YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
Hello all,

After my most recent trip in my new 2020 JLUR I made the decision to buy myself some piece of mind and pick up an EVO skid plate for the oil pan/trans cooler lines. I just recieved it and reviewing the instructions, it states that a 1" bumpstop extension is recommended and before installing I want to make sure its done properly.

Does anybody know why this is or if it is absolutely necessary? For reference my Jeep is on stock suspension with stock wheels and tires.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Front upper control arm/front driveshaft will contact the skid plate supports that come down off the motor mounts at full compression. I would imagine that most skid plates will have this problem. But maybe EVO is the only one that actually cycles the suspension to check clearance.

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Front upper control arm/front driveshaft will contact the skid plate supports that come down off the motor mounts at full compression. I would imagine that most skid plates will have this problem. But maybe EVO is the only one that actually cycles the suspension to check clearance.
Sounds pretty important to have an extension then lol do you know if adding 1" of bumpstop will effect ride quality much? Not super familiar with them.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Sounds pretty important to have an extension then lol do you know if adding 1" of bumpstop will effect ride quality much? Not super familiar with them.
Nope you won't know it's there unless you bottom out your suspension, usually going fast off-road and hitting a dip or berm. A stock rubi with 1" bump stop will have pretty much the same suspension travel (both up and down) as a sport/sahara.

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope you won't know it's there unless you bottom out your suspension, usually going fast off-road and hitting a dip or berm. A stock rubi with 1" bump stop will have pretty much the same suspension travel (both up and down) as a sport/sahara.
Awesome, thanks for the info!
Sponsored