First oil change 135c$,

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I am in Canada , That's pretty extensive for oil change, the labour 36$, plus 75$ for 6litter oil and plus tax

My Toyota only get 50ish for oil change at dealer and for 4liter full synthetic oil.

Btw should I feel engine difference after first oil change. I am at 6000km mark with half year age in engine.
I feel like engine more slippery, I mean like you drive it undergear, more responsive during initial acceleration, sounds bit crisp than before. I don't know this is real or total psychological effect due to $slip off my wallet. Lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have Jeep Wave there with the free oil changes for first two years?
Psychological.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
I am in Canada , That's pretty extensive for oil change, the labour 36$, plus 75$ for 6litter oil and plus tax

My Toyota only get 50ish for oil change at dealer and for 4liter full synthetic oil.

Btw should I feel engine difference after first oil change. I am at 6000km mark with half year age in engine.
I feel like engine more slippery, I mean like you drive it undergear, more responsive during initial acceleration, sounds bit crisp than before. I don't know this is real or total psychological effect due to $slip off my wallet. Lol.
I'm in the GTA area and my first oil change was $115 including taxes.

It looks like you paid a little more because your dealer charged you for 6L of oil when your Jeep should only require 5L (assuming you have a JL with the 3.6L motor).

Do you have Jeep Wave there with the free oil changes for first two years?
Psychological.
Unfortunately there's no such thing as Jeep Wave here in Canada :(

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
@nerubi we do not have Jeep Wave program in Canada. Dealerships charge a small fortune for oil changes. Even worse for a tire rotation (1½ hours labour?!). I do it myself and keep the receipts.

@BadAssBumbleBee is right about the 6L though. You should go back to your dealer and complain about how ignorant they are with respecting your vehicle! Then find a better garage to do the work right the first time.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
@nerubi we do not have Jeep Wave program in Canada. Dealerships charge a small fortune for oil changes. Even worse for a tire rotation (1½ hours labour?!). I do it myself and keep the receipts.

@BadAssBumbleBee is right about the 6L though. You should go back to your dealer and complain about how ignorant they are with respecting your vehicle! Then find a better garage to do the work right the first time.
....and drain the extra quart out as it's overfilled and will leak and make a mess.....

Sponsored

OP
OP

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I'm in the GTA area and my first oil change was $115 including taxes.

It looks like you paid a little more because your dealer charged you for 6L of oil when your Jeep should only require 5L (assuming you have a JL with the 3.6L motor).

Unfortunately there's no such thing as Jeep Wave here in Canada :(
Thank you, I call them back, the guy start lie without any check, "your vehicle take a little more than sir",so he know it was five. Then he check his manager (who's on laid off), lol, then refund.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Just do what I do. Buy the Pennzoil Platinum when it's on sale at Canadian Tire (should be around $30) and take it to the dealer when you do your oil change.

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Just do what I do. Buy the Pennzoil Platinum when it's on sale at Canadian Tire (should be around $30) and take it to the dealer when you do your oil change.
Smart !! That’s what I do. Half price at CT. How much your dealer charge you for labour plus filter?
Sponsored