch lift while the other trims do not and it has 33’s and like you said the JKUR has 32’s so I would say 2 inches is a fairly accurate estimate happy Jeeping:like:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
An acquaintance of mine has a JKU sport lifted 3.5" to clear his 35's. My fully stock JLUR sat about an inch under his. When I bumped the tires up to 315/70-17's on stock suspension, we sat level enough to have to measure any difference.

OP
OP

Hammer_NC

First Name
Hammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Thanks, that supports how I feel with the seat of the pants and the lifting of the leg to get in. I was considering going a bit higher, but watching my family literally climb in has me holding back since this is a daily driver and a fun nekkid vehicle and I'm not riding the moab or rubicon trails.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up a 2020 JLUR, after a couple of years of letting my old 2012 JKUR go. On the JK, I had a Teraflex leveling kit on it. This new JLUR though already seems to be the same height as that minilifted JK. I know it must be a bit higher and that the fenders have more room for the 33s instead of the 32s.

But does anyone know what the difference in heights are from a stock JKUR to a stock JLUR?

Thanks!
My initial thoughts on my JLUR were that it was slightly taller than the JKUR with a 2” Rancho lift and 34” tires that I was trading in. It was noticeably taller than the JKUR for sure
Sponsored

Last edited: