Sponsored

What is the average age of a JL Rubicon owner? Input yours

What is the average age of a Rubicon owner.

• Total voters

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
Paid cash for my TJ Rubicon when I was 23. Sold it when I was 30 while married to someone who initially enjoyed the outdoors and then started to hate it... then started to hate me about 5 years ago.

Now I have a JLU diesel at 39 and a GF of 2 years that goes camping/hiking with me 2-3 times a month with a 0% 3 year car payment that I could pay off in full any time I want.
Sponsored

Scrappy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Naval Flight Officer
I just turned 50 a few weeks ago. I guess I now fit into the OPs description. No Motgage anymore, no CC bills, 2 kids (one 17yo, the other 22, but recently graduated and now an Air Force 2nd Lt. waiting to go active), no car payments for a few years.

The past 2 years, we saw the writing on the wall about my job and worked hard to zero out stuff. In January, I accepted a voluntary separation plan from my employer due to a reorganization. My last day of work was the end of March after 17 years at that company.

So, now I find myself without a job in a really bizarre job market. I had hoped to travel for a bit and then get back to some sort of job but that didn't happen either. I've never been without a job since I was 16, and tjis is really weird for me. In an effort to keep my ass from fusing to my couch, I started doing Doordash. Nothing I'd do for a long term, but its getting me beer money and supporting my Jeep accessory habbit!!
BRYCE,
As a Navy Lieutenant Commander tell your son CONGRATS and to stick it out for the long haul! I have over 26 years right now and it was totally worth it. BTW the retirement is pretty awesome too!

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
BRYCE,
As a Navy Lieutenant Commander tell your son CONGRATS and to stick it out for the long haul! I have over 26 years right now and it was totally worth it. BTW the retirement is pretty awesome too!
Thanks. Its actually my daughter. She's going to be an Aircraft Maintenance Officer. Just graduated from Georgia Tech as a Mechanical Engineer on a ROTC scholarship.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Thanks. Its actually my daughter. She's going to be an Aircraft Maintenance Officer. Just graduated from Georgia Tech as a Mechanical Engineer on a ROTC scholarship.
Congratulations to her and her service. Great job to dad also.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
After my second TJ with just one young son it was great fun then both of my young sons soon enjoyed hanging with Dad...... then when my daughter came along and the wife left... well the little 2 door just wouldn't cut it. so in 2005 when i came back from Iraq my father had already sold it for a good price. Now all the kids are grown..... most of the bills are paid off..... need to find that GF that wants to hang out and go camping and have some, away from all the people fun, known as the great outdoors. hopefully will make some friends here as i travel a lot for work and always looking for some hang out time..... currently in Delaware..... Raush Creek maybe?

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I've just started the 2nd half of my 40's and have a toddler as well. Over the years my wife and I have always been somewhat focused on "smart buys" and investments. As such, I have owned many Jeeps, but always used and never "top spec".
In recent years, we have seen a number a untimely deaths and realized something; what is the point of amassing wealth if you do not use any of it towards the enjoyment of your life?

So I went to the Jeep dealer and wrote a check. (not an actual check since they have not had personal checks over here for a long long time)

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I agree the 84 month car loans are concerning. On the other hand I will take a 0% loan for 84 months all day, every day, for the free money. I would just invest the money I would have paid in cash.
I went over 20 years with out a car payment. I decided that I was going to buy a new car. The cost of the car was about 27,000. Mind you I had not shopped or even though of getting a loan. So as I ask the dealer, do you take a check, or do you want a cashier check for the amount from my Credit Union. The sales guy said well the interest rates ar at .09% are you sure you want to pay cash. Nope I financed the whole amount and put that 27,000 in the market. So I understand that.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
currently in Delaware.....
I lived in Delaware but relocated to Illinois a few years ago. If you haven't already, head down to the C&D Canal. Lots of dirt and gravel roads to cruise on. Nothing major but some dirt therapy.

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
I am a dinosaur from the last ice age. About to be 59 but feel like 30. I got a 2018 JLUR in Mojito! that I ordered and received back in Oct 2018. Before that I had a 2017 Rubicon JK but when JL made its debut, I had to have it. My wife and I love it and just finished redoing our second house in Jacksonville,FL. And the lift kit and bigger tires just got ordered. If not now, when? BTW, I don't believe in polls. If you take fish tank cleaner (chloroquine), you will kick the bucket too. Talk to your dr before you take that stuff... :jk:

Fbrown92024

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
73 years old. Kids are 50, 48, 46 so I don’t need daycare. Stay home and watch the news or hit the trail and just keep on adventuring? An easy decision for me. Just sold TRD so will buy new JL Rubicon as soon as I find diesel with desired options. If I opted for the long term financing I could have it paid off by the time I’m 81. Haha. Also need trailer to pull my BMW K1600 to base camp. Life is grand!

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
mid 60’s here. still working full time because i like my work and have a lot of fun with it. Plan to retire in another year or so but will continue as a consultant and educator in my field.
While I don’t have extra money to throw away, the Jeep was no more than buying a nice SUV and it’s something i wanted. Since my employer pays a portion of my auto expenses it was not a big deal.
Started with the Sahara and Jeep basically exchanged it for a Rubicon (not a 100% even swap), due to quality issues.
The wife liked it so much I found her a cute little 2 door JK which she adores.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I’m 60 years young....my 2020 Recon is my second Wrangler. First one was a 2015 jk Hard Rock. Moderate build on both with winch, 2” lift, and 35s. I’ve worked hard and had some good investments. I can afford some toys fortunately. I have a KTM 500EXCF for dirt bike fun, and enjoy mountain biking. Was frugal in my youth...not so much now. Everything is paid for....
Sponsored