Ceramic coat your own JL for $50.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I used a product called Torque ceramic today before removing and installing my soft top. I'll let ya know how it holds up..supposed to have rain the next 6 days...UHG!

IMG_4165 (1).jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
I used a product called Torque ceramic today before removing and installing my soft top. I'll let ya know how it holds up..supposed to have rain the next 6 days...UHG!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ceramic coat your own JL for $50. IMG_4165 (1)
Looks really nice! Also, good choice in color. Best color option for sure. =) Im a bit bias though.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Looks really nice! Also, good choice in color. Best color option for sure. =) Im a bit bias though.
Thanks!! lol I had no idea I was going to love this color as much as I do!!! I love JEEP Wranglers and have had them in Black, Steel blue, Sand white , Red And yellow....I love this color the most hands down.

corrh

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport
Thanks for this great video- I have some striping along the sides and hood - can this spray be used over non-factory decals? would love to preserve them from fading if possible!

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
Thanks for this great video- I have some striping along the sides and hood - can this spray be used over non-factory decals? would love to preserve them from fading if possible!
I used it on my plastic fender just fine, and my rubber hood stops. It didnt last long on the rubber, but I would say its safe for vinyl. I will be able to check soon as im going to apply some vinyl to my Jeep and I will test with the spray.

Sponsored

Ttaylor

First Name
Terez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2020 Sahara
This might be a silly question, but this stuff is safe for the painted to match fiberglass top? Seems it would be, but I don't want to make a rookie mistake here.

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
This might be a silly question, but this stuff is safe for the painted to match fiberglass top? Seems it would be, but I don't want to make a rookie mistake here.
Yes it is. The paint used on the fiberglass is the same as the body. The ceramic coating only effects the top layer of clear coat and it will work just fine.

Pemberton325

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys

Jeep Wrangler JL Ceramic coat your own JL for $50. IMG_4165 (1)
Bit off topic but what mud flaps are those?

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
These are not "Ceramic Coatings it is a glorified sealer with a little ceramic in it so they can call it Ceramic, purely a marketing play. They are by far more sealer than ceramic protection. For true ceramic protection you need to apply a The Nano Technology Ceramic coating which is NOT a spay on application.

Also to the OP if you have swirl marks you have applied the claybar and coating incorrectly... NEVER use circular motions with Clay bar, sealer or Nano Technology. Additionally NEVER wash you car with circular motions. If you have particulates that will scratch circular motions will simply move it around creating more damage. Always use straight motions from starting point to outer edge of surface to shed particulates off the car.

While these glorified Sealers that have a small amount of Ceramic in them work to some degree their benefits are short lived and do not create the hard surface protection actual Nano Technology Ceramic does.

Do not drink the Koolaid this Video is pouring...

Last edited:

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
One thing I forgot to say in the video is if you drop your clay bar, toss it out. Dont risk dragging an embedded rock across your paint. Not worth it. Also check your clay often, so you dont make extra swirl marks. Would love to see the results of the Wolfgang Ceramic spray!
I have used Wolfgang products for 12 plus years now. I just used their sio2 sealant that just came out. Itā€™s still considered a sealant. The one I was using before that was their regular sealant.

The older sealant I have been using for years. I get a solid 8 months out of it. Even though our salty winters.

Iā€™m expecting this new sio2 to hold up even better.

I nano mitt vs clay pre sealant now. I also polish and then paint prep spray down before I seal.

After weekly washed the trucks get sprayed down with each products spray version of the sealant. I buy that buy the gallon.

Like I said I have been using thier stuff for a while and it has never let me down. The reason I havenā€™t tried a true ceramic coating Is if I mess it up I donā€™t want to have to machine polish the truck to get it fully off which you have to do. The sealant takes that issue off the table and like I said I still almost get a full year.

image.jpg

Jeep is done in the sio2

Iā€™ll have to post images after I did it soon.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
These are not "Ceramic Coatings it is a glorified sealer with a little ceramic in it so they can call it Ceramic, purely a marketing play. They are by far more sealer than ceramic protection. For true ceramic protection you need to apply a The Nano Technology Ceramic coating which is NOT a spay on application.

Also to the OP if you have swirl marks you have applied the claybar and coating incorrectly... NEVER use circular motions with Clay bar, sealer or Nano Technology. Additionally NEVER wash you car with circular motions. If you have particulates that will scratch circular motions will simply move it around creating more damage. Always use straight motions from starting point to outer edge of surface to shed particulates off the car.

While these glorified Sealers that have a small amount of Ceramic in them work to some degree their benefits are short lived and do not create the hard surface protection actual Nano Technology Ceramic does.

Do not drink the Koolaid this Video is pouring...
Just like u said a true ceramic sealer is rock hard like say Omni coat. And if u mess it up u are machining it off. Like I said in my post above I donā€™t think I have the technique down enough so thatā€™s why I have stayed in the sealant camp for now. But Iā€™m happy over here. I still get some crazy good protection especially with the weekly spray sealer follow up for the sealer I use.

These new spray ceramic dealers are very nice though for ease of use and deff do a nice job.

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
I have used Wolfgang products for 12 plus years now. I just used their sio2 sealant that just came out. Itā€™s still considered a sealant. The one I was using before that was their regular sealant.

Iā€™ll have to post images after I did it soon.
Thanks for the update. I just did a video on scratch removal using compound and polish and in it I used the new Turtlewax Hybrid Polish with ceramic coating. Right now the Jeep does not need polishing over-all, but i really want to try this stuff on the wifes car. From the little I used to help buff out a scratch, this stuff is amazing. Not pro grade, but some really good stuff that can be found off-the-shelf.
Sponsored