First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a set of Falcon SP2 3.3 Shocks
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200514_135249445_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jeep123
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jeep122

Minor trimming of the Artec fender liners to access the adjustment knob. Piggyback body fits behind the liner with about 1/4" of clearance.

Kinda regret these. Not a massive improvement over the Fox 2.0 IFPs on the SP2 soft/cold setting head toss is a little better controlled but not much. I like the firm control on the Performance setting but its a little too harsh. I should have tried to fine tune it some more with the knobs on performance before swapping it over. I'll play with it some more later on the performance setting I don't feel like pulling the bottom bolt again today to twist the shafts to change the valving.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I think someone missed something. (Could even be me)

M1kefries has a rock slide engineering front bumper with the rust problem.

LeodaJeep mentioned they have the same bumper in Aluminum.

Rock slide doesn’t make an aluminum version.

now, Rock Hard 4x4 has the patriot bumper in both steel & aluminum versions. (And the wong portions where the foglights reside look ver similar between the 2 brands)

sdiver68

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4XE, Tesla M3LR, Nissan Sentra
Occupation
Management Consultant/Small Business Owner
Installed nerf bars. New Falken AT3W installed to replace OEM all seasons. 3D Maxpider mats arrived and in.

Tried to install Curt tow hitch but hardware kit was missing 4 of 12 parts lol.

captnjbk

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon. 2017 Moto Guzzi V7.
I purchased the Rock Slide Engineering front bumper. The bumper appeared to be quality, although the powder coat seemed thin. After only 8 months of use the Rock Slide Engineering Bumper is rusting through the powder coat. My Jeep is always parked in the garage. The last winter in New England was very mild. The product is unacceptable for continued outdoor use. I recommend doing additional research and not purchasing Rock
Slide Engineering bumpers.
I would definitely reach out to Rock Slide Engineering. In my experience those guys give great customer service. They’ll make it right.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
what lock box do you have in the back? Looking for one for my 2 Door. Also what do you like about it? and not like? THX
Tuffy. It was easy to put together, the top and front panel can be removed in less than two minutes if you have a tall load to carry. Lower cost than others. Like the others, the soft top won't go to lock when put down. To put the soft top on or take off you need to remove the top of the box so the soft top bar can fit into the top flange opening.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Picked it up from buddy’s shop. He did my steering mods. Still need to take it back to fabricate a different stabilizer. Apparently the SS mounts didn’t work on my application with the metal cloak FAD skid. So once I take it back we will be doing the front spring correction pads as well. Hoping to knock out the CavFab tire carrier this weekend as long as my delete pipe. Hopefully the rain cools things down.

C4E63956-B2B1-4A99-9C6B-35D77A97AA4B.jpeg

8154730E-3930-4411-B472-A38316F2B841.jpeg

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Simple stuff:

Mounted a Tactical Baby Gear Dump Pouch to the rear of the driver's seat. It's sold as a dirty diaper carrier (ewww!) but I'll be using it as a trash bag.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Pouch1

It's about 5" x 6" with zippers on three sides and MOLLE straps on the rear. Inside is a removable pouch that's 7" in diameter and 12" deep so it should hold quite a few of the wife's dirty tissues.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Pouch2

Also picked up a battery powered chainsaw to deal with those pesky trail blocking trees that we occasionally see around here.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Saw

(Yes, I need to put the battery in it that's currently in the shop charging.)
Later,
Johnny

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I installed a 2k mile $150 Rubicon takeoff suspension for a 1” lift a couple of weeks ago.

Today? I scored a Zeon Platinum 10S for ....1500! Brand New in the box. He had to unstaple the box to show me everything was there and damage free.

I guess it wouldn’t fit the guys bumper and it would have cost him $230 to send it back he said. How much did he pay that he came out better at 1500 than sending it back? The lowest price I found was low 1800’s shipped. Shrug

Happy camper here on that find.

Last edited:

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Got my CavFab tire carrier 70% installed. Ran into a snag on the wheel/ tire combo clearance. Going to attempt to clearance it tomorrow with some bolts. This tailgate reinforcement journey has been a PITA and hassle for the passed 2 1/2 months. I just want to be done already.

04E25853-9172-42B8-B9B6-2544825FB62A.jpeg

33955A57-A4DA-4683-81B8-AD73536021BA.jpeg