Intentsrig-JLU Sporticon

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Good comparison of the UD 44 vs stock 44. This picture I got from someone I talk to on Instagram. Not sure if he’s on here.

The C’s and brackets are a massive difference. Then you can see the center sections increased material even with the way the picture is set up.

6A0DB6E2-9442-44A7-A230-301D450D79F3.jpeg
Dang, what a difference! Your posts have me thinking about this.

BTW, do you still like the Exposed Racks bars? I have dual tops and about to put the soft top back on. I like it so much I may keep in on year-round. I like the utility of the hardtop for the rack and roof storage (don't have a RTT yet) but I get more enjoyment from the versatility of the soft top.
Sponsored

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Dang, what a difference! Your posts have me thinking about this.

BTW, do you still like the Exposed Racks bars? I have dual tops and about to put the soft top back on. I like it so much I may keep in on year-round. I like the utility of the hardtop for the rack and roof storage (don't have a RTT yet) but I get more enjoyment from the versatility of the soft top.
Yeah I think it is a really clever system. The click in accessories is such an easy way to mount different things. Tent, kayak attachments, etc. I hope to see other manufactures make crossbars with something similar. Backbone set up, Maximus three. Ones designed with hard top strength in mind.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I think it is a really clever system. The click in accessories is such an easy way to mount different things. Tent, kayak attachments, etc. I hope to see other manufactures make crossbars with something similar. Backbone set up, Maximus three. Ones designed with hard top strength in mind.
Good to hear. Thanks!

Your build has inspired me. Just put 37s on my Sahara and need to work on the drivetrain. Love what you've done.

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Good to hear. Thanks!

Your build has inspired me. Just put 37s on my Sahara and need to work on the drivetrain. Love what you've done.
Thanks! That’s awesome! The UD 44 is a great axle to consider.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today my buddy and I plati dipped the grille, made some quick disco’s and made a custom bracket for the single ARB high output. Under passenger seat

5CB307E2-A2AD-4E70-A41B-99A3B762816C.jpeg
I know this is an old post but you're one of the very few I've seen mount the single ARB under a seat. Did you just make your bracket from a piece of steel and attached to the rear seat bolts? That's what it looks like but couldn't tell for certain. Are you still happy with it?

I went ahead and bought the compressor like yours. Will just use for tires for now but will add rear locker when my LSD wears out. Lots of mounts for the twin but not much for the single. Yours looks good.

Sorry to keep copying your work :idea:

Sponsored

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I know this is an old post but you're one of the very few I've seen mount the single ARB under a seat. Did you just make your bracket from a piece of steel and attached to the rear seat bolts? That's what it looks like but couldn't tell for certain. Are you still happy with it?

I went ahead and bought the compressor like yours. Will just use for tires for now but will add rear locker when my LSD wears out. Lots of mounts for the twin but not much for the single. Yours looks good.

Sorry to keep copying your work :idea:
Exactly lol. Just some random garage steel. Drilled holes and and used the seat bolts.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly lol. Just some random garage steel. Drilled holes and and used the seat bolts.
Perfect. That’s a good spot for mine as well. Glad it can be done simply. Thanks again for your guidance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
So for those that have been following you’ll know I have the Mopar lift. For quite some time I have been dealing with metal type clicking noises coming from the front of the Jeep, thought it was ball joints honestly. Sorta sounds like a very lose Sway bar quick disconnect clip rattling around. This would happen just driving over any bump or crack in the road.

Well I also noticed my lower passenger control arm was constantly coming loose. Bushing going out no doubt and it sounded awful while flexing, lots of bind. Both ends

So out with the Mopar lift arms and in goes metalcloak. Every single noise is GONE. I can’t believe it was the control arms this whole time.

EDIT: Lol...it was not the control arms...my passenger side lower shock bolt was not torqued enough. Problem noise now gone.

Jeep Wrangler JL Intentsrig-JLU Sporticon 92209974-0CB4-40EF-9CF8-973E754DBD85

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So for those that have been following you’ll know I have the Mopar lift. For quite some time I have been dealing with metal type clicking noises coming from the front of the Jeep, thought it was ball joints honestly. Sorta sounds like a very lose Sway bar quick disconnect clip rattling around. This would happen just driving over any bump or crack in the road.

Well I also noticed my lower passenger control arm was constantly coming loose. Bushing going out no doubt and it sounded awful while flexing, lots of bind. Both ends

So out with the Mopar lift arms and in goes metalcloak. Every single noise is GONE. I can’t believe it was the control arms this whole time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Intentsrig-JLU Sporticon 92209974-0CB4-40EF-9CF8-973E754DBD85
Good choice

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ill actually be selling all of my arms in a few weeks once i get my long arms in, if you wanted the rest of the control arms