Sponsored

AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just to put the rumors to rest, it is boron steel, and it's on my Jeep.

The only difference from SEMA is that the bumper is not modular. There will be two versions, stubby and full width. The full width will be released later this year. Don't know when the standalone ones will be released. But right now, whatever bumpers they have are all going towards the packaged Jeeps.
So do spill the beans. How the heck did you get one?
Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Not Modular ? So the full width bumper does not have the end caps that can be removed to make it a stubby or added to the stubby to go full width ?

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not Modular ? So the full width bumper does not have the end caps that can be removed to make it a stubby or added to the stubby to go full width ?
As far as what I've been told by AEV, that is the case. Will they offer it later down the road? They don't know yet and didn't tell me.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Hope so... the modularity of the bumper was an added bonus that also set it apart from others... pass that along to AEV if you have a direct contact ....

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hope so... the modularity of the bumper was an added bonus that also set it apart from others... pass that along to AEV if you have a direct contact ....
Trust me, I wanted mine to be that way and they know.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just to put the rumors to rest, it is boron steel, and it's on my Jeep.

The only difference from SEMA is that the bumper is not modular. There will be two versions, stubby and full width. The full width will be released later this year. Don't know when the standalone ones will be released. But right now, whatever bumpers they have are all going towards the packaged Jeeps.
The front bumper yes, it is stamped steel - which is the boron steel. The rear bumper though im' not sure if it's the same stamped boron steel as well?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He spent $15-20k for a lift kit and bumper package.
LOL. Didn’t take that long for a hater to start trolling on the AEV topic. It’s like the troll who goes on every diesel topic on this forum and start bitching about diesel wranglers when he doesn’t own one.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
LOL. Didn’t take that long for a hater to start trolling on the AEV topic. It’s like the troll who goes on every diesel topic on this forum and start bitching about diesel wranglers when he doesn’t own one.
Those that know what goes into the build will understand the cost involved. I also know that it is wayyy more than a bumper and lift upgrade. Hell 37” tires are over 400 a piece. You start to add it all up and it would get pretty close doing it yourself. It’s not an everybody build and that’s why I love AEV. Super exclusive and makes it worth becoming a member of the elite fraternity. Love your build we have DM previously and can’t wait to see it done.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those that know what goes into the build will understand the cost involved. I also know that it is wayyy more than a bumper and lift upgrade. Hell 37” tires are over 400 a piece. You start to add it all up and it would get pretty close doing it yourself. It’s not an everybody build and that’s why I love AEV. Super exclusive and makes it worth becoming a member of the elite fraternity. Love your build we have DM previously and can’t wait to see it done.
Thanks. You’re right on the money. Just buying 5 Borah wheels with rings and 37” BFGs are going to cost close to $4K before taxes without even mounting them.

On top of that the diff gets to be re-geared because of the bigger and heavier wheels/tire.

Last edited:

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Thanks. You’re right on the money. Just buying 5 Borah wheels with rings and 37” BFGs are going to cost close to $4K before taxes without even mounting them.

On top of that the diff gets to be re-geared because of the bigger and heavier wheels/tire.
Labor is the other factor that people fail to realize plays a huge roll in it, and your getting trained experts installing all the parts for a turnkey build. You can choose if you want to spend 20k or 15k on parts. To me its worth it to get it all warrantied.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase

Can you ask them to regear other than 4.56? I think most people go with 4.88 or 5.13 with 37" tire.

Do they give back your stock parts say wheels, tires, bumpers, etc?

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Can you ask them to regear other than 4.56? I think most people go with 4.88 or 5.13 with 37" tire.
With the 8 speed and the 37” km3 or Ko2 being a smaller tire 4.56 is perfect with the new 8 speed auto from what I’ve been hearing.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Do they give back your stock parts say wheels, tires, bumpers, etc?
They are very particular about all the tire, wheel and gear combo because of what they tested and what they warranty. You can always ask them and see if they would put a different gearing but I highly doubt it.

They don’t give back the stock parts. That’s why, when I bought my Jeep, I didn’t upgrade the plastic bumpers or wheels etc.
Sponsored