Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Has anyone used this kit for a while?
https://www.innovativejkproducts.co...or-jeep-jlu-for-use-with-arb-twin-compressor/
I like the fact it is all included but those air hoses seem cheap and flimsy along with how they connect. Just curious if this kit has held up over time.
I've had this kit installed in my '18 JLR for almost a year (just for tires), and have used it at least a couple dozen times since. The hoses and fittings are just fine, and I wouldn't call them flimsy at all. They are really flexible and roll up into a nice small bundle The push to connect air fittings are airtight and actually pretty robust in my experience. So far so good- with all four hoses connected at once, I can go from my 18psi or so trail pressure back to 31psi in about five minutes on my 35's. I really like just standing there while all four tires fill simultaneously- gives me an opportunity to enjoy a post-trip beer while watching my fellow Jeepers run around their Jeeps, fighting hoses and checking pressures!
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I've seen some guys online with that air kit. It looks awesome. I was worried about it getting hot or being super loud but maybe those aren't issues.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I've seen some guys online with that air kit. It looks awesome. I was worried about it getting hot or being super loud but maybe those aren't issues.
Mine doesn't really get too hot at all after five minutes of continuous use, but I do leave the passenger seat tipped foward when it's running, as there's minimal clearance between the compressor and seat bottom. I'm more concerned about the heat damaging the wiring and other components under the seat than the compressor overheating.

OP
OP
Zoobie

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I went with the ARB under seat mount. Overall I am very happy with the end result, but it took a lot of time and very poor instructions to struggle through. It fit well with my WeatherTech rear floor mats, and I like that the bracket protects the compressor from being kicked by a rear passenger.

Few things I did...
  • I used my integrated Aux switches to control turning it on / off. You only need to connect the purple wire, and I ran it to Aux3.
  • You need to get the ARB Remote Hose Coupling Kit and you need to buy a short air hose. I bought a 12" and it worked well.
  • I ran the power down through the floor plug under the passenger seat, the two negative wires were a few inches short and I had to extend them. Positives fit just perfect.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
If mounting under the seat with the eventual plan of adding an arb locker maybe two, how would things run to the lookers from inside? Would that be an issue? Would an under the hood mount be more preferable for that?

Sponsored

JSG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
I've had this kit installed in my '18 JLR for almost a year (just for tires), and have used it at least a couple dozen times since. The hoses and fittings are just fine, and I wouldn't call them flimsy at all. They are really flexible and roll up into a nice small bundle The push to connect air fittings are airtight and actually pretty robust in my experience. So far so good- with all four hoses connected at once, I can go from my 18psi or so trail pressure back to 31psi in about five minutes on my 35's. I really like just standing there while all four tires fill simultaneously- gives me an opportunity to enjoy a post-trip beer while watching my fellow Jeepers run around their Jeeps, fighting hoses and checking pressures!
I can attest that this system is legit and works really well. The most painful part was getting the power supply wire to the actual ARB compressor. so much blood was spent that day. my only complaint is that i have a 2door and i have a daughter who likes to step on it.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Thanks. I ordered it. I have been using a custom under the hood bracket since new and nothing was out yet for anywhere else. Now that I am in an area with some worse weather I felt it better to move it inside instead. They show it shipped yesterday so should be a fun project. I have mounted it once already so I am ready for the challenge to move it

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Ready to make a move on some product. Good info here.

Question though. With the under the seat ARB mount if you have to work on it guessing you need to remove the seat?

I was considering the under the hood mount but figured if I had to work on it the PITA quotient would be pretty high.

I dont care for the MORE bracket location but access to it seems to be undeniably easy if you need to get to it. I mean it's right there.

I'm using it just for air so working on it is probably a non-issue but if I every get air lockers fiddling with it is a strong likelihood.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
You don't have to remove the seat to install it, you just remove the rear two bolts, tip the seat forward and slide the bracket underneath- not sure if JLU front seats work the same. On my two door JL, you can tilt and slide the seat forward and get to 90% of the compressor it you need to do anything to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zoobie

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Ready to make a move on some product. Good info here.

Question though. With the under the seat ARB mount if you have to work on it guessing you need to remove the seat?

I was considering the under the hood mount but figured if I had to work on it the PITA quotient would be pretty high.

I dont care for the MORE bracket location but access to it seems to be undeniably easy if you need to get to it. I mean it's right there.

I'm using it just for air so working on it is probably a non-issue but if I every get air lockers fiddling with it is a strong likelihood.
I have a JLU where the passenger seat does not tilt forward, so I pulled all 4 bolts and removed passenger seat for the install. Honestly, that's one of the easier steps :) Cutting the carpet, cutting the heater vent, running the cables under and up to the battery, and sodering / extending the negative wires... much more work

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I have a JLU where the passenger seat does not tilt forward, so I pulled all 4 bolts and removed passenger seat for the install. Honestly, that's one of the easier steps :) Cutting the carpet, cutting the heater vent, running the cables under and up to the battery, and sodering / extending the negative wires... much more work
Same here. I like the out of the way location but just dont like the idea of removing the seat to get to it if I need to. I dont mind the vent carpet cutting too too much.

Looking more like MORE.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well today I finally moved the ARB. I bought my JL so early only option was the under hood mount. That was fine but now I moved to even more in-climate weather so I felt getting it inside would be better.

I bought and installed the Innovative JK under seat mount. I added the air hose system as well as the gauge system. $240 total.
https://www.innovativejkproducts.co...or-jeep-jlu-for-use-with-arb-twin-compressor/

The instructions are pretty good but here are my few details.
  1. I removed the passenger seat. Highly recommend this.
  2. I ran the wire down a very small opening between the fuse box and the body which kept it away from the exhaust and then up into the passenger drain plug hole.
  3. I connected it to the Aux switch system #3
  4. Taking apart the plug worked best with a paper clip (in the instructions) but when I marked the wires with a sharpie it came off so I guessed and got them right putting it back together.
This is what I will say about the product that is positive.
  1. It works great.
  2. The added gauge makes it nice as the valve pops when you get to your desired PSI when filling up.
  3. hose system seems very stout although you would think it is weak based on the connectors.
  4. Hose system is also very light and compact and they supply a bag to carry it.
  5. Instructions are well done
Things I do not like
  1. I feel sort of ripped off. It is not a good value at all. You could do the entire system for literally $30 or so if you had the time and the means to source the products. Now they did all the work and put it all together so you don't have to hassle but I bet the parts cost them about $20-$30 (maybe a little more but you get the point)
  2. For the bracket that the hose attaches to each seat would have been nice for a small template to drill the holes. no big deal but would have been nice.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Well today I finally moved the ARB. I bought my JL so early only option was the under hood mount. That was fine but now I moved to even more in-climate weather so I felt getting it inside would be better.

I bought and installed the Innovative JK under seat mount. I added the air hose system as well as the gauge system. $240 total.

The instructions are pretty good but here are my few details.
  1. I removed the passenger seat. Highly recommend this.
  2. I ran the wire down a very small opening between the fuse box and the body which kept it away from the exhaust and then up into the passenger drain plug hole.
  3. I connected it to the Aux switch system #3
  4. Taking apart the plug worked best with a paper clip (in the instructions) but when I marked the wires with a sharpie it came off so I guessed and got them right putting it back together.
This is what I will say about the product that is positive.
  1. It works great.
  2. The added gauge makes it nice as the valve pops when you get to your desired PSI when filling up.
  3. hose system seems very stout although you would think it is weak based on the connectors.
  4. Hose system is also very light and compact and they supply a bag to carry it.
  5. Instructions are well done
Things I do not like
  1. I feel sort of ripped off. It is not a good value at all. You could do the entire system for literally $30 or so if you had the time and the means to source the products. Now they did all the work and put it all together so you don't have to hassle but I bet the parts cost them about $20-$30 (maybe a little more but you get the point)
  2. For the bracket that the hose attaches to each seat would have been nice for a small template to drill the holes. no big deal but would have been nice.
I can’t argue with your opinion, but the components of the IJK mount system cost more than you think they do. The 4 air chucks alone without the connectors to the hose are almost $30. Add in fittings, hose tubing, gauge, etc, and there is no way the raw components cost less than $100. Factor in packaging, assembly labor, profit to make it worthwhile to do and it doesn’t seem like as poor a value to me as it does to you.

Also, I wonder if there’s no mounting template to allow installers freedom to position it exactly where they want it.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t argue with your opinion, but the components of the IJK mount system cost more than you think they do. The 4 air chucks alone without the connectors to the hose are almost $30. Add in fittings, hose tubing, gauge, etc, and there is no way the raw components cost less than $100. Factor in packaging, assembly labor, profit to make it worthwhile to do and it doesn’t seem like as poor a value to me as it does to you.

Also, I wonder if there’s no mounting template to allow installers freedom to position it exactly where they want it.
Fair enough and you are probably correct. Just feels like there isn't much there and it is all simple stuff but you are probably 100% accurate. Trust me I am happy with it. I was trying it out in the garage on my 35's and it worked great, super slick and quick.
Sponsored