Clutch/Pressure Plate Recall

Jack M

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I just got my JL back from the dealer after three weeks waiting for the part to come in for the clutch/pressure plate recall. It seems that the clutch petal is softer than it was prior. Perhaps someone out there may know, is there any way to stiffen it up?
Sponsored

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
I just got my JL back from the dealer after three weeks waiting for the part to come in for the clutch/pressure plate recall. It seems that the clutch petal is softer than it was prior. Perhaps someone out there may know, is there any way to stiffen it up?
SOFTER??

I didnā€™t think that was possible??

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My clutch was softer for about a day after they took my clutch apart and reassembled it.

JeepAtLast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 64 FI Vette
Occupation
Service Writer
Softer???? Hell I didn't think anything could be softer than my JLU clutch, even a horse buggy hits harder! Definitely not going the recall route for sure now! Centerforce here we come, and no software upgrade either. Nope, not gonna do it! No Detuning my motor!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Softer???? Hell I didn't think anything could be softer than my JLU clutch, even a horse buggy hits harder! Definitely not going the recall route for sure now! Centerforce here we come, and no software upgrade either. Nope, not gonna do it! No Detuning my motor!
Hi JeepAtLast,
We suggest getting the recall performed for your safety and convenience. If you would like assistance while at the dealer, we are happy to help via private messages.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Sponsored