Sponsored

RUBICON Lift Less than 2 inches - options without going spacers ?

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
@Rubi VT so about the RC kit. Could you comment how close it feels to stock? I’m looking for a kit that is plush like oem and I can control the stiffness with the shocks.

could you comment on that aspect? I live in Florida (no OFFROAD) but will be moving to Puerto Rico where roads are full of holes and bumps. The OFFROAD is mainly low speed on red mud where articulation is needed.

I’m looking for a ride that I can ride over holes at high and low speed and feel mínimum impact. (Seems like the vortex shocks will do that) just concern about the spring stiffness.

I know companies like accutune can get me an answer for my requirements but seems liked you figured it out at half cost.

Also, I plan to run 37s, and rustys control arms and track bars, roam aluminum bumpers, warn winch, and full size spare tire. JLUR bone stock right now.

Appreciate all your contribution to the Jeep Community.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Oh also running my stt pro coopers at 37 psi
WOW - ok. im sure others can chime in here but i run my E rated BFG KO2 35 x 12.5 x 17 @ 32 (maybe 34 at the MOST!)

Id play around with that first thing!!! I know when i run high 30's the tires start to round in the middle and jeep starts to wander A LOT!

I have heard - no numbers but - heard the Rubicon Express springs are pretty soft. No doubt in my mind ride will improve with lower PSI and a stiffer spring given your gear / bumpers setup.

Synergy makes great stuff - i image that will help as well.

let us know

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Rubi VT so about the RC kit. Could you comment how close it feels to stock? I’m looking for a kit that is plush like oem and I can control the stiffness with the shocks.

could you comment on that aspect? I live in Florida (no OFFROAD) but will be moving to Puerto Rico where roads are full of holes and bumps. The OFFROAD is mainly low speed on red mud where articulation is needed.

I’m looking for a ride that I can ride over holes at high and low speed and feel mínimum impact. (Seems like the vortex shocks will do that) just concern about the spring stiffness.

I know companies like accutune can get me an answer for my requirements but seems liked you figured it out at half cost.

Also, I plan to run 37s, and rustys control arms and track bars, roam aluminum bumpers, warn winch, and full size spare tire. JLUR bone stock right now.

Appreciate all your contribution to the Jeep Community.

So I felt like the straight up RC 2.5 inch lift was a very good product. As I have said many times I love the adjustable Vertex shocks. The shocks will play a major roll in controlling the vehicle over rough roads particularly at speed. That was one of my main goals was to run the washboard, pot holed, backcountry VT roads at 30 or 40 (sometimes 50 - shhhh) without it feeling like i was about to pogo stick myself off the road! BTW my "control vehicle" for comparison is my 2017 Ford Raptor. Nothing races up or down a shitty back road like that truck. Anyway Jeep now feels very controlled and to be able to dial in shocks for long road trips or back woods trail riding (or anything in between) is very nice.

Which leads to my spring "experiment". 3 sets of springs in 2000 miles. I know - who does that ?

OK - the RC 2.5 inch springs were stiffer than OEM Rubicon springs. Not a tonne but firmed up the on road feel and no issues going slow through the mud bogs and VT rock gardens. Are they MOAB worthy - not sure. I do some rock crawling and certainly never felt the springs were holding me back. All in all a solid 2.5 inch lift but not complete by any means - i repeat NOT complete. You need a front track bar, I used Rustys but RC makes a very beefy adjustable track bar for like 150 bucks. You also need adjustable lower control arms. RC has a good one but they did not make a Rear LCA so again I went with Rustys. Basically I bought the $1500 RC 2.5 inch lift because I wanted the $1400 Vertex adjustable shocks. Then I bought the Rustys $1000 lift (sway bar end links, F+R adjustable LCAs and F+R adjustable track bars and 2 inch springs) without shocks.

I am using the RC sway bar end links - they seems well made. I have taken them off at least twice now (every time i swap out springs) and the bushings seem solid. And also using RC bump stops (no issues there).

The Eibach springs were because the Rusty kit was on back order and I thought I could return the Rusty springs if i decided to keep the Eibach springs on. Oh well. Its a silly HOBBY!

hope all that helps.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
So I felt like the straight up RC 2.5 inch lift was a very good product. As I have said many times I love the adjustable Vertex shocks. The shocks will play a major roll in controlling the vehicle over rough roads particularly at speed. That was one of my main goals was to run the washboard, pot holed, backcountry VT roads at 30 or 40 (sometimes 50 - shhhh) without it feeling like i was about to pogo stick myself off the road! BTW my "control vehicle" for comparison is my 2017 Ford Raptor. Nothing races up or down a shitty back road like that truck. Anyway Jeep now feels very controlled and to be able to dial in shocks for long road trips or back woods trail riding (or anything in between) is very nice.

Which leads to my spring "experiment". 3 sets of springs in 2000 miles. I know - who does that ?

OK - the RC 2.5 inch springs were stiffer than OEM Rubicon springs. Not a tonne but firmed up the on road feel and no issues going slow through the mud bogs and VT rock gardens. Are they MOAB worthy - not sure. I do some rock crawling and certainly never felt the springs were holding me back. All in all a solid 2.5 inch lift but not complete by any means - i repeat NOT complete. You need a front track bar, I used Rustys but RC makes a very beefy adjustable track bar for like 150 bucks. You also need adjustable lower control arms. RC has a good one but they did not make a Rear LCA so again I went with Rustys. Basically I bought the $1500 RC 2.5 inch lift because I wanted the $1400 Vertex adjustable shocks. Then I bought the Rustys $1000 lift (sway bar end links, F+R adjustable LCAs and F+R adjustable track bars and 2 inch springs) without shocks.

I am using the RC sway bar end links - they seems well made. I have taken them off at least twice now (every time i swap out springs) and the bushings seem solid. And also using RC bump stops (no issues there).

The Eibach springs were because the Rusty kit was on back order and I thought I could return the Rusty springs if i decided to keep the Eibach springs on. Oh well. Its a silly HOBBY!

hope all that helps.
Wow so you picked the RC lift over the synergy lift and fox shocks? I remember reading your thread and then I just saw the end. Why did you not go with the synergy lift?

Sponsored

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU

hope all that helps.
Thanks. I’m looking to do the same RC/Rusty combo

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wow so you picked the RC lift over the synergy lift and fox shocks? I remember reading your thread and then I just saw the end. Why did you not go with the synergy lift?
Decision was based on wanting the RC Vertex adjustable shocks. I looked at the Fox racing 2.5 inch adjustable shocks but they were 1300 more (2700 for the set) than the entire RC lift. I figured money saved that I could use to experiment with different springs.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
@Rubi VT - we're in the exact same boat. After 4k miles on 35's and A LOT of research (and back and forth as well) I decided on a Teraflex ST1 spacer kit and Icon 2.0 shocks. Not a lot of reviews out on the Icons for the JL, but went this route after solid recommendations from the owner at the shop that's doing the work for me based on the fact that my rubi is my daily driver and that when I do wheel I tend to run light and lean. Parts are on order and I'm hoping to have them installed this week. I'll post some feedback for you.

How did this work out? That's what I'm looking at doing.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Love the setup. Rusty's progressive springs are very stable both on and off road and drive great - way better than stock and a bit better than the RC springs (because RC were not progressive they make them a bit stiffer which is great on road and honestly fine going slow off road but fast dirt roads i felt they were a little much). That said LOVE the RC Vertex 8 way adjustable shocks. Obviously its difficult to compare different shocks without mounting them on your own jeep, with your own setup, tires, springs blah blah. All I can say i really like they way they run on road (long road trips i use the #7 setting) around town and every day i leave it on the middle #4 setting and for long off road trail rides I been using #1 or #2.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
How did this work out? That's what I'm looking at doing.
I'm 2,000 miles in after the lift and shocks. I love the stance and the ride quality from the shocks, both on and off road, but my steering has suffered. Not a huge surprise, but she definitely wanders especially at highway speeds. I'm gonna be heading back this week for upgraded LCA's to get some caster back and might also consider a new track bar to really make the front end solid.

Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I'm 2,000 miles in after the lift and shocks. I love the stance and the ride quality from the shocks, both on and off road, but my steering has suffered. Not a huge surprise, but she definitely wanders especially at highway speeds. I'm gonna be heading back this week for upgraded LCA's to get some caster back and might also consider a new track bar to really make the front end solid.
@Friday2322 - Update: Just got back from the shop and was advised to get a track bar and longer sway bar links to adjust my steering. You should check out the AEV 2" spacer lift. In hindsight I wish I would have known about this one earlier. It comes with the longer sway bar links and Procal Snap to adjust for larger tire size, which I ended up buying after the TF spacer kit anyways. Good luck man

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
35” KO2’s on a 2.5 lift. Rock Krawler springs on Mopar lift Fox shocks.

E22AEE82-C057-4A49-9388-9A978C9016A0.jpeg

3ACFEA23-0B77-4163-8F1D-722CEB8F9920.jpeg

190D4362-39F0-4C24-BC72-7875AE7A0C2E.jpeg

D2B587F7-3EC5-4110-83FB-F5A8F1FC4584.jpeg

571EF400-A5AC-4C14-B229-5B4E69C56939.jpeg

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
@Friday2322 - Update: Just got back from the shop and was advised to get a track bar and longer sway bar links to adjust my steering. You should check out the AEV 2" spacer lift. In hindsight I wish I would have known about this one earlier. It comes with the longer sway bar links and Procal Snap to adjust for larger tire size, which I ended up buying after the TF spacer kit anyways. Good luck man
Thanks for the update, I hadn't heard of the AEV kit either, I'll check it out.
Sponsored