Sponsored

What is the average age of a JL Rubicon owner? Input yours

What is the average age of a Rubicon owner.

• Total voters
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Rubicon4xe, ‘21 GrCherokee,’16 RAMLaramie
So its sounding like its a boomer vehicle ...
dude, I’m 51... we’re GEN X. Our PARENTS are Boomers.

Facts are our friends.

And as Bryce mentioned, the poll shouldn’t lump together everyone “over 50” when all the other ages are in 5 year ranges. It’s not like the average life expectancy is only 55.

(For you younger members, it isn’t lost on me that to you, anyone over 50 seems OLD and one step from the grave... but as someone who has driven Jeeps for 30 years, seen hundreds of rock concerts and continues to do so, plays music in a band, and digs and brews craft beer, let me tell you that at 50 you can still feel GREAT and have a blast... perhaps even more as you’ll be financially able to really enjoy your life and hobbies!)

Cheers! \../
Sponsored

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
I can’t believe Tony Hawk is 52...

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Another over 50, but just barely :like:
My first Jeep, even though I learned to drive on my dad's 48 Willys when I was 10yoa.
That Jeep was sooooo much fun.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
I am in my early 60s. About 20 years ago, I retired from the Navy after nearly 27 years. I went back to work for the department of the navy as a civilian. When folks ask why I am still working, my wife retired last year, I tell them that as long as they pay me I will continue to show up. I enjoy my job and the folks I work with. I plan on retiring in 5-6 years.

Love diesels. When VW got caught and decided to no longer produce diesels, I was heart broken. Not a lot of choices for any diesels other than truck, so when FCA announced the diesel in the Wrangler, I put my order in when the order banks opened. After nearly 6 months, I was finally able to pick it up. I have to say, it took some getting used to, but I enjoy it. I have about 15K in parts waiting on manufactures to develop the final pieces, for the build, for the diesel.

I agree the spread on the survey are pretty skewed, should really have another category for those over 60. The only time I ever feel my age, is getting up in the morning. Once things get loosened up, I feel like i did in my 40s, of course, its a pain getting loosened up.

Happy wheeling!

Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I'm in the "Age above 50" category on the vote poll. Actually, since it is past midnight where I'm at I have another birthday tomorrow. Mortgage is all paid off, no major bills, still working for a few more years and have extra money for things like a new Jeep every now and then. Our JL is my wife's DD but she fits into the same category as me and she's making the payments on it.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
1st brand new wrangler at age 17( I was spoiled ). 2nd was a new Rubicon at 35 latest was my newly purchased Rubi at age 49. Will never purchase anything but a Rubi, there is simply nothing better than a Jeep and it’s optionality.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
1st brand new wrangler at age 17( I was spoiled ). 2nd was a new Rubicon at 35 latest was my newly purchased Rubi at age 49. Will never purchase anything but a Rubi, there is simply nothing better than a Jeep and it’s optionality.
I had to look that one up. It's a real word! :like:

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
59 here and I’m on my 3rd Rubicon.

2013 Gray 2 Door JK.
2016 White unlimited JK.
2020 Bikini Pearl unlimited 3.0 Diesel.

one reason you see more above 50 is they aren’t a cheap. To buy. Ha

anyone can afford a Basic Jeep with no Bells and Whistles. But to Mack Daddy one out to the max takes some Jack.

5E2627D5-D1D1-4132-8ADA-9387CA23CC83.jpeg

A3A1805C-349E-4F01-B5C9-FCA1CEAB8FF1.jpeg

4BEA52C1-512A-466C-BC27-2DDDEB13B6E3.jpeg

nam5146

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Wrangler Rubicon
I am 29. Single. Have a good job. Sounds like a dating ad

I wouldn’t buy a new car until I paid off my student loans. Other then my mortgage it’s the only debt I have. I watch my money and knew what I wanted. Anything else I looked at was close in cost and probably would have cost me a ton in tickets. Though maybe not as much in mods I’m working on for my Jeep...

It all evens out. It’s a hobby and I love driving my Rubicon around and going off-road. I would do it all again

Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
The real issue is how old is one who drives a free and clear JLR sitting in a free and clear garage?

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
Polls are like harlots. The more you pay, the more they make you feel good. I don't buy polls. But they are fun, because when you thought you were up, you get obliterated. LOL. And there goes your medula oblongata...

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
The real issue is how old is one who drives a free and clear JLR sitting in a free and clear garage?
Like I said earlier, I'm 56 years old and all the vehicles in our household (2019 JLR, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro, 2018 BMW 430i xDrive, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee) are paid for.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I lived in Delaware but relocated to Illinois a few years ago. If you haven't already, head down to the C&D Canal. Lots of dirt and gravel roads to cruise on. Nothing major but some dirt therapy.

I will have to look into that also want to head up to Rausch Creek if anyone is heading up that way.
Sponsored