J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Either the problem or the solution. I’m leaning towards solution but I’m just not sure.
It was neither - YOU were the problem! If you were never introduced to this poor Jeep, the Jeep never would've ended up in that situation. I will band together with FCA and PETA against you! Yes - P.E.T.A (People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles) - lol

Sounds like it was something electrical. Do you happen to know what version of firmware your Tazer was on? Did you upgrade the version or is it the same as when you had the issue? Just curious if the version may have contributed to the "bug" like behavior.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
One problem with this statement, FCA does not consider Mopar parts to be any different than any other third party part. Mopar marketing says differently. I have had a dealer install Mopar accessories. When they failed to work due to Jeep not providing the code to Mopar to enable them, I was left holding the bag. When I contacted Jeep Cares, I was informed that it doesn't matter that they were Mopar Accessories. It does not matter that they are factory installed on Jeeps. They were not factory installed on my Jeep. As such, Jeep had no interest in getting the problem resolved. The issue was Rubicon fenders with LED indicators not working. A Tazer JL fixed the setting. Jeep will not.
Yup. It ends up being up to the dealership and even that is hit or miss.

I bought the 2" Mopar lift kit back in early 2018, installed it myself, and ended up having to pay for the revised front spring isolator when it was clearly a problem with the kit and not anything I had done. It wasn't a huge deal since it was $13, but they absolutely would not cover it as a warranty item for the product itself. I asked them if it was because I installed it and they didn't and the answer was no.

Fast forward several months later and one of the FOX shocks started leaking. The exact same dealership that told me to pound sand on a $13 piece of molded plastic months earlier had no issues replacing the shock at all. They straight up opened a fresh crate, gave it to me, and said to simply come back with the dead one and all will be well.

I never quite understood what happened there. Dealt with the same guy and everything.

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
It was neither - YOU were the problem! If you were never introduced to this poor Jeep, the Jeep never would've ended up in that situation. I will band together with FCA and PETA against you! Yes - P.E.T.A (People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles) - lol

Sounds like it was something electrical. Do you happen to know what version of firmware your Tazer was on? Did you upgrade the version or is it the same as when you had the issue? Just curious if the version may have contributed to the "bug" like behavior.
I was running the latest version and updated it anyway.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was running the latest version and updated it anyway.
Bollucks! Guess you could ask Z Auto if they’ve seen anything like that. If not, guess we chalk it up as an FCA electrical issue, with a good old fashioned reboot to fix.

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
After 24 days of being in the shop, FCA decided to cancel my warranty because of "aftermarket stuff". Now i can't tell you exactly what aftermarket stuff, but definitely some of it. The 37" tires were mentioned a few times, but I'm not sure what else.

The problem is that my front axle won't engage when i put it in 4WD after the jeep gets warm; so cold it will engage fine...drive it for 20 mins and it won't engage. I can even put it in 2L, probably the only JL on the planet that can perform that trick.

After 24 days of Jeep jerking me around i brought the Jeep to them malfunctioning and it was throwing 2 codes, P215C and P1DB6. These are I believe "Sector shaft speed correlation" and "vehicle speed signal performance".

These codes are linked to five sensors on the Jeep, the ABS sensors at each wheel and the sector speed shaft. I am bringing it into Toyota this morning to see if they can fix it. Whether this issue is caused by "aftermarket stuff" or not is TBD, but the service I've gotten from Jeep is the worst I've ever experienced. 24 days for 2 codes and probably the laziest group of people I've ever met. I caught them lying to me several times when they say they worked on my Jeep and didn't.
I have worked for Jeep in the past, as well as Toyota, and know firsthand that your warranty can NOT be cancelled because of aftermarket accessories or upgrades. The dealer must PROVE the concern was caused by the change and then they can LIMIT that certain portion of your warranty with an addendum....
Here’s a link to comfort anyone and set straight all of the conjecture:
https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrie...e86a15fd34cf9&ty=HTML&h=L&r=PART&n=pt16.1.700

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I have worked for Jeep in the past, as well as Toyota, and know firsthand that your warranty can NOT be cancelled because of aftermarket accessories or upgrades. The dealer must PROVE the concern was caused by the change and then they can LIMIT that certain portion of your warranty with an addendum....
Here’s a link to comfort anyone and set straight all of the conjecture:
https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrie...e86a15fd34cf9&ty=HTML&h=L&r=PART&n=pt16.1.700
I appreciate the link. I know they can’t cancel it but that’s what they kept telling me. The truth is that during this ordeal my factory warranty actually expired as I went over 36k. I have the extended warranty with another company that allows me to bring my Jeep anywhere I want. Otherwise there would have been a big fight.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
aAccording to my dealer.
Ford offers factory performance packages that are warrantied if installed by a dealer or ASE certified tech. Maybe one of these days FCA will offer something?
They do have something similar. If the MOPAR lift was installed by an FCA dealer. It is covered under the warranty. If you install it yourself or a non-FCA dealership does it, you are basically screwed.

All modifications on my vehicle are MOPAR parts that were installed by an FCA dealer. Ive never had an issue with warranty at any FCA dealership.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
The issue I have is the inconsistency. However, this inconsistency usually goes in my favor.

I have had dealers honor warranty - even after the expiration - since it was a documented issue prior to the expiration. I had the drive shaft on the JK replaced under warranty due to ripped boot (and you cannot replace just the boot). The boot was filled with dried mud from when I got us stuck in a hole. I was upfront about it and they said ok. I have good dealers and have good rapport with the people.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The issue I have is the inconsistency. However, this inconsistency usually goes in my favor.

I have had dealers honor warranty - even after the expiration - since it was a documented issue prior to the expiration. I had the drive shaft on the JK replaced under warranty due to ripped boot (and you cannot replace just the boot). The boot was filled with dried mud from when I got us stuck in a hole. I was upfront about it and they said ok. I have good dealers and have good rapport with the people.
A good relationship with your dealer goes a LONG way.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Stormin’ Moorman congrats in figuring it out. and the dumb part about it was a simple fix.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I should have chosen my words better. Mopar parts need to be bought and installed by same dealer. Even then, I'd try to get something in writing as dealers see big time personnel turnover.
Lol. Nope. Just find a good dealer and you won't have any issues with whatever mods you choose. Most of the Mopar stuff is overpriced garbage.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Either the problem or the solution. I’m leaning towards solution but I’m just not sure.
The reality is there are several computer's talking to each other on these things. If all the 1s and 0s aren't lined up then weird things happen. A good hard reset usually fixes most issues, just like your desktop at home.
Sponsored

Last edited: