Miller Jeep Trail night run 5/28

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Leaving park and ride at Porter Ranch Dr and 118 freeway at 6pm. Leaving Lockwoid Creek road and Lockwood valley Rd at 7:30 pm. Will be heading up to top of Miller Jeep Trail, turn around and come back down to Lockwood Valley. Then home.
Vic
818-263-5553
Sponsored

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Leaving park and ride at Porter Ranch Dr and 118 freeway at 6pm. Leaving Lockwoid Creek road and Lockwood valley Rd at 7:30 pm. Will be heading up to top of Miller Jeep Trail, turn around and come back down to Lockwood Valley. Then home.
Vic
818-263-5553

I'm in. :). See you there Vic!

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Is this something you may want to do with us Lyle? @moodywizard your twin pumpkin Jeep is going with.
I would love to, never done a night run on miller before but it’s a weekday and gotta work and pick up the kids etc...

im thinking of doing sawmill on Saturday or Sunday if you want to roll with. Something tame for the kids.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I would love to, never done a night run on miller before but it’s a weekday and gotta work and pick up the kids etc...

im thinking of doing sawmill on Saturday or Sunday if you want to roll with. Something tame for the kids.
I don't know what I'm gonna feel like after a night trip. Don't know what MY recovery time is!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This night run sounded interesting. How’d it turn out. Did you run it both ways as planned and when did you get back off the trail ?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

What is sawmill ? Is it part of Rowher. I’ve never wheeled east of 1-5.
I really need to find some more trails, Miller is good but I like wheeling new trails. I’m in Santa Barbara area, no trails here.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
This night run sounded interesting. How’d it turn out. Did you run it both ways as planned and when did you get back off the trail ?
We did in fact run it both ways. Was thrilled with my light set up. Old school halogen kc daylighters. 4 across on front bumper. 2 spots in center with a flood on each side. Not a white light, but I don't think think the depth and broadcast can be beat in my own opinion. Left late, got home late. Was an adventure for sure!

Sponsored

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
First of all id like to thank Vic and Johnathan for saving my ass. It was a fun trail that ended in disaster for me. After about 2.5 hrs after my accident Vic and John was able to flip my car back on the floor and get us on our way down.
Jeep Wrangler JL Miller Jeep Trail night run 5/28 20200529_172823
Having said that I'm extremely grateful to be alive and not at all mad about my current situation.
My Jeep is currently with my body shop and insurance is currently reviewing the accident.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
First of all id like to thank Vic and Johnathan for saving my ass. It was a fun trail that ended in disaster for me. After about 2.5 hrs after my accident Vic and John was able to flip my car back on the floor and get us on our way down.
20200529_172823.jpg
Having said that I'm extremely grateful to be alive and not at all mad about my current situation.
My Jeep is currently with my body shop and insurance is currently reviewing the accident.
That was the adventure part! Wil you were a trooper. So extremely grateful this accident left you alive and here telling us about it. For 40 years I've prided myself in the 'all in together-all out together' no matter what plan. This trip was definitely a testimonial to that I'll never forget.
Jeep Wrangler JL Miller Jeep Trail night run 5/28 20200529_030707

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
whoa, where did that happen. You have my sympathy Wil. Your rig has the totaled look.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
whoa, where did that happen
Maybe 1 mile above the lockwood creek trailhead. Freak situation in a narrow portion of trail on a hillside. Literally had to drag it to then upright it all while not letting it finish rolling off edge. Very tense situation none of us were expecting but we all handled exceptionally well.

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
whoa, where did that happen. You have my sympathy Wil. Your rig has the totaled look.
Like Vic was saying it was near the end of the trail. I'll find out in a few days if it's totalled or fixable. The body shop said it's fixable but Jonathan pointed out to me that the A pillar is damage, and I saw my roll cage is also cracked etc. I don't know if there's frame damage underneath yet.
Sponsored