Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Noobie to offroad here. Anyone do this? How challenging is it? Also, would need to overnight. looking at Holiday Inn Frackville. PA. any thoughts? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Going to do a guided green trail day on Monday 25th. Cant wait. My first off road in a Jeep in years.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The sway bar disconnect just makes a smoother ride overall and the 4 to 1 ratio on the rubi transfer case is just awesome

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
No that’s a given, what i suggested makes for a better experience.

Of course you have to actually go to experience anything :turkey:

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Did my first real off road here today. Had a blast. Have to admit some of the greens were more than I expected. Amazing what this Jeep will do. Can’t wait to go back. I want to step it up a little. There was a 4Runner and and Exterra Nissan in our group. Pretty amazing what those two could do with ground clearance the limiting factor on some of the green trails. Very narrow with lots of branch scraping which I wasn’t crazy about. Searched side magnets and found out just now that my Jeep has lots of aluminum. Didn’t know that. Too bad because those magnetic side protectors are a great idea.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did my first real off road here today. Had a blast. Have to admit some of the greens were more than I expected. Amazing what this Jeep will do. Can’t wait to go back. I want to step it up a little. There was a 4Runner and and Exterra Nissan in our group. Pretty amazing what those two could do with ground clearance the limiting factor on some of the green trails. Very narrow with lots of branch scraping which I wasn’t crazy about. Searched side magnets and found out just now that my Jeep has lots of aluminum. Didn’t know that. Too bad because those magnetic side protectors are a great idea.
We have a group going to Rausch Creek on 05/31 if you would like to come out. Nothing too challenging and plenty of people to help.

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
We have a group going to Rausch Creek on 05/31 if you would like to come out. Nothing too challenging and plenty of people to help.
Thanks for that invite. Looks like I’m returning to work Monday 6/1 so can’t do that weekend. I wish it was closer. Takes a bit more planning. Is Rausch Creek very similar to AOAA?

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that invite. Looks like I’m returning to work Monday 6/1 so can’t do that weekend. I wish it was closer. Takes a bit more planning. Is Rausch Creek very similar to AOAA?
From what I’ve been told Rausch’s greens and blues have less rocks than AOAA. I’ve never been to AOAA however so I can’t say for sure. I know of the people i off-road with all of them prefer Rausch.
Sponsored