Jeep Wave

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I gotta ask...Is this Jeep Wave thing BS? Does anyone really buy into it? It sound kinda corny, like Jeep is trying to get in on the whole motorcycle wave thing... and be like Harley with the brand recognition. Now I understand that as a brand, Jeep is just as recognizable as HD and ya can't blame the accountants for trying to get on board...It just seems hokey.

Is the four included oil changes legit? Call me skeptical, but I'm just a bit wary of this stuff...
it's just fun , if you have a sense of humor you won't mind the wave but if you happen to be a drill sergeant then probably you will find it annoying just like your wife and kids
Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Two days ago the weather here in Michigan was warm and on the sunny side. On my way home from work, I passed near 20 Jeeps and all of them waved. Yesterday, weather not as nice, passed less Jeeps and only had 1 wave.

I think in a state with finicky weather, it plays into it somewhat. Sunny and warmer, most Jeepers and people in general are happier, therefore, more Jeep waves.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Two days ago the weather here in Michigan was warm and on the sunny side. On my way home from work, I passed near 20 Jeeps and all of them waved. Yesterday, weather not as nice, passed less Jeeps and only had 1 wave.

I think in a state with finicky weather, it plays into it somewhat. Sunny and warmer, most Jeepers and people in general are happier, therefore, more Jeep waves.
Heck, I would wave at you even if you are from 'that state up north' ;)

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I've noticed people who mod their Jeeps tend to wave more than people who probably never take it off pavement.

Regardless, I see someone else driving a Wrangler, I give a wave.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I wave at all Wranglers every chance I get. Success rate probably at 50-55% per my absolute accurate scientific measurement lol.

Natural for me as I am a motorcycle rider and wave at others; my previous car was a Subaru WRX STI and we had the Subie wave with other WRX's and STI's.

Sponsored

CWOFOR

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevrolet Avalanche/2022 Harley Freewheeler
Occupation
Retired Marine CWO-4
The history of the wave is older than has been stated here; it began with the first CJs, after WWII, because they were so uncommon that owners would wave to each other when ever they would meet. The wave became so popular that the motorcyclist adopted it soon after. I started with my brand new '79 CJ and have just continued with each one since. ('91 YJ, ' 98 TJ, '13 JK.) And I can barely wait for my new JLR so I can start waving again.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I acknowledge and wave at other Wrangler owners. I toss the Jeep Wave literature in the trash.

same here. wave at other jeeps. until someone gave me the birdie.

but didnt bother with the free stuff. its easier and more convenient for me to have my shop take care of the jeep because i can work with his schedule better then the dealer and its closer to my house. also he loves jeep and treat them like there his.
Sponsored