What's The Best Door Sill Guard?

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
Thanks. Looks Good. I've got Iron Cross steps that are mounted through the body not the frame, so I'll have to see if this interferes with those.
Not sure how the Iron Cross mount up, but these hug the body pretty good and don't go past the pinch seams. They are held on with 3M tape.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeep In Thought

jeep In Thought

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how the Iron Cross mount up, but these hug the body pretty good and don't go past the pinch seams. They are held on with 3M tape.
Ok good to know. Thanks again. Was wondering how they were mounted.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@PowerGuy what sliders do you have? I’ve got RockHard 4x4 and they mount to the pinch seam as well as the tub and the frame to body mounting points. Do you know if these would work with them?

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
@PowerGuy what sliders do you have? I’ve got RockHard 4x4 and they mount to the pinch seam as well as the tub and the frame to body mounting points. Do you know if these would work with them?
I have LoD sliders that are frame mounted. These could work depending on how the rockhard attach to the pinch seam. I’ve attached a couple of picks taken from the ground up so you could get an idea of the thickness of the bushwackers.

2311FF33-5E6C-4CC5-8D9B-B80449E1A9EF.jpeg
A11FC08A-0731-4975-9902-B0FB7A5D4DB6.jpeg

Sponsored

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
No interference with the sliders.

8A41B77F-DEFB-4F9C-9FC6-EE287E5E1BED.jpeg
1714D8FC-69F5-4469-BF5B-8D682E9FC8AC.jpeg
589C1571-7C8B-486F-8CB4-44CB84715DA9.jpeg
001CC498-7F67-4677-8941-BF1877695FF7.jpeg
I really like the Bushwacker guard but I guess I'm wondering why the 4 door version is split into 2 pieces on each side? It looks as if it was previously made as one solid piece on each side. Perhaps the front pieces are the same as the 2 door version and for the 4 door, they just add the back pieces to the shipment?
anybody else notice the JK vs. JL difference? maybe i'm missing something?

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Bushwacker's. It covers the rocker area and the pinch seams also
Just ordered! Hope they don't interfere with the side bars i just put on! These look great....

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered! Hope they don't interfere with the side bars i just put on! These look great....
Now, once they arrive, will have to figure out how to remove the plastic Mopar ones i stuck on right after i bought new! Any ideas on best way to remove items stuck on with 3M tape????

Sponsored

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
I bought the Rugged Ridge (which look basically identical to the Quadratec) as they also cover the thin raised part of the painted sill that the ones on the Amazon link / Seven Sparta do not cover. I think protecting that edge is important as it will likely take a lot of abuse over time. I'm going full "belt and suspenders" by first installing continuous clear 3m protection film to the part of the sill not covered by the plastic guard under the door. I'll put it on with the top edge under the plastic guard, then extend down the face outside the door to the rock rail. Gotta make a few cuts to fit with the body seam. I'm expecting to fill the "swear" jar for that install, but hopefully it will all work out.
It finally warmed up enough for me to finish the installation. As I noted above, I did the 3m protective film on the sill and wrapped it down the face of the rocker to just below the top of the stock rock rail. The sill guards were easy to install - I removed the cover tape on the 3m along the top edge first, got it put on tight, then did the lower two pieces. I did that to avoid accidentally sticking the guard down crooked or buckled and it worked well. Test fit it first and used blue tape to mark the end / starting point for the guard to guide me on landing it. I like the coverage of this guard (and its cousin from Quadratec).

IMG_0537 (1).jpg

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
It finally warmed up enough for me to finish the installation. As I noted above, I did the 3m protective film on the sill and wrapped it down the face of the rocker to just below the top of the stock rock rail. The sill guards were easy to install - I removed the cover tape on the 3m along the top edge first, got it put on tight, then did the lower two pieces. I did that to avoid accidentally sticking the guard down crooked or buckled and it worked well. Test fit it first and used blue tape to mark the end / starting point for the guard to guide me on landing it. I like the coverage of this guard (and its cousin from Quadratec).

Jeep Wrangler JL What's The Best Door Sill Guard? IMG_0537 (1)
I just bought a set of these from Quadratec, but they are back ordered. I bought them because they have more coverage than most, even the Mopar versions.
Sponsored