Sponsored

Any chance of removal top on the New Jeep Wrangler Pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
After reading the other thread I started looking at AEV pickup conversions and came across this. A removal top on the upcoming pickup model would be sweet.

Any rumors out there that this might be a feature on the pickup?

jp-jeep-wrangler-pickup.jpg
Sponsored

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
If the JL has a removable roof this should be doable from a cost perspective on the pickup tho it always looks strange to me seeing the doors/window frames without the top. Here's some better ideas..

Don't know if you guys caught news of this year's Easter Jeep Safari but there are a few Jeep pickup designs that the engineering team has created that are really good and I'd bet will look a lot like the FCA version they bring to market.

This Renegade pickup concept is pretty bad ass and has a removable soft top. I'd rock that all day.

jeep pickup.jpg

Jeep Pickup Concept 2.jpg

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/03/easter-jeep-safari-will-showcase-pickup-concepts.html

Brogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
See a lower roofline on a single cab looks decent with a bed. The wrangler's high upright cab looks awkward when it's single cab with a bed attached, like the one posted in the other thread.

Removable top for the wrangler pickup would be a nice feature to differentiate it from the F150 and Tacomas. Those are loyal markets to try to crack so having a unique open top experience could help alot.

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
I really can't see them selling a true short cab pickup with no cargo area or rear seats and having it sell well in this market. I think we'll see at least an extended cab if not a crew cab and keep the removable top so it will be the only real convertible pickup in the market.

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
If the rumors about the new Jeep Wrangler losing the sport bar is true then it won't look anything that open. It would have to have more of a roof structure in place which would still be visible after you take off the removable soft, hard, glass top panels.

Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
So we know pickups are popular and open air capable Wranglers too, but is there actually a demand for an open air pickup? Talk about niche!

Btw that first picture looks like some kinda tough tourist bus to me.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
If the JL has a removable roof this should be doable from a cost perspective on the pickup tho it always looks strange to me seeing the doors/window frames without the top. Here's some better ideas..

Don't know if you guys caught news of this year's Easter Jeep Safari but there are a few Jeep pickup designs that the engineering team has created that are really good and I'd bet will look a lot like the FCA version they bring to market.

This Renegade pickup concept is pretty bad ass and has a removable soft top. I'd rock that all day.

jeep pickup.jpg Jeep Pickup Concept 2.jpg

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/03/easter-jeep-safari-will-showcase-pickup-concepts.html
That thing should be recycled and turned into a bunch of beer cans.

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
That thing should be recycled and turned into a bunch of beer cans.
I don't like Renegades either, but do like the concept of a Jeep Pickup. What's more utility than having a large flatbed. Though a long wheelbase guarantees it's staying off rocks.

Frankie L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I don't like Renegades either, but do like the concept of a Jeep Pickup. What's more utility than having a large flatbed. Though a long wheelbase guarantees it's staying off rocks.
I don't see ton of people offroading the pickup. Serious off roaders will stick to the 2 door JL like they currently do. But the JL pickup will have tons more utility for everyday use than the JL and JL Unlimited and that's why I'm interested in it.

Sponsored

Chinster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Any chance of removal top on the New Jeep Wrangler Pickup? {filename}

Looks like the freedom panels so yess looks like removable roof

That does looks like freedom panels on the prototype's roof. I hope even more panels are removable though, like the part over the rear cab and also the rear window. Something like this sketch would be cool!

Jeep Wrangler JL Any chance of removal top on the New Jeep Wrangler Pickup? {filename}

OP
OP
JoKer

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
That does looks like freedom panels on the prototype's roof. I hope even more panels are removable though, like the part over the rear cab and also the rear window. Something like this sketch would be cool!
I wouldn't put stock in parts we're seeing on the prototype. It's also got a Ram flatbed so this prototype was obviously still a Frankenstein of different parts. The freedom roof could just be borrowed from a JK donor. All the rumors are pointing to multiple piece removable top and window panels and not a freedom top type roof.

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee

Love the JLWF renderings posted today. Really making me consider a pick up for the first time.

Looks awesome with top removed or installed!

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.