I am finally a Jeep owner!!

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
After over a year of saving up, searching, researching, and annoying the hell out of my wife (not to mention wanting one since I saw Jurassic Park on VHS), I finally got my dream Jeep!! Returned from a deployment a week ago and my truck was on its last legs so my wife and I agreed I needed a new vehicle. She knew I wanted a JLU and nothing but a JLU so we came up with a number we could handle and I set out. Spoke to dealer upon dealer until I found mine. *Almost* settled for one that didn't have the features I wanted but the dealer wouldn't come off $1000 more to meet my required price. Talked to another dealer (Jacksonville CJDR Arlington, shout out to Jeremiah!) that day and, after a bit of a rocky start, we came to a tentative agreement via text. Went up there the next day, got the numbers where I wanted them, traded in my truck, and (after transferring it from another lot) drove off with my first Jeep! The *only* feature it didn't have was LED lights but after driving it at night...I honestly feel like a lot of people overstate the need for them. The halogens are perfectly fine to me. I probably will upgrade at some point, but it isn't nearly as dire as many make it out to be. I did, however, get the color I wanted, the 2.0 engine I wanted, the hard top I wanted, the tech pkg I wanted, and the tow pkg I wanted. Already took the top off and loved it. Freedom panels are the best. Wife loved those (she's coming around haha..already named it Bruce after the shark in Finding Nemo :LOL:). All in all, could not be happier and I can't wait to start modding!Already ordered a 9" antenna and will be taking off those stuuuupid side air dam things on the front bumper tomorrow. Rubi wheels and tires and a 2" lift are on the list as well, but it's gonna be a while. Just gonna drive it and be a happy Jeep owner for a while. :rock: Cheers everyone!!

signal-attachment-2020-05-09-183324.jpg

signal-attachment-2020-05-11-180319.jpg
Sponsored

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Congrats and welcome to the club

OP
OP
DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Haha holy crap you're right! Now I get where they got the name from in Finding Nemo. Even better! I told my wife and she smirked and said "you're welcome." :CWL:

Jeep142

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Welcome!!! My first Jeep was named Bruce.....after Bruce Springsteen!!!

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Welcome aboard!!!! Congrats!!! Great color choice!!!! I also have the ocean blue metallic. LOVE IT!!!!!

Most importantly, if I understood correctly, THANK YOU for your service to our country!!!!!
6FD3F312-CDCC-44A5-9ACF-70E293258D49.jpeg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Congratulations on your beautiful Jeep!

The halogens were dire on the JKs. The first time I drove my husband‘s JK at night I pulled over to see if the lights were on :CWL:.

Thank you for your service and welcome home.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Congrats Jeff! Glad you found us and thanks for your service.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
After over a year of saving up, searching, researching, and annoying the hell out of my wife (not to mention wanting one since I saw Jurassic Park on VHS), I finally got my dream Jeep!! Returned from a deployment a week ago and my truck was on its last legs so my wife and I agreed I needed a new vehicle. She knew I wanted a JLU and nothing but a JLU so we came up with a number we could handle and I set out. Spoke to dealer upon dealer until I found mine. *Almost* settled for one that didn't have the features I wanted but the dealer wouldn't come off $1000 more to meet my required price. Talked to another dealer (Jacksonville CJDR Arlington, shout out to Jeremiah!) that day and, after a bit of a rocky start, we came to a tentative agreement via text. Went up there the next day, got the numbers where I wanted them, traded in my truck, and (after transferring it from another lot) drove off with my first Jeep! The *only* feature it didn't have was LED lights but after driving it at night...I honestly feel like a lot of people overstate the need for them. The halogens are perfectly fine to me. I probably will upgrade at some point, but it isn't nearly as dire as many make it out to be. I did, however, get the color I wanted, the 2.0 engine I wanted, the hard top I wanted, the tech pkg I wanted, and the tow pkg I wanted. Already took the top off and loved it. Freedom panels are the best. Wife loved those (she's coming around haha..already named it Bruce after the shark in Finding Nemo :LOL:). All in all, could not be happier and I can't wait to start modding!Already ordered a 9" antenna and will be taking off those stuuuupid side air dam things on the front bumper tomorrow. Rubi wheels and tires and a 2" lift are on the list as well, but it's gonna be a while. Just gonna drive it and be a happy Jeep owner for a while. :rock: Cheers everyone!!

signal-attachment-2020-05-09-183324.jpg

signal-attachment-2020-05-11-180319.jpg
I see you are already enjoying the top-off life style! Congrats! Reading your post, I relived some of that excitement I had when I bought my first Jeep as well!

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Jeff,

Nice Jeep. I'll bet you won't wait to long on a lift. I'm waiting for my Fuel Ammo Anthracite 17x9 wheels to mate with Duratrac 35's . Welcome, and get used to either waiting or wishing on something. But the lift does make the Jeep. Before and after pics from my 2.5" Mopar lift, in order to help you along.

Congrats and Semper Fi.

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

IMG_20200411_115427.jpg

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Jeff,

Nice Jeep. I'll bet you won't wait to long on a lift. I'm waiting for my Fuel Ammo Anthracite 17x9 wheels to mate with Duratrac 35's . Welcome, and get used to either waiting or wishing on something. But the lift does make the Jeep. Before and after pics from my 2.5" Mopar lift, in order to help you along.

Congrats and Semper Fi.

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

IMG_20200411_115427.jpg
Jay,

Semper Fi. While I myself am not military I come from a military family. Father and Father in law were Navy and Army respectively (Vietnam era). I have a cousin who is Army Ranger.

Take care and thank you very much for your service!!!

Happy Jeeping!!!