Sponsored

Trunk option for 2018 2 door wrangler JL?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just want to see if anyone has made any new discoveries on this topic. i reached out to Bestop a few months ago and they said they had no plans. With summer on its way I'd really love a secure truck space!
Not with the rear seat in. You need to remove the rear seat for the ones on the market.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
It's funny there was an abundance for the JK and every vendor just decided to bail on the JL...wtf no love for the 2 door at all. I know it's a business decision but why wouldn't you just modify slightly what you already produced previously? So it seems I will have to try fabricating one much like Tjax.
If you still have a template available Tjax would it be too much to ask you to share?

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
While I love the idea of a 2-door trunk solution, I just got tired of waiting. I have a Plano Ammo Crate locked with Bolt padlock that's keyed to my jeep. Keeps my trunk stuff dry and harder to get. Sure someone could steal the whole thing, but I don't keep anything super valuable in there. It fits perfectly and doesn't draw attention.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
While I love the idea of a 2-door trunk solution, I just got tired of waiting. I have a Plano Ammo Crate locked with Bolt padlock that's keyed to my jeep. Keeps my trunk stuff dry and harder to get. Sure someone could steal the whole thing, but I don't keep anything super valuable in there. It fits perfectly and doesn't draw attention.
Thats kinda brilliant!

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
It's funny there was an abundance for the JK and every vendor just decided to bail on the JL...wtf no love for the 2 door at all. I know it's a business decision but why wouldn't you just modify slightly what you already produced previously? So it seems I will have to try fabricating one much like Tjax.
If you still have a template available Tjax would it be too much to ask you to share?
I don’t have a template to share but you could make the basic shape out of cardboard and have a fab shop bend it up. That’s essentially what I did.

If/when I make another one, I plan to incorporate the design idea where the back and top are hinged like the as yet to reach the market design floating around. I’ll have to see how it actually functions. I’d simply buy one from them if it was available but it’s not. I got zero response when I inquired about it. I guess I’ll make my own again.

The hinge would allow it to lay flat when not in use. Most aftermarket offerings are 16 guage. I used 11 Gauge and will do so again, most likely in stainless steel.

I love being able to go topless yet store valuables in my “trunk”.

Good luck!
Sponsored