Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The spiderwebshade 2 piece only works if you dont have the dual tops. Otherwise you have to reconfigure it depending which top you have on.
What do you mean dual tops ?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Spiderweb shade. Yes, it does make a very noticeable difference in temperature inside the cab on sunny hot days. We have had only one day like that so far! It does let some light in and you do get a little sun but it is not as intense as direct sunlight. They do have a red one but we decided to just go with black. You just leave it on and pull back the front edge to get to the locks locked on the soft top. It also looks like a headliner so that is cool.
Jeep Wrangler JL Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions Jeep spiderwebshade

ClevelandWhat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for all the Alien support guys! We really appreciate it.:rock:

PM sent!

If you decide to join Alien Nation, PM me first! Like @MORTON mentioned, we've got a JL Wrangler Forum Member code.
I couldn’t figure out how to send a pm but I would love a discount code

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I couldn’t figure out how to send a pm but I would love a discount code
You do realize that the company is pretty much non-existent at this point. They have been shut down for some time. So there is no discount code available, as the website is non-functional and they aren't selling anything.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So do you work at alien sunshade? I need somebody to look at this it's a year old it's too short they cut it too short it's the two piece in the front. Look how big the Gap is it should not be like that I can't make it any shorter if I move it toward the front then the little bungee cords that hook up to the windshield won't have no pull on them they'll just sang how am I supposed to fix this it looks horrible I'm embarrassed to even take my heart top off the sun comes right through into shines on your legs. My wife hates it everyone says dude what kind of shady said that looks horrible I know you need room to grab the handles but spider web is the red shade in the photo and look how he doesn't have the big gaps I have with alien shade how can I fix this or how can you replace this with a new one

Screenshot_20200514-092236_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200514-092245_Photos.jpg

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
So do you work at alien sunshade? I need somebody to look at this it's a year old it's too short they cut it too short it's the two piece in the front. Look how big the Gap is it should not be like that I can't make it any shorter if I move it toward the front then the little bungee cords that hook up to the windshield won't have no pull on them they'll just sang how am I supposed to fix this it looks horrible I'm embarrassed to even take my heart top off the sun comes right through into shines on your legs. My wife hates it everyone says dude what kind of shady said that looks horrible I know you need room to grab the handles but spider web is the red shade in the photo and look how he doesn't have the big gaps I have with alien shade how can I fix this or how can you replace this with a new one

Jeep Wrangler JL Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions Screenshot_20200514-092245_Photos

Jeep Wrangler JL Spiderwebshade / Alien shade tops: I have some questions Screenshot_20200514-092245_Photos
Alien Sunshade is out of business. They've fallen off the planet since Jan. 1st. Nothing on social media. Website is down. All their stock on Amazon is gone/sold out. No replies to messages. They've left a bunch of angry customers in their wake. Their 10 year warranty is worthless now.

I suggest you purchase a different sunshade. I've heard good things about several brands out there, but I'm ordering a Spiderweb Sunshade because they have a 2 piece shade for the Unlimited 4-door and I like the look/flexibility versus the one piece. They just sent me a 15% off code: CORONAFREE after subscribing to their email. Whatever you decide, good luck.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Alien Sunshade is out of business. They've fallen off the planet since Jan. 1st. Nothing on social media. Website is down. All their stock on Amazon is gone/sold out. No replies to messages. They've left a bunch of angry customers in their wake. Their 10 year warranty is worthless now.

I suggest you purchase a different sunshade. I've heard good things about several brands out there, but I'm ordering a Spiderweb Sunshade because they have a 2 piece shade for the Unlimited 4-door and I like the look/flexibility versus the one piece. They just sent me a 15% off code: CORONAFREE after subscribing to their email. Whatever you decide, good luck.
Thanks for the heads up doesn't surprise me the guy that owned the company his name was Ryan he live in Austin and was moving up north somewhere he told me I still have his cell phone number he said he didn't want to sell the company but everything has a price and they offered him a good price so he sold it to them and they let the company go into the ground unbelievable the new owners didn't do anything to make this company better

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
Bestop has a couple shades which they call their Sun Bikinis. They are currently available with mesh fabric, but will soon be available in a solid black fabric. They have magnets along the front edge for easy access to soft top or freedom panel latches.

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2020/wrangler-jl/standard-targa-sun-bikini/

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2020/wrangler-jl/extended-safari-sun-bikini/

I just ordered the targa style earlier today.
Have you had a chance to use the Targa style yet? How do you like it? I'm curious how it does since it doesn't have the windshield straps like the others.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Have you had a chance to use the Targa style yet? How do you like it? I'm curious how it does since it doesn't have the windshield straps like the others.
I got an RMA and sent it back for a refund. It does not work with the Sunrider for Hardtop. Plus, the rear straps did not fit around the roll bar and one of the button snaps broke just by taking it out of the parts bag. I have yet to find a shade that works with the Sunrider for Hardtop.

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got an RMA and sent it back for a refund. It does not work with the Sunrider for Hardtop. Plus, the rear straps did not fit around the roll bar and one of the button snaps broke just by taking it out of the parts bag. I have yet to find a shade that works with the Sunrider for Hardtop.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I think I will mark it off my list.

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Spiderweb shade. Yes, it does make a very noticeable difference in temperature inside the cab on sunny hot days. We have had only one day like that so far! It does let some light in and you do get a little sun but it is not as intense as direct sunlight. They do have a red one but we decided to just go with black. You just leave it on and pull back the front edge to get to the locks locked on the soft top. It also looks like a headliner so that is cool.
Can you remove the sunshade but keep the windshield cords installed to make re-installtion easier later? I like riding without it, but the hubby burns easy so has to have it when he's riding with me.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Shari........I do not think so. The round plastic clips that hold the bungee cords to the mess material do not look to be removable. I think the only option to get the shade out of the way without taking the front 4 clips from under the windshield frame would be to roll the shade up toward the windshield and try to figure a way to tie it. I am used to it being on all the time now and it is a trade off. It does take away from the top down feeling but it blocks some rays and makes it a lot cooler in the hot sun.

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shari........I do not think so. The round plastic clips that hold the bungee cords to the mess material do not look to be removable. I think the only option to get the shade out of the way without taking the front 4 clips from under the windshield frame would be to roll the shade up toward the windshield and try to figure a way to tie it. I am used to it being on all the time now and it is a trade off. It does take away from the top down feeling but it blocks some rays and makes it a lot cooler in the hot sun.
Thank you for answering! I appreciate the info! We had a SpiderWeb sunshade on our 2012 JKU and we took it on and off quite a bit. However, this one doesn't look as easy. Thanks again!
Sponsored