BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar also sells a lift kit but it is not covered under the extended warranty unless you pay for extra coverage. There is specific language in the warranty contract abut this.
I thought the MOPAR 2 inch kit was covered and maintained warranty status?
Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
The 2020 Dealer Customer Satisfaction rankings are out. And guess what, FCA dealers are ALL at the bottom. Once again...

63aca40d10b9428bac6bc215f65ecd72_720x960.jpg
That is only a 8% difference in the delta between Jeep and Buick in that ranking. Totem Pole stacking/ranking does not show the real world difference .

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That is only a 8% difference in the delta between Jeep and Buick in that ranking. Totem Pole stacking/ranking does not show the real world difference .
It is a made up scale calculated by JD Power. Without knowing how it’s calculated or the sample sizes, it is impossible to know from here if those differences are statistically significant or not. They may or may not be.

But Jeep dealers have sat at the bottom, or near the bottom of those rankings, continuously, for the past several years. So the data shows a clear pattern not flattering to Jeep.

Here are, at random, 2013 and 2016
Jeep Wrangler JL FCA just cancelled my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff" 1591035527051

Jeep Wrangler JL FCA just cancelled my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff" 1591035420825
Y

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I have bought vehicles at the top and have been horrible and have bought vehicles at bottom that never see warranty work. Do not put faith in these charts when buying. They mean very little to me.

Just remember 50% of all statistics are made up and only a 10% chance of that,

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
I have worked for Jeep in the past, as well as Toyota, and know firsthand that your warranty can NOT be cancelled because of aftermarket accessories or upgrades. The dealer must PROVE the concern was caused by the change and then they can LIMIT that certain portion of your warranty with an addendum....
Here’s a link to comfort anyone and set straight all of the conjecture:
https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrie...e86a15fd34cf9&ty=HTML&h=L&r=PART&n=pt16.1.700
Can they "cancel" the entire warranty? No. You're right, they can't cancel the entire warranty just because of the mere existence of aftermarket parts.

However, they (the manufacturer in concert with the dealer) absolutely can issue a block on the related portion of the factory warranty if they see something that looks like a non-factory mod or part that might be a contributor to failure of a covered part. The dealership/manufacturer doesn't HAVE to "prove" anything before a block is issued. If you as the customer don't agree, you absolutely have the right to dispute, and even to take them to court seeking remedy using M-M act. You might even prevail and get the block removed at some future point.

But it isn't going to be instant -- just saying the magic words "Magnuson Moss" to the service writer doesn't do anything. Could be weeks or months to get the issue settled, and there is no guarantee that the manufacturer (or the court) will decide in your favor. There is a reason that manufacturers pay for good lawyers to write those warranties, and it isn't so that consumers have an easy or fast way to fight them. And during that time that the claim/block is disputed, you either pay up out of pocket, or they release your vehicle back to you in its broken state until settlement of the issue completes.

This happens all the time with dealers, and not just FCA (GM is a prime offender in this area, but Ford is also a player)

Last edited:

Sponsored

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Lol. Sounds like what actually happened is the factory stopped paying the dealer for screwing around.

Agree with countless posts above - the first rule of dealing with idiots - is to stop dealing with the idiots. Go find another shop.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I am the warranty! Words to live by when you drive heavily modified vehicles. It sucks but it is what it is and I have come to terms with it, saves me frustration.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have bought vehicles at the top and have been horrible and have bought vehicles at bottom that never see warranty work. Do not put faith in these charts when buying. They mean very little to me.

Just remember 50% of all statistics are made up and only a 10% chance of that,
That’s your prerogative.

BTW, those charts are not about vehicle quality; they are about dealer treatment.

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
After 24 days of being in the shop, FCA decided to cancel my warranty...
24 days is a curious number. Because as long as you are under 24 months and 24k miles, at 30 days of being in their service, the lemon law kicks in and you can trade that puppy in for a brand new one. AND they have to pay you back for all of your aftermarket stuff and reimburse you for interest on your loan.

Georgia, right? Read up.
http://www.consumer.ga.gov/about-us/statutes-we-enforce/ga-lemon-law

(25) "Serious safety defect" means a life-threatening defect or a malfunction that impedes the consumer's ability to control or operate the motor vehicle for ordinary use or reasonable intended purposes or creates a risk of fire or explosion.
I'm no lawyer, but I think you have a case. 4wd was definitely its intended purpose.

You could politely tell them that you'll be taking them to court over this per the lemon law, unless they'd like to initiate a good-will buyback. And present them with the number you'd be willing to accept. Don't let them control the conversation.

In court you would receive a prorated value of your vehicle based on the mileage when you first brought the vehicle in for service for this issue (even if it was only 10 miles back when you first reported it) prorated over the first 120k miles of the vehicles like. so 10/120,000 = most of your money back.

And the value is the amount you paid for the vehicle including taxes and fees and ANY aftermarket items you added to it. Of course they may have the option of just unbolting those and handing them back to you. It depends on your state.

Good luck!

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Dealerships are all over the map on service. It matters very little what car line it is - one of worst experiences was at the local BMW. Would not buy a snowcone from that dealer.

You find a good dealer and get a good rapport. I have given our season tickets to salesmen and service techs for helping me out.

Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
After 24 days of being in the shop, FCA decided to cancel my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff". Now i can't tell you exactly what aftermarket stuff, but definitely some of it. The 37" tires were mentioned a few times, but I'm not sure what else.

The problem is that my front axle won't engage when i put it in 4WD after the jeep gets warm; so cold it will engage fine...drive it for 20 mins and it won't engage. I can even put it in 2L, probably the only JL on the planet that can perform that trick.

After 24 days of Jeep jerking me around i brought the Jeep to them malfunctioning and it was throwing 2 codes, P215C and P1DB6. These are I believe "Sector shaft speed correlation" and "vehicle speed signal performance".

These codes are linked to five sensors on the Jeep, the ABS sensors at each wheel and the sector speed shaft. I am bringing it into Toyota this morning to see if they can fix it. Whether this issue is caused by "aftermarket stuff" or not is TBD, but the service I've gotten from Jeep is the worst I've ever experienced. 24 days for 2 codes and probably the laziest group of people I've ever met. I caught them lying to me several times when they say they worked on my Jeep and didn't.
I just left the dealer 5 minutes ago. They had a Rubicon out front on display with 37 inch tires, 6 inch lift, skid plates, modified fender wells, winch, all kinds of suspension modifications, all the gas shocks, etc. It was damn near $80k. And you telling me it doesn't have a warranty... No way on this planet my friend. The only way they could void your warranty is to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that a "third party" piece of gear caused the entire problem. And it is up to them to prove it, it isnt for you to defend yourself. Make them prove it. I thin you got a couple bad sensors or one bad sensor pulling the power down to the other sensor. Morons

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Sorry, WOW this thread is updating faster than I can post. I just read that you were at 35k miles when you initiated the claim. No go on lemon law then.

But also know that the warranty mileage matters for when you notify them of the issue. Even if you're beyond that mileage now, don't back down. If you were under warranty when you first took it in, I'd at least call a lawyer and see if I had a case.

24 days is a curious number. Because as long as you are under 24 months and 24k miles, at 30 days of being in their service, the lemon law kicks in and you can trade that puppy in for a brand new one. AND they have to pay you back for all of your aftermarket stuff and reimburse you for interest on your loan.

Georgia, right? Read up.
http://www.consumer.ga.gov/about-us/statutes-we-enforce/ga-lemon-law

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I just left the dealer 5 minutes ago. They had a Rubicon out front on display with 37 inch tires, 6 inch lift, skid plates, modified fender wells, winch, all kinds of suspension modifications, all the gas shocks, etc. It was damn near $80k. And you telling me it doesn't have a warranty... No way on this planet my friend. The only way they could void your warranty is to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that a "third party" piece of gear caused the entire problem. And it is up to them to prove it, it isnt for you to defend yourself. Make them prove it. I thin you got a couple bad sensors or one bad sensor pulling the power down to the other sensor. Morons

Lol, I wish dealers worked this way dude but they don't ...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Dealerships are all over the map on service. It matters very little what car line it is - one of worst experiences was at the local BMW. Would not buy a snowcone from that dealer.

You find a good dealer and get a good rapport. I have given our season tickets to salesmen and service techs for helping me out.
The only thing I’d give my Jeep dealer is a kick in the teeth.