oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
More odd and ends arrived. Center console organizer is a nice fit and pretty handy.

385B3E22-A28A-41FF-BB16-FB3B6E0B2C43.jpeg

36E0FA6D-8C9E-4A2D-8A14-1046050072F3.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Got a couple small things in and installed today. @CoolTech Fire extinguisher mount arrived today and my fire extinguisher arrived few days ago. I ordered the red extinguisher but it got delayed and then they shipped me black, which i dont really mind too much, tis just a color. The mount itself wasnt tough to install. The directions call for tapping the hole on the role bar but cooltech included a self tapping bolt for it and that made it much easier and a breeze to install. Just using the supplied allen bolts, install the mounting bracket to the mounting plate.

ACF840C3-40E1-48A8-970C-44AF42661EF6.jpg

Then, remove the T20 torx screw from the plastic trim on the roll bar and rescrew it back in with the mounting plate. Then start screwing in the self tapping bolt up top to the hole on the roll bar.

50337240-199E-4A77-A285-00ABF2FB0CAA.jpg

Then put together the brackets on the extinguisher side together using the supplied hardware.

70A63076-58D2-4C97-8643-993BA375398E.jpg

AA67164F-F130-4A1E-911C-634F3BFBCDD9.jpg

Ones the brackets are assembled on the extinguisher, put everything together. Note that the cable for the pull pin must be attached to one of the screws on the mounting bracket/mount plate. Enjoy.

80B56B5A-FC59-41F7-A3BC-831BC68AA6E3.jpg

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Another project I got done today was some interior lighting for the rear. I noticed a lot of folks wiring up LED strips on the tailgate glass. Now as that is a great idea, its just something that wont work for me. I didnt feel like wiring up something back there but i would like more lighting back there for when i need to move things around in the trunk area or when I need to use my tailgate table (whenver that gets here). So I turned to the wisest woman I know, Mum who clearly had a great jeep mod and didnt even know it. Enter my mum's kitchen counter lights lol. So these lights come in two sizes. I started witht he longer one to put inside the hard top. These are super bright and dimmable with 3 levels of brightness. Best part is it attaches by the built in magnets, which are pretty strong so they wont be going anywhere when attached. I can remove the unit itself and relocate anywhere I need light so long as its on a metal surface.

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

The shorter ones can rotate as it has multiple magnets so I will be using those for the tailgate glass. The short ones also come with clips so I can hang them on something to use it as a small bright lantern. These can be charged using a micro usb cable and lasts a good while between charges. Like I said, they are hell bright lol.

IMG_2777.jpg

E7E5D64A-01AE-4E16-9919-A91A9517BFD3.jpg

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Rockslide Engineer Tailgate Table arrived today along with other goods so I got to install that. Went quicker than expected. First thing to do is to remove the small rectangle section of the plastic trim on the tailgate to expose 3 of the pre-tapped holes. Guessing this was designed for the mopar tailgate table.

5D33FBE1-A0D7-4567-B1E0-E6B2CC920955.jpg

Grab the three long allen bolts and put them through the back 3 holes. Then add the supplied o-ring to each bolt. Then the metal spacers and another o-ring to keep everything in place so that you can line up all three bolts to the tailgate holes. Having an extra set of hands will help with this part but it is manageable solo.

9D74DAEB-0EBE-4054-9678-6BBB14E565C5.jpg

tighten all three with an allen key (sorry i forgot to write the size down). After that, take the 6 self tapping screws and install in the 6 holes (3 top, 3 bottom) and this should secure the table against the tailgate completely. Enjoy.

14077C29-B72E-4F6F-9899-5747A84CE4C5.jpg

5D8B2E6F-59A3-41E6-8D93-AF22BAF3DC79.jpg

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Since the weather's been getting nicer, I ordered a set of Quadratec mirrors for going doorless. Although they are functional, I am not a fan. Ordered these as a temporary solution for going doorless. I think they may have solidify my decision on going with the Carolina Metal Masters A-pillar mounts as a permanent solution. Took them for a spin and went half naked today since it was a nice 66 degrees lol. Also my snatch block arrived in preparation for the winch.

1ACD5C05-FB05-466B-B0A9-F5E6116F9FBD.jpeg

5CFBD55B-1E10-4691-8C49-2E221842DEF1.jpeg

C62DDA36-3586-406A-AD41-19C45522C89E.jpeg

F92AFC1A-9CD4-4431-B80B-A3EC706359E2.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Since the lock down started, I've just been collecting lift parts together and had my 37's in storage. 1 wheel mounted and another one sitting in the box (I wasn't able to get it mounted since it arrived right as we started the stay in place order). So today since Im basically just waiting on my coils and control arms to arrive to complete my lift, I decided to mount the second wheel. I will be ordering the rest of the wheels on friday so I can have at least the full set mounted before the lift gets installed. I also picked up the Rim guards from my mum's (i was painting them there) and installed them on both the mounted wheels. I must say I CANNOT wait to throw these on the Jeep. They came out great and look so good. Also heres a bonus of my lunch break brought to you by the Rockslide Engineer Tailgate Table because it was gorgeous outside.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2909
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2910
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2912
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2913
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2914

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I painted the Fairlead and D-rings today cause they were starting to fade and now they will match the wheels when they go on next week. Also, this was probably the first trip to the mall that I actually enjoyed. I probably wouldn't get this shot ever again lol
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2931
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2932
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build 98B02086-12F5-470F-B18F-D77C4146233F

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Got some new bling for the front bumper. These are stout. Rated at 68,000lbs. Gonna move my current D-ring shackles to the rear bumper when I order the new rear bumper (CavFab)
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2944
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2945

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Majority of the 2.5" Gamechanger is here (waiting on the control arms to arrive) is here. probably going on weds as thats when the rest of my wheels get here. Everything Metalcloak minus front tracbar. I opted for the Synergy front tracbar as I plan on running their steering and tracbar/sector shaft brace with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2960

Walt helping inspect the goods to make sure everything is here.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2961

Stay tuned.....

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Majority of the 2.5" Gamechanger is here (waiting on the control arms to arrive) is here. probably going on weds as thats when the rest of my wheels get here. Everything Metalcloak minus front tracbar. I opted for the Synergy front tracbar as I plan on running their steering and tracbar/sector shaft brace with it.

Walt helping inspect the goods to make sure everything is here.

Stay tuned.....
The Metalcloak trackbar is known to be compatible with the Synergy brace. Just FYI...

Sponsored

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The Metalcloak trackbar is known to be compatible with the Synergy brace. Just FYI...
Good to hear. Another reason I didn’t go with the Metalcloak front tracbar is that the Metalcloak requires you to enlarge a hole at the tracbar mount in order to fit the big bushing at the axle end of the bar. I was not a fan of that idea mostly.

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Today my Genright Spare Carrier delete kit arrived 2 days early. I went with this kit as I am planning to get their Swing out carrier eventualy. So for now majority of all the parts here will work with the swing out carrier. I got the backup camera relocation kit and the ORO third brakelight/license plate light kit with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2970
Jeep Wrangler JL The Parallax - Sting Gray JLUR Build IMG_2971

I painted everything flat black as I am not a fan of the bare aluminum finish. More to come.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear. Another reason I didn’t go with the Metalcloak front tracbar is that the Metalcloak requires you to enlarge a hole at the tracbar mount in order to fit the big bushing at the axle end of the bar. I was not a fan of that idea mostly.
A 100% totally valid point and I can see why enlarging the hole could be problematic. However, I'm sticking with all Metalcloak 1) because they're a 7 minute drive from my work (was just there Friday buying some springs and a rear trackbar). 2) they give a nice military/local discount, 3) a cool dude from the forums sold me a nice used MC front trackbar shipped for $100 and I couldn't pass it up (thanks @Kevin Mojito)! And 4) and most importantly Metalcloak totally kicks butt!

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
A 100% totally valid point and I can see why enlarging the hole could be problematic. However, I'm sticking with all Metalcloak 1) because they're a 7 minute drive from my work (was just there Friday buying some springs and a rear trackbar). 2) they give a nice military/local discount, 3) a cool dude from the forums sold me a nice used MC front trackbar shipped for $100 and I couldn't pass it up (thanks @Kevin Mojito)! And 4) and most importantly Metalcloak totally kicks butt!
So jealous of them being close to you lol. If I lived near them, they would probably give me a restraining order. Love their stuff hahah

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So jealous of them being close to you lol. If I lived near them, they would probably give me a restraining order. Love their stuff hahah
Oh believe me, I've got more parts to buy and will be back soon! What's funny is, aside from a few jeeps out front, you could drive right by the place and never even know it existed. There's no big signs out near the street entrance and even driving into the parking lot, the front door is not obvious. However, once you get inside, the place is nice, clean and modern, just like you'd expect. The fellas that helped me with my order were great as well! Yep, I'd say I'm lucky!

That said, I saw that big pile of MC gear you've got. Your rig is gonna be amazing!
Sponsored