Sponsored

Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Heres another example of one that seems to be futher out.
F23B0107-5B3C-4854-86D8-CB14A4BDA675.jpeg.jpg
The Rubis will have a gap, as their fenders are higher up than the Sport and Sahara models. As far as distance from the grill, that should be the same for all models, as the new bumper bolts to the existing jeep bumper mounts. However, there is some minor adjust-ability of the bumper wings, that could account for the slight difference you see. I will tell you that room for most winch solenoid boxes and wiring is tight - I think it's more the design of the sloping grill on JL that's issue, as I've heard others with different bumpers mention the same thing. I plan to remote mount my solenoid under the hood.

Last edited:

LuckySe7eN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
The Rubis will have a gap, as their fenders are higher up than the Sport and Sahara models. As far as distance from the grill, that should be the same for all models, as the new bumper bolts to the existing jeep bumper mounts. However, there is some minor adjust-ability of the bumper wings, that could account for the slight difference you see. I will tell you that room for most winch solenoid boxes and wiring is tight - I think it's more the design of the sloping grill on JL that's issue, as I've heard others with different bumpers mention the same thing. I plan to remote mount my solenoid under the hood.
Thanks for the info. I'll be installing my bumper this weekend and this should come in handy.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk
Thanks for the info. I'll be installing my bumper this weekend and this should come in handy.
Dont tighten everything down that'll save you so you can adjust it until you get it how you want it

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
How beefy is this piece circled, I notice some of the other bumper manufacturers offer skids that go below their bumper, does this piece offer some protection to the sway bar disconnect??
It looks like it extends down some but not sure how beefy it is??

Anyone who has this care to comment.

Jeep Wrangler JL Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper 1597162108283

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Has anyone tried removing just the wings? If removed does the fog lights go with it?

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
Has anyone tried removing just the wings? If removed does the fog lights go with it?
If I remember right, the fogs mount to separate brackets that are mounted to the frame so removing the wings would leave the fogs still mounted. The plastic fog surrounds do mount to the wings.

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
How beefy is this piece circled, I notice some of the other bumper manufacturers offer skids that go below their bumper, does this piece offer some protection to the sway bar disconnect??
It looks like it extends down some but not sure how beefy it is??

Anyone who has this care to comment.

Jeep Wrangler JL Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper 1601656671775
Its metal, though certainly not skid strength, it does offer some protection.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Supposedly rugged ridge is working on different wings for the bumper, at least that’s what they told me on Facebook
Sponsored