First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Paralegal
I'm having this same rattle click gurgle in my 3.6. did you get it resolved?
Not really. I had it checked out twice at different dealerships and was told its the differential and is normal. I had a cover that muffled the noise to the cabin fall off though, and they replaced it, so now I really only hear the noise with the windows down and doors off.
Sponsored

jerrygcoffey

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0T w/ eTorque
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have the 2.0L Turbo and when I let off the gas completely (and usually only at lower RPMs), I hear a rattle-like noise. It lasts for a 3-10 seconds as a decelerate and then stops. I have been driving it like that for probably 5,000 miles (since January), so I feel like at this point I would get a CEL or something if it was detrimental to the Jeep. I also took it to the dealership and they just said it was “normal turbo noise” (I added the video for reference, sorry it’s kinda long). I think since it’s under warranty, I’ll probably take it to another Jeep dealership and get a second opinion.

I also have this noise. It happens every day like you described. After letting off the accelerator, usually at lower rpms. No issues as far as I can tell. Always wondered about it though, I’m not sure if it’s normal for these engines.

Katej1213

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Paralegal
I also have this noise. It happens every day like you described. After letting off the accelerator, usually at lower rpms. No issues as far as I can tell. Always wondered about it though, I’m not sure if it’s normal for these engines.
I'm really not sure what the deal is with the engine. I have taken it in twice and really didn't get any helpful feedback. I honestly have been thinking about trading in the Jeep for something else rather than waiting on the possible issues that could arise from it... especially when the company doesn't seem to care if we have to deal with the problems, but I don't know what to do for sure. Please let me know if you take it in your find anything else out!

Katej1213

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Paralegal
I have a similar noise to yours from time to time, I noticed it happens when engine is at operating temp and you let of the accelerator. I too have taken mine to the dealership and pointed out the noise which they said it was normal. Closest area I could trace the noise was somewhere around the bell housing area under the exhaust manifold. I am thinking it has something to do with the EGR or the waste gate tube under the turbo. Its hard to tell what is normal and what is not with these engines as the direct injection and VVTI system cause so many different noises.
I could never figure it out and it drove me crazy. I ended up selling it and getting a 2018 JLU Rubicon with the 3.6. So far no issues and no noises, so I think I made the right choice for me. Good luck with yours and I hope it’s nothing major!
Sponsored