First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
2020 JLU Sahara Altitude MSRP: 52470 Got dealer to go down to 44200 +TTL
4.84% for 84 months

Altitude package, safety group, led group, 8.4 audio group, cold weather group, 3.6 v6 upg1, proximity keyless unlock, floor mats and mopar tube bars

It looks like a good deal but something telling me to hold off and wait to see what June economy does to auto industry.

thanks
Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
4.84% for 84 months

Altitude package, safety group, led group, 8.4 audio group, cold weather group, 3.6 v6 upg1, proximity keyless unlock, floor mats and mopar tube bars

It looks like a good deal but something telling me to hold off and wait to see what June economy does to auto industry.

thanks
Seems like a good deal, but yea June could bring something good. It’s a gamble, but it may pay off.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
4.84% for 84 months

thanks
4.84% is high in current economy.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
2020 JLU Sahara Altitude MSRP: 52470 Got dealer to go down to 44200 +TTL...
15.76% off MSRP and you posted it on here to ask if it’s a good deal?!?!

Don’t wait until June. Move on that ASAP otherwise someone else WILL take it.

And when you get that paid off 1/3 of the way, refinance. You should be able to lower your monthly payment, the term and interest rate.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
That's 15.8% off of MSRP which is very good, but they are making some of it back on the financing. For instance for awhile they were advertising 0% interest.
Do you have the final deal in writing? Some dealers that provide this kind of deal then addon more fees and other things to get the price back up. The unscrupulous ones will wait until you come to pick up the vehicle to let you know about this. I was looking at one dealer that advertised prices that sounded too good to be true, then I started reading their reviews and a lot of people complained about things like this.
Anyway, good luck with your deal.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
15.76% off MSRP and you posted it on here to ask if it’s a good deal?!?!

Don’t wait until June. Move on that ASAP otherwise someone else WILL take it.

And when you get that paid off 1/3 of the way, refinance. You should be able to lower your monthly payment, the term and interest rate.
They are making a lot more back on the financing side. 84 months at 4.5% means at year 4 he's lost that 15.8% off MSRP.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
They are making a lot more back on the financing side. 84 months at 4.5% means at year 4 he's lost that 15.8% off MSRP.
True. The terms of financing are based on his credit worthiness. But if he refinances after 1/3 of the vehicle is paid off, he can recuperate those savings, possibly shorten the term length and reduce the monthly payment and interest.

The dealer gets paid at the time of sale and they’re entitled to make that money. Which is why I recommend refinancing after some time. Then the bank that paid the dealership gets to eat it.

OP
OP

Racerx805

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
May pay the trigger this week on this, the apr is somewhat competitive for this term as of last week when I was approved. The only hang up now will be the color, wanted the firecracker red instead of the sting gray but the dealer doesnt want to move off 47k for the red

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Total buzz kill coming with my reply, but here goes. I would wait a year or so and get your finances in better shape. Whether that is paying off debt or adding to savings for a down payment. Then once those are in better shape I'd go to a dealer you really like and order the exact Wrangler YOU want with only the options YOU want. Then finance at no more than a term of 60 months. The economy may get better or it may not. Get the Jeep you want and then enjoy the hell out of it.

That's my $.02 worth.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
4.84% for 84 months

thanks
I would check your credit score yourself to see what your actual FICO is. They have 0% x 36 in some areas on Wranglers now.

Depends on your actual credit but that interest rate is high if you have Tier-1 or even Tier-2 credit. I suspect they have a LOT of "reserve" or profit in that loan IF you have good credit.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I would wait a year ...
There are so many factors that I wish I could predict...
Pricing should be good now because of the unemployment rate, and will likely get better as production resumes, but the other side of this is that if you need a vehicle soon the supply and selection is slowly going down.
Again I can't predict but I think the economy will be going strong a year from now and pricing will be much closer to MSRP.
Ordering vs. buying off the lot- really depends on what you want and how badly you want certain features.

OP
OP

Racerx805

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I would check your credit score yourself to see what your actual FICO is. They have 0% x 36 in some areas on Wranglers now.

Depends on your actual credit but that interest rate is high if you have Tier-1 or even Tier-2 credit. I suspect they have a LOT of "reserve" or profit in that loan IF you have good credit.
I qualify for 0% @ 36 months but I would have to put 25k down to get the payment where I want it

OP
OP

Racerx805

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
There are so many factors that I wish I could predict...
Pricing should be good now because of the unemployment rate, and will likely get better as production resumes, but the other side of this is that if you need a vehicle soon the supply and selection is slowly going down.
Again I can't predict but I think the economy will be going strong a year from now and pricing will be much closer to MSRP.
Ordering vs. buying off the lot- really depends on what you want and how badly you want certain features.

I am thinking the only thing I would have to worry about is the selection dwindling until factories start pumping out units soon.

Only drawback is the gray instead of red....maybe I will lease for 36 months then get get another one
Sponsored